My challenge run using only the spare units!

Hellfire

So i kill every playable character who has a face and backstory besides Marth, and go through the game using only the shitty characters they give you when you don't have enough characters left alive. I'm currently up to chapter 9 doing this.

http://imgur.com/a/DPhJk#0

http://imgur.com/a/hz58l#0

Enjoy :)

I'll probably be uploading the rest as videos, so you'll be more likely to see updates if you subscribe, although I'll also be posting this over in /r/fireemblem on reddit.

Edited by Hellfire

• 6 months later...

I wonder why nobody has replied! this is a cool idea!

Also, so hotlinking (photobucket, etc.) is bad and imgur is good? ok! I can finally feel non-guilty about uploading my Fire Emblem 4 run!

^^Photobucket is fine too; you can directly link images from image hosting services. Photobucket is one such service. Not to mention that he didn't even directly link, just provide a URL (which you can do with any site, but it's not conducive to a good LP).

What difficulty are you playing on? I know it's doable on H3 and H4 at least (courtesy of me and SB, respectively).

EDIT Never mind, didn't notice the Frey death. I'd recommend starting on a harder difficulty, seeing as you can solo NM with Marth anyways.

Edited by Refa

It's based on the average level of your units (someone more knowledgeable than me can C/D). Of course, since Marth is his only unit...

Edited by Refa

So, at what point does the game give you promoted generics? Usually we won't see promotion for a while, especially THAT many units. Is it based on Marths level or something?

Average level of your party at that point, and I believe they promote once the average level is 16+

Edited by Phantom037

Wow. That is early. How will their stats be? Average, based on growth, promoted at lv.20? Or Average, promoted at lv. 10?

Averages, promoted at level 15. They only have the growth rates of their class.

I've tried this type of run a few times, but their 0 luck made them annoyingly prone to crits.

• 1 month later...