The ROLLING REQUEST THREAD(Currently doing: A Hiatus)

TheMoniker

What hack/s would you like me to play soon?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Here are the choices:

• Decay of the Fangs(mediocre)
    • League of ASDF(pretty good)
    • Yuri's Sidestory(okay I guess)
    • Shattered Realms(good)
    • Exalted Legacy(no idea)
    • Shatterlight(excellent)

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These politics are confusing. So the emperor was assassinated, and there's a bunch of suspicious people throwing suspicions around, arguing who's the suspect. Is Mr. Richter the bad guy, or Mr. Ugly? We'll find out... in a few parts. Also, that bandit must be broken. They're not meant to surrender! RULE NO. 1 OF BANDITRY: ALWAYS FIGHT TO THE DEATH. EVEN IF IT MEANS FIGHTING MYRMIDONS WHO HAVE 100% HIT ON YOU AND YOU HAVE NONE. AND THEY DOUBLE YOU.

Edited by Darrman

1.) HEY I LOVE THAT GAME

2.) >Moniker says uppercut

>Attack is going downwards

>Uppercuts go upwards

>mfw

About the whole animation thing, I think I said this at the start of the LP but Judith uses a (awesome) modified Hector animation, which starts with an uppercut and then does a downward smash.

These politics are confusing. So the emperor was assassinated, and there's a bunch of suspicious people throwing suspicions around, arguing who's the suspect. Is Mr. Richter the bad guy, or Mr. Ugly? We'll find out... in a few parts. Also, that bandit must be broken. They're not meant to surrender! RULE NO. 1 OF BANDITRY: ALWAYS FIGHT TO THE DEATH. EVEN IF IT MEANS FIGHTING MYRMIDONS WHO HAVE 100% HIT ON YOU AND YOU HAVE NONE. AND THEY DOUBLE YOU.

RULE NO. 1 OF BEING A BOSS: NEVER USE TACTICS AND ORDER PEOPLE TO CHARGE

RULE NO. 1 OF BEING A GENERIC: NEVER SAY ANYTHING SO THE PLAYER NEVER HAS TO CONFRONT THE MORALITY OF THE MASS SLAUGHTER REQUIRED FOR WAR

RULE NO. 1 OF BEING A GOOD GUY: HAVE A PRETTY FACE(unless you're that FE6 bandit I guess)

I hope this is only called Awful Emblem because people at SA made it. It's actually a good hack.

It is, and it is!

Time for...

The CHAPTER 3 PRELUDE!

7fo1qb9.png

rv2ZiNy.png

N: is en route to Lord Richter’s Castle Thessalon, hoping to find aid for the village of Falnor.

Are we actual going to get there this chapter?

SmSJ952.pngfOVT8Rl.png

Okay, we probably are, but it won't be safe.

N: Very soon, the fate of a small rural village will become but a trifle…

rzQ8yu9.png

Here we are! Looks like Richter is indeed an Eliwood lord. I have to wonder now if he'll be our hero after "Lyn Mode" is over...

(We won't find out, the hack doesn't go that long)

Lgm1wbk.png

A knight comes in...

o2cuwwr.png

Richter: …Is this important, Ferris? I’m in a bad mood.

Your dad just died! Is "I'm in a bad mood" the most grief you can muster!?

(Although, the message never did arrive... then again, I don't remember him ever feeling actual sadness about his family death.)

Ferris: Might be. You remember that letter we got?

Richter: Yes. They’re here already? Well…no point keeping them waiting. Send them in.

JYg0U3Q.png

We're here! Now, we'll know for sure who's the evil one in this political equation, depending on how he responds to us...

1xLY9Pl.pngFmx6b8J.png

Richter: Well met. Your letter mentioned bandit problems?

Judith: That’s correct. You see, not two weeks ago…

EgI6ISI.png

The explanation probably wouldn't have been that lengthy, but we skipped it anyway.

ja5WMkZ.png

Richter: This is grave news indeed.

Judith: Have you any men to spare us, Your Grace?

Richter: Do I look busy? Martin!

BDw9IZD.pngUdg22oB.png

Richter: Leave enough to maintain our garrison, split the rest between village defense and patrols.

Martin: At once!

Aha! He actually helped us, and presumably all the other villages... I mean, he wouldn't expend all his extra troops on just ONE village, right? That would be silly.

Of course, this confirms him as not-evil, and usually in these politics situations things are split 50/50... that leaves lordly lady, old lady, and ugly guy. WHO KNOWS THEIR ALIGNMENT?

EAKilWt.png

Richter: Now, if there is nothing else, I must attend to other business. I will have rooms prepared for the nigh-

aNMddtO.pngjTUrjtH.png

Whoa, what? He's back!

Richter: What is it, Martin? Calm yourself!

7lViBhg.png

Is it the news about the king's de-

rERUfLN.png

OH. Well then. Looks like our battle scenario is set up!

Richter: What? Who is attacking?

Martin: I-I do not know! They wear no crests, no colors, but they can’t be mere brigands! They cut the guards down too quickly!

So, some group was sent here to assassinate Richter... by directly attacking the castle? Wouldn't that arouse suspicion? Why not just use a normal assassin?

Richter: I see…

2edR9ns.pngxadu4XU.png

Of course not!

Zzi7mXa.png

Richter: Can a mere handful of you-

kCkSYES.png

And Judith just jumps in and volunteers us! We're a random village militia! By FE logic, we can totally hold off an organized military force!

Judith: We’re armed, and I doubt they’ll care that we’re not your soldiers.

Richter: You have my thanks. I apologize for having to involve you in this.

B2bGQuF.png

Everyone gets organized. No, we're not getting a prep screen quite yet.

WWLcbuX.pngyuzNLfc.png

Thanks...? Are you giving us this so we can... rob your own chests?

Q7QF2By.png

Richter: if you can just keep them from getting any further, my soldiers will be able to do the rest.

And then Richter walks off the map, leaving the throne empty and taking nobody with him. Shouldn't he at least have taken Ferris or Martin with him? What if some bandits come from the side? He'll be all alone!

Whatever, let's just get to the fight!

xTVethA.pngsg9QzMu.png

The enemies are mixing in mages now, but disregarding those, he's right.

0xrY1VT.png

June: We’ll hold them back in these narrow halls!

Martin: Ah, then this will help!

zuu07xN.png

A light rune?

Martin: I had it stashed in my bag, ma’am! Always be prepared!

June: Indeed! Well done, kid!

Martin: I believe you mean, “Private”, ma’am?

June: Well, “Private,” this is a battlefield now. If you’ve time to worry about titles, you’ve time for fighting.

Martin: Yes, of course!

Gcj1n5B.png

SRxK35U.png1lweu8I.png

Hah, hah. Interestingly, this is the same bandit that killed the messenger last chapter.

Bandit dragon: None of ‘em look the part so far, boss. Not fancy ‘nuff to be lordlings.

Jerkdit: We’ll flush him out eventually. Bring me his head!

W1HvwPv.png

Jerkdit: His tawny tresses shall complement the walls most nicely, don’t you think?

As we all know, bandits always end up with golden mansions in ALL their FE appearances!

END DIALOGUE

wbFjneO.pngSEe6hpi.png?1

0EzZWBD.png?1

(I only cut off one tile, I swear!)

Okay, this is where the game starts to stop with all the easy-street chapters, and actually is going to go a bit harder on us. The enemies have seriously stepped up their game, and while you COULD just make this fight easy by holing up in the upper portion of the map, if you want all the rewards(and we do) you're going to have to move downwards and kill everything!

Ly1iNT8.png

We have to last for 7 turns. All in all, not that long.

FnliHWs.pngELhouyn.pngPwYPM4T.png

Today we are joined by Martin, who is way weaker than June. Honestly, I kinda feel like their levels should be switched. And defense missions are difficult times to train new units... ah well, I plan to use everyone since this is "Lyn Mode" and all, so we'll see what we can do with him.

Note that he does indeed have a Light Rune, but this place isn't exactly full of 1-tile passages, so he can't really use it.

XH5KQyJ.png8d1yF4P.pngztlDVOq.png

Our other newbie is Ferris, who at the moment is essentially Wallace. Good HP and fantastic defense means that physical units just can't do a thing!

oIpC9g7.png

The generics are level 3 now, and as I said they've started to mix some mages in there. Ferris isn't ENTIRELY invulnerable.

Y1E830Y.png

Also, their description says they're under the command of Lord Cedric... remember? The ugly, probably evil dude?

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR THE STORY?

Sk0Ck5p.pngGcTu29q.pngOUOD8Js.pngXDgwpSa.png

Loot!

gskUMzN.pngxgCYaqc.png

This guy is back to the "I'M EVIL" descriptions, and he has money for us to take! He won't come out of this alive.

Okay, that's everything.

NEXT TIME: Bad levels and a thief!

GROWTHS:

Martin:

HP: 85%

Strength: 45%

Skill: 35%

Speed: 30%

Luck: 40%

Defense: 40%

Resistance: 20%

Total: 295%

This guy isn't that much different from June at all, really... He doesn't specialize in anything and so is wide-open to RNG screwage, but if he manages to get some good levels he could be quite usable.

Ferris:

HP: 85%

Strength: 40%

Speed: 30%

Luck: 35%

Defense: 50%

Total: 295%

Looking at both of these guys' growths together... they seem to be exceedingly similar! Seriously, barely any difference at all. Either way, Ferris seems to be a knight who sacrifices extreme defense for not-100%-sucky speed and resistance growths. Regardless, if he doesn't USE those not-sucky growths, then he's going to end up terrible.

About the whole animation thing, I think I said this at the start of the LP but Judith uses a (awesome) modified Hector animation, which starts with an uppercut and then does a downward smash.

Apparently not. My mistake.

Nah this is all my bad. Should've given this hack more credit and assumed when Monkier said "uppercut" that Judith used a custom animation.

dem generic soldier spoiler descriptions yo

Edited by Sadisticorc

Nah this is all my bad. Should've given this hack more credit and assumed when Monkier said "uppercut" that Judith used a custom animation.

dem generic soldier spoiler descriptions yo

No I was also assuming that SA just borrowed Hector's animations for Judith. Kudos to SA for making custom ones.

Okay guys, sorry I've been kind of letting this LP fall to the wayside lately. It's just that GhebFE can keep a guy quite busy... Have an extra-long update to make up for it!

Awful Emblem: Episode 4: Chapter 3: Defend to the End

hqSRTEU.png

To start, let's all admire how BUFF this wall is.

i1unQ9c.pngb68lWKW.png

Sorry mage, you're a hazard to my armor knight!

tWpXHag.png

Rose DOESN'T help with the soldier.

76Z8y5J.png

Okay, we have a really bad wall to help hold off the initial assault in the middle.

5ny9KkB.png

?? A thief with dialogue?

y5cZPm9.png

Oh, hey there... you have quite the unique portrait!

Thief(???): They never told me where the treasury was exactly… Guess I’ll jus’… help myself to his lordship’s cellars while I wait…

OAh7WYQ.png

And then he heads down the stairs. We'll probably see him again in a minute.

mBQOXEL.png

The myrm and the soldier behind him(he has a javelin) are going to be picking at the wall. Presumably you're supposed to use that time to have Willow shoot them, but that's not how it's going to work here.

hDfZDXr.png

Dangit! I guess it was to be expected...

yddQKmq.png

Oof! The mage was supposed to attack Willow! I should have made Judith use the hand axe.

30ZI3s6.png

I think those two cavaliers are new. Looks like my wall's gonna have 5 enemies smash into it at once!

yeiMb5I.png

Willow kills the mage and Judith gets back. I need to get that door unlocked so Judith can take the treasure!

HT4n0B1.png

This is what Martin vs fighters looks like.

1liZHCZ.png

The thief comes out, and moves back and forth a few times...

XBdxtKY.png

Uh... huh...

GK46Sd9.png

Jack is on the field now, I'll talk about him in a minute.

T7qp3Bz.png

For now, Rose is experiencing PAIN!

xku3XhH.png

We have quite a lot of enemies, and not enough units to chew through them all! But if we survive this, the rest of the enemies should be scattered and will drop easy!

C0UTQ9C.png

Here's Jack... I like the minimug.

Q22pNr0.pngUJlmDLl.png

WOAH. This guy does NOT mess around. We won't have the opportunity to recruit him yet, but when we do, he's gonna be a great thief. For now, we can't kill him(for more than one reason), so we have to beat him to the chest! I think.

zbYhh9V.png

Willow unlocks the door so Judith can get going. The bad news it, the wall's almost broken by now!

UzrCpXX.png

Another droppable. I appreciate it.

S8N0o0O.png

Very un-myrmy level. I can appreciate defenses, though.

wF9guLL.png

Jack: Eh?

Enemy armor: Get moving! We’re gonna need you if the Duke’s locked himself up!

Jack: Wha’s this aboutta Duke?

Enemy armor: The target, you idiot! Duke Richter! Don’t you remember what we hired you for?

Jack: No one said anything aboutta Duke. Thought you jus’ wanted me to help you grab some… some gold from the vaults or somethin’.

Whd5HJf.png

Yeah, he's drunk.

Jack: Don’t do ‘em. Sorry.

6J4o1g2.pnguApV7XP.png

Wow Jack. Are you going for refuge in audacity here?

u5TXYK9.png

The armor leaves as well. I think Jack's gone for good.

fZxxFEq.png

So, you know how everyone says June is an OP monster? I'm not seeing it.

HyukIkB.png

Mmm...

9ucqJpn.pnguwAagy4.png

More cavaliers and an armor! Luckily, we were able to clear that other wave out!

NsarI4Z.png

No Ferris. No this is not helping.

OGwP2sS.png

We loot the chest and get-WAIT WHAT

rGjlaEt.png

RESCUE. IS NOT A D-RANK STAFF.

Okay, I guess I should just be grateful. A tool like this could be quite useful, since it's apparently no longer "too-valuable-to-use-endgame" material.

PYVrlhN.pngPslE6xb.png

Excellent, excellent!

DIh4NQx.png

It's been a long and hard journey, but these enemies finally made it into the castle! Too bad they won't get far.

IokQnHM.pngk2d21FV.pnghArA5Cg.png

dm24Gt4.png

Judith gets a level, and Rose dies! ARE THE TWO EVENTS COORDINATED?

DXNsT4z.png

We try again, and she lives, but new enemies appear!

vqpoge9.png

Oh, cool! Looks like Martin might be the more OP of my cavaliers!

DkDsBjl.png

Rowan, you're a good soldier, and speed is good, but try to get more than one stat please.

jgRhWRd.png

Killing enemies is easy now. We've defeated the initial waves and the scattered stragglers are all that's left.

tg1mUiL.png

Good job, Willow!

vsRq2S9.png

Yeah, we're pretty much done.

K6jAbbA.png

Wow, Willow really is a good archer!

T4wk2q0.pngp2G01ud.png

This is a great way to finish a chapter! Why can't all the chapters I play end like this?

Yz3jfLg.png

Buddy, you're all alone! You know, that never bodes well for FE bosses...

OufxOWo.pngRszMKn7.png

Only one person's gonna die today, Tristan.

YQ7VY4D.png

And it's not Rose!

cBCS3cs.png

Chip, and...

Ie5wSTv.pngUtb1IUw.png1g2nVVT.png

Finished! As you can see, this bandit does not end up with a mansion.

Blah, I should've used savestates to see what happens if you leave him alive. Normally I try to be a completionist, but I guess I failed here.

N9iJ7Eh.png

After the first level, this is a MASSIVE disappointment. Though, it does strike an interesting parallel with June...

ravZqRm.png

But we have MONEY!

4jIUMrm.png

I thought I had to discard something, but apparently we have Supply? I'll have to look into that...

We wait one more turn, because the chapter doesn't end when the boss dies.

mvnlh18.png

Richter's back, too late to actually help!

qr2PpoQ.png

Richter: Knights, apprehend these rogues!

3dliUGw.pngz7EYOQi.png

Who is this guy? There's nobody left on the map!

eXT29qT.png

The knights head off to kill all the enemies that aren't there as the scene fades to black...

1TioUJb.pngQA1lfOy.png

!!!

Richter: Let me see it. …Ah!

w0VDaO4.png16WPdQh.png

So, turns out the description WAS correct! Looks like "probably evil dude" is now "evil dude". That's two alignments confirmed!

LJ5F3VX.png

Why are we chipping in? We're just a surprisingly competent village girl.

Judith: You and I both knew of his petulance when he ruled these lands.

Richter: But for him to put a price on my head, as if I were a common criminal…

Judith: This is a mystery indeed, but with all due respect

7ICDOg8.png

Why are we discussing anything!? All we came here to do was ask for aid!

7q7jrHU.png

And when did you suddenly become a general? Did you just randomly gain 7 maturity points in a level up?

Richter: Yes, of course. Please, make use of our rooms.

qvZDi18.png

We see her later at night, wandering around all alone...

OY1aL9p.pnghE5vhF9.png

Well... the plot...

zvvcyAK.png

Wha-THEN WHY DID YOU WILLINGLY VOLUNTEER YOURSELF FOR THE POSITION!? It's not like you were forced to do it!

Okay, I have to say that this whole "get Judith involved with the war" thing seems pretty contrived.

Judith: Is helping Richter really the right thing to do?

Okay. So, some random disorganized bandit-defense militia has to be the main force helping a lord against an army, because the lord's own knights just suck THAT MUCH.

Niccolo: You saved a man’s life, Judith. I cannot decide for you what you do from here, but it is good that you are concerned about it.

Judith: Is it, really? …I know you’re right, I did nothing wrong, but… I’m scared, Niccolo…

Niccolo: Of course you are. You’re getting involved in matters far beyond your experience. But I’m sure that you will make the right choice.

Niccolo seems to be acting the most sane out of everyone here.

Q0Zr8nL.png

Yeah, you could.

Niccolo: We can return home, let his own knights protect him…

fwjvP69.pngmClEPSx.png

Judith: If he’s being targeted for an assassination, He’s going to need all the help he can get. I was old enough to remember what life was like under Cedric. Rest assured, if any other noble gains control of this province, they won’t give two figs about our little village.

Whoa, what? Cedric used to rule? And he was EVIL about it?

Niccolo: It sounds to me like you’ve made your choice.

Judith: I think so. Thank you, Father. I really needed someone to talk to.

Niccolo: You are quite welcome, Judith. It’s what I’m here for.

xJTVIJe.png

And now, it's morning. I hope we'll at least get paid for this.

Richter: Cedric’s attempt on my life has changed matters entirely.

wzJzeZd.png

Great, looks like he's not going to give us those troops after all. I mean, he is at war, but still.

Richter: Indeed.

YdXglbA.png

Yup, looks like we HAVE to help him, or Cedric probably won't end up dealt with.

Richter: But you have my word, when this ugly business is done with, I will not forget my promise. In the meantime, I would like to make you an offer.

Judith: …What sort of offer?

Richter: Why, your aid, of course. You and your friends proved quite capable yesterday.

3zrpLhu.png

Okay, maybe this won't be so bad! I hope we get some specifics, though. There'v been to many wars where the soldiers who were promised compensation instead receive army vouchers or something. We want REAL cash!

Judith: May I ask what, precisely, you would have us do.

c6wDu3A.pngcOySnha.png

Are we under attack AGAIN?

Richter: Speak.

ciiKmx6.pngHHz9S3m.png

Wait, so Cedric is attacking villages now? WHY? If he wins, won't he get to rule over the villages? He should be leaving them as well-off as possible!

Richter: …I see. Gather the men and march!

GyASBVV.png

Judith: I believe I am, Your Grace.

Assist=do all the work ourselves, there will be 0 green troops on the map.

yVWiuwh.png

No Judith! THINK OF THE ARMY VOUCHERS YOU DON'T WANT!

Richter: You have my thanks. Now, I must call the banners and ready our counterattack. Luck be with you.

M4bac3J.png

NEXT TIME: The "Judith does all the work" campaign really begins!

Time to read (Something) Awful dialogue in...

The CHAPTER 4 PRELUDE!

JG4k7MX.png

2rLZK8i.png0ZqmLN3.png

Because we have to!

bu8awiM.png

It's a pity the rest of the politicians don't know this.

N: Then a messenger informs the two of Cedric’s designs:

RBflIK5.png

N: Judith races to stop him.

And that's our chapter premise!

v8dQHlq.png

Here's the army we're fighting...

mS6OEAB.png

Wha-Jake!?

Roger: Report.

U82QZ3n.png

Because of US!

Roger: Disappointing, but not surprising in the least. This is why you don’t send thugs to do a knight’s job.

Jake: Lord Cedric probably thought that you’d be too obvious.

Roger: Certainly. Doesn’t change the fact that the street rats were sure to fail.

Jake: Well, Richter’s on his way here. Do you suppose that Tristan was supposed to fail, to draw him out? Easier to get him in the open than if he’s hiding in a castle.

You guys sure are having a lengthy discussion, considering Jake here is just a messenger. You guys friends?

Roger: Could be. Could also have been just a colossal screw-up. Who can really say when the capital’s involved.

KUQ2Mc9.png

Not really. What I'm guessing is, Cedric(the ugly guy) killed the king, framed Richter for it, and is using it as an excuse to attack him and conquer his lands. Not THAT complicated.

Roger: I’m glad that I’m out here and not in Athan.

Jake: No argument from me, sir. Every time I have to report there, my head starts spinning.

Roger: Don’t envy you one bit. I make it through this, I owe you one drink.

Jake: Then you’d better be careful.

Roger: You too.

(He's gonna die.)

hfPeEOY.pngBWsAvc2.png

Wait, aren't you supposed to be using the village as a base to attack Richter again?

wW7BYNh.png

I think I was right about the whole framing thing...

bVbgKcE.png

DUDES EVERYWHERE

FspaAHU.png

Luckily, we've arrived! Richter is apparently coming with us. Shouldn't he be staying in his castle? I mean, ANYONE could just kill out here!

no5UBHG.png

Judith: That’s them, then?

Richter: Yes. That standard they fly belongs to Baronet Cedric.

Judith: I will fall in place with the others, then, if it pleases your Grace.

EAOsPcB.pngQZsOeyc.png

And once again, random village militia is going to be way better than actual trained people.

Richter: It shames me to admit it, but the troops under me are either green or unfit for command. You have experience, and people will follow you.

Okay, that sort of explains it. I guess Richter spent most of his rule not really using his military for anything.

Judith: Surely there is someone else, I…

Richter: There is no one better suited to the task. I observed the fight in my manor. I have the utmost faith in you, Judith.

Judith: I… I will not let you down, Duke Richter.

Richter: Excellent! I expect great things from you!

hMBmn9w.png

The plot!

16RDNQr.png

Judith: …Let’s go.

Any green troops with us are "fighting offscreen". We'll be all alone in the chapter.

END DIALOGUE

Rf5Yn2s.png

Hey! We've finally got a prep screen! Always a pleasure.

PvasdWg.png

We can take everyone along, so that's exactly what we're doing!

xjbwqH4.pngXwURJCJ.png

*puffs up chest*

25/25 Tactician, as always!

sjDbvVz.png

Yup, we do indeed have a generic "supply". And it's attached to Judith, just like in FE8! I personally have always liked the concept of having a convoy handle it, but this is very convenient too.

S6NNJF9.png

Formation!

nmDMEUT.png36eODUA.png

Hmm? A pegasus?

Peg merc: When you hired me, I was told we’d be fighting an army. Since when did that include torching a village?

Roger: Orders come from the top, and I’m not one to question them. You’d best do the same if you want to earn your keep. Understand?

dUBeGg5.png

Should you really be saying this right in front of your employer?

DSI3mKS.png

The peg is quite lucky this guy's too lazy to do anything about it.

Roger: Can you do that?

Peg merc: …Fine. But once this job is over, I’m gone.

fXxCXiz.png

She flies over, and it's time to start!

QgIvSXZ.png?1wtmKSKO.png?1

XpgTixB.png?1BdkUKb5.png

(not perfect, but you get the idea)

So, lucky us, the village we're trying to save hasn't been conquered yet! We'll rush up there, grab the village, and then march forward to victory! Things are complicated slightly by us having to recruit the pegasus(we'll have a few people use the snag), but honestly, this chapter seems really simple.

TBdnEFw.pngM0MhZMg.pngkufIJyW.png

Here she is, our earlygame pegasus person! She doesn't seem to be all that fast... I don't think she's that great. I'll have to look at her growths.

MfezmVH.png

Oh, she and her generics also have this. This unpunctuated lance is apparently good for fliers. Or something. I don't see much special about it, besides it being an iron lance that doesn't weigh them down.

nUmXxtC.png

Are these guys gonna turn green and help us at some point? I wouldn't mind it.

KAARMGA.pngHgv0pMh.png

Droppables!

Ud2vEjR.pngNcJ3yU6.png

Whoops. Maybe I should fix his name in my transcription... nah. He seems kinda weak, but he'll probably move. I don't think we need to worry too much, though.

2Uq09tx.png

NEXT TIME: Two new fighters!

GROWTHS:

Victoria:

HP: 65%

Strength: 30%

Skill: 60%

Speed: 65%

Luck: 45%

Defense: 15%

Resistance: 30%

Total: 310%

Blagh. I mean, I don't think she's "bad" as much as "depressingly standard". I was hoping for something other than generic pegasus growths. She'll live or die by her strength, as you can probably guess.

am i the only one who thought the peg was a man at first

Yes.

Oh hey, Victoria's using the male aid formula.

Really? This hack seems to be doing some odd stuff with all the gendered class separations. Maybe it's trying to say something?

Time to play a (Something) Awful level in...

Awful Emblem: Episode 5: Chapter 4: Saving the Village of Woodcutters

uNmfS4l.png

We start by separating into two groups to attack from different directions. Let's check the house!

ZbUAlof.png

Girl: Our logging men have been holding down the fort, but they aren’t trained soldiers. The only ones who can really fight are Frank and Angus, and even they can’t keep them back forever! Please, hurry!

We aren't trained soldiers either, but it looks like we aren't alone after all!

E6qXhY0.png

After a short enemy phase, one of the loggers shows up!

uUkZ3si.png

Frank(?): Attacking the village while I’m away? For shame!

6GS4Upq.png

Well, he seems... enthusiastic...

f35alfC.png

I forget to take his stat screenshots for a while, so let's focus on OUR loggers instead!

kn3jdqv.png

Excellent as always!

HLBX0JK.png

I guess we can't visit this.

IjWre2Z.png

But we CAN visit this!

ysiN6Dv.png

Angus: Me name’s Angus, a woodcutter. And if you’ll ‘ave me, I would lend me axe to your service! These dastards’ll wish they never set foot in me woods.

And so, both of the fighters are accounted for!

wDNNnUo.pngT2Ywaer.pngHda4Luj.png

g7SDYZl.pngqqVg7G3.png03vueYK.png

From what I can tell by their bases, Angus is the "traditional" fighter and Frank is the "balanced" fighter. As I said before, I'll be using everyone since this is "Lyn Mode", so we'll see how they both turn out!

G7hpXhA.png

Another random new weapon, like the Flight Lance. I guess it's not useless but it seems kind of pointless!

6EZytIL.png80dyAqt.png

Here we go! An opportunity to shop! Restock time!

KIV9TAW.png

Not bad, Clover, but you haven't gained strength even once. You need it!

IvPEcmI.png

The enemies decide not to dogpile Frank, and we only lose one kill.

E3x1m4P.pngsgJCv6o.png

Pretty standard selection.

zTG4dx4.png

Sideways-T formation, troops!

6yEM17Y.png

Looks like Victoria and her friends don't move. It's probably safe to advance.

bA57cfD.pngKuFtt2Y.png

OR NOT. I swear, this has to be the most agonizing death possible in FE!

MOyI8ls.pngbueezVg.png

Yeah, yeah, I'll warp back time.

vY9bGZt.png

Judith eats it instead. Ow. Now I see why we wanted the antitoxin.

UUUCirH.png

Get on the team!

Angus: Figured ah’d find you out ‘ere, Frank.

Frank: Angus! Finally came out of hiding?

TAoHNFa.png

Oh... yeah, sure...

Angus: For your information, ah wasn’t hidin’. But enough o’ that. The lord’s lent ‘is aid, and ‘e needs men. You game for it?

Frank: Am I ever!

wGiWQ91.png

Frank: Fortune and glory will finally be mine!

I guess we can count on his loyalty.

Angus: So you say. But leave some for the rest ‘o us, would ya?

Frank: I shall rein in my power, if I must.

0p2xgtS.png

This thief doesn't move? Really? Huh.

QHNlR5q.pngaTDMpCc.png

He isn't difficult to beat.

jw5NEvA.png

Suddenly, reinforcements from the back!

4euRV4E.png

Judtih, you need to perform here! You can't assume the moniker of HECTORA if your stats suck!

U0EF2BU.pngOA6171Q.pngslab5FS.pngxBsqI7r.png

Forest dude: The trees will outlive you all! Long after you’re dead and buried! And you become food for the trees…

While this happens, Ferris slowly moves backwards. In his situation, I would too.

r8V5H4M.png

The boss's troop starts moving downwards. It's too late now, you lonely cavaliers can't stop us!

dzbKkfH.png

Get on the team?

y82ZW0P.png

Victoria: Oh, just considering my options. I was hired to wage war, not burn villages and kill civilians. Call me old-fashioned but a mercenary’s got to have honor.

Judith: Well, why don’t you come work for us? I’m sure Lord Richter could pay your rates.

Victoria: Tempting, but I’m still under contract. Although…

nYruKT3.png

I get you. Standard FE mercenary tactics. For people with faces, at least.

QaDIv4T.png

Victoria: Once this battle’s over, we can negotiate terms.

1Gr46Cd.png

And she leaves. I guess we won't be getting her now, which is kinda bad since she's level 3. When she joins next chapter, she'll be a good bit behind!

m27oH3S.pngfv2XfDu.png7FA3TMY.png

Worst crushing ever.

pI3cmM6.png

Oh hey, dudes. They're too late! They can't change anything!

7IdyJiX.png

I think Angus(Frank?) can handle all these guys by himself!

8MtVBL9.pngVExnuzp.png

Not good, not terrible...

kD7nQFe.png

Angus. Angus, you're supposed to be able to do this on your own, not trip and fall face-first.

YtPZyNn.png

Let's take care of the boss!

ekb7wPv.pngq4vhHHj.png

Ah ha...

hQwfjNK.png

Rogier: Doesn’t matter. You can’t keep that traitorous dastard from me

FYZmSgX.png

If that didn't make the guy join, then he deserves to die for being an idiot! KILL HIM!

EdA3gs3.png3Y6it8C.png

And DEAD.

jq72GeO.png

...Crap.

YCYOSI8.png

Hey, at least Martin's pretty much caught up with the rest, level-wise.

zqZ5Iic.png

Blagh! Traditional fighter indeed!

gemGpOh.png

At least we get this.

u1yJ2Dx.png

Things are ALMOST wrapped up...

oOe5sF4.png

When suddenly, Angus AGAIN misses this soldier. He was the last enemy!

Nxo9fuZ.png

Because of that, the game had time to spawn more troops in! Some coincidence, huh?

VorUSDv.pngB9A8h37.png

They drop easy, at least for an AWESOME unit like Willow.

wmtRY9U.png

Niccolo gets his first and possibly only level. Not bad!

DmMNPTi.png

The last mage is killed. We win!

NEXT TIME: Another politics update!

GROWTHS:

Angus:

HP: 80%

Strength: 60%

Skill: 55%

Speed: 25%

Luck: 20%

Defense: 35%

Resistance: 15%

Total: 290%

Looks like my estimation as "traditional fighter" was right-though, he actually has surprisingly good skill. He'll probably become a power, HP-tanky unit with not much else to his name. Looking at that growths total, I'd even say he could stand a small buff.

Frank:

HP: 80%

Strength: 50%

Speed: 45%

Luck: 40%

Defense: 20%

Total: 290%

So, he gains a good amount of speed and a pinch of resistance and luck, in exchange for losing out on everyone else. I was about to declare him the better of the two, but I've changed my mind. I think he might be worse.

am i the only one who thought the peg was a man at first

Yes.

Huh. Well then. This isn't the first time i've mistaken gender in fe (not counting characters like Lucius or Libra, who are meant to be that way), but it's usually with the FE 4 and 5 style portraits.

I can't be the only one pls someone back me up

Edited by Sadisticorc

Huh. Well then. This isn't the first time i've mistaken gender in fe (not counting characters like Lucius or Libra, who are meant to be that way), but it's usually with the FE 4 and 5 style portraits.

I can't be the only one pls someone back me up

I gotchu fam.

Huh, I thought Angus was the better one through and through, but that 25% speed growth...

Also, I don't think you ever posted June's growths?