Birth order in Kamui's families...

Kamui-of-Nohr

No, what I'm saying is that it's unlikely that, if Hinoka is indeed a sibling as well as the Archer, that's 4 siblings. Same with the other side. It just seems unlikely to me that IS would do that. I know they're supposed to mirror each other but having that many people related to you just seems like too much.

[spoiler=Well]If you look at this image - there is 4 siblings and 4 adoptive siblings plus the dancer girl at the middle. (If you ignore Kamui)

mainimg.jpg

So Hinoka is somewhat relevant enough to be on this image alongside Kamui.

---

There is this image too...

feif-april034.jpgWith the same characters and a line that splits both sides.

Edited by Naughx

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. I refuse to believe it. It's not true.

There is the possibility of Hinoka being an adopted sibling herself, or perhaps a step sibling since Kamui is supposedly a half-manakete. Or at least, I hope so since it wasn't stated what kind of siblings Kamui had aside from the obvious. As well as Ryouma and Sakura confirmed to be siblings while Hinoka was just.. left out. I dunno.

Um... you're free to believe whatever you want, but it's not smart to ignore evidence that's right in your face.

The entire segment is clearly labelled "Hoshidan siblings" in Japanese. Presumably, in English, it's weird to outright call them siblings, so they used "family" or "kin" instead.

As for the Avatar having too many siblings... we're talking about royal families, remember. Historically, royal families typically have more children than normal for various reasons, such as increased likelihood of succession.

Now I wouldn't be surprised if the Avatar wasn't actually born into Hoshido or his other family members are adopted, but that would IMO be a slap in the face to the scenario they carefully planned, where you're meant to be tugged between your two opposing families.

Edited by VincentASM

Um... you're free to believe whatever you want, but it's not smart to ignore evidence that's right in your face.

... Yeah, I know. It's really just hope that's keeping me on this side of the argument right now, which is rather unfortunate. I guess we'll just have to wait and see for me about that, even if it is just the confirmation.

Something that kinda bother me is the inconsistent hair colors. The Nohr side is almost all blonde, exception being Camilla. Even the adopted Kamui is blonde, just lighter. Hoshido, on the other hand, is, well, weirder, IMO. Ryouma has blackish/Dark grey hair, Hinoka has red hair, Kamui (assuming this is his family by blood, as the trailer says) is very light blonde (maybe even white, IDK.), the archer fella is blonde, darker than Kamui, and Sakura has pinkish hair. I mean, Why so inconsistent? If you count the older woman we see in the trailer as a part of his family (Mother? I dunno) and the guy that gets shot by a few arrows as family as well (In that case, Father?) then we can see a pattern at least with Ryouma, but srsly what about the rest? It just really bothers me, somehow.

I dunno, is that a reason?

I mean, there was consistency in Awakening, for example, Chrom's family. Sure, he was blue but both of his sisters were blonde, and Lucina was blue haired. The children would also get the hair color of the parent that they were not tied to (does that makes sense?) so, why not have anything like that here?

It's probably nothing, I know, it just really bothers me. Whatever, we'll see how it all turns out.

I did find it ironic that your adoptive Nohr family looks more uniform and similar to default Kamui than your (supposed) actual family does, but I think part of that may be due to the 'colorless' palette Nintendo seems to be adopting for self-insert avatars. It sort of makes them appear like a coloring book character that you're supposed to fill in.

I will be making mine a redhead assuming I get the capability.

I still have the feeling that IS is gonna pull a "lol Hoshido isn't your family either, they just found u as a little dragonbaby in da woods like Goku lol got u boi" deal so fans can have more marrige options like Ryouma or Hinoka. In regards to birth order, I think that it'll go

Marx>Camilla>DKB>Kamui>Drillz

Ryouma>AB>Hinoka>Kamui>Sakura

Although, Kamui is a dragon, so he could be the oldest of them all, if he isn't really related to Hoshido.

Edited by JothTheConqueror

The entire segment is clearly labelled "Hoshidan siblings" in Japanese. Presumably, in English, it's weird to outright call them siblings, so they used "family" or "kin" instead.

As for the Avatar having too many siblings... we're talking about royal families, remember. Historically, royal families typically have more children than normal for various reasons, such as increased likelihood of succession.

Now I wouldn't be surprised if the Avatar wasn't actually born into Hoshido or his other family members are adopted, but that would IMO be a slap in the face to the scenario they carefully planned, where you're meant to be tugged between your two opposing families.

I don't think it's as set in stone as you think. All the pictures of 'Hoshidan siblings' also has Sakura and/or Ryoma so it's not incorrect to say 'this picture contains your family'. I could easily see Hinoka/Camilla/Archer boy/Dark Knight bro as family retainers and not actually your siblings. Maybe they could have said "Hoshidan kin" but they're trying to emphasize the blood connection for the trailer.

The reason I have doubts about the unconfirmed characters is 1. these characters haven't been given any specific commentary and 2. there is more diversity in the narrative to not have everyone be family. Just like Chrom, you already have your bases covered with one older and one younger sibling.

While their hair colors do not all match up, both Camilla and twizzle tails look like they have purple eyes. In the split screen image, it looks like Camilla has a bit of blonde hair (this could just be the light) and twizzle tails has purple spirals twisting through her blonde hair (could be ribbon or hair).

I don't recall as much diversity in hair color for siblings in other Fire Emblem games I've played. Usually two different hair colors in a family at the most that I can remember. Maybe on the Hoshido side they all have a different mother or father.

While their hair colors do not all match up, both Camilla and twizzle tails look like they have purple eyes. In the split screen image, it looks like Camilla has a bit of blonde hair (this could just be the light) and twizzle tails has purple spirals twisting through her blonde hair (could be ribbon or hair).

I don't recall as much diversity in hair color for siblings in other Fire Emblem games I've played. Usually two different hair colors in a family at the most that I can remember. Maybe on the Hoshido side they all have a different mother or father.

Well there is always Lana and Lester, Lester has blue hair for some reason despite everyone else in his family being blonde. The only way this makes sense is if you paired Aideen with Lex and really who does that? (XD granted elite would really help level Lana)

Something that kinda bother me is the inconsistent hair colors. The Nohr side is almost all blonde, exception being Camilla. Even the adopted Kamui is blonde, just lighter. Hoshido, on the other hand, is, well, weirder, IMO. Ryouma has blackish/Dark grey hair, Hinoka has red hair, Kamui (assuming this is his family by blood, as the trailer says) is very light blonde (maybe even white, IDK.), the archer fella is blonde, darker than Kamui, and Sakura has pinkish hair. I mean, Why so inconsistent? If you count the older woman we see in the trailer as a part of his family (Mother? I dunno) and the guy that gets shot by a few arrows as family as well (In that case, Father?) then we can see a pattern at least with Ryouma, but srsly what about the rest? It just really bothers me, somehow.

Well, look back at some previous FE siblings:

Pegasus sisters from 1-3: Paola has green hair, Catria has blue, Est has pink.

Pegasus sisters from 6: Shanna has blue hair, Tate has ice blue, Juno has purple

Pegasus sisters from 7: Florina has lavender hair, Farina has blue, Fiora has turquoise.

Not to mention all the crazy hair color combos in the FE4 siblings (Sigurd has blue, Ethlyn has pink; Julia has silver/white, Julius has red, Seliph has blue; etc.)

What I'm getting at is that FE doesn't care about hair color genetics.

Well Hinoka and the little one both have red hair, Archer and default Kumai seem to have similar hair color, and lobster is the odd one out. Not too unusual? I've seen families where the kids have 3 different hair colors (and different shades of red/blonde among redheaded and blonde families)

ALthough lobster lord has reddish hair in the TCG art? tumblr_nmsaxkUG4Z1s2kuezo2_1280.png

Which matches his sisters but what's up with that?

Edited by Eveangaline

I think I might have worded my post wrong, sorry about that. My point was that when it comes to looks, the Nohr side (atleast in my opinion) looks more like your family than the Hoshido side does. Hoshido leans more to the reddish side, with red haired Hinoka and Pink haired Sakura (Don't know about the TCG art. Interesting, but the lighting seems to have a pretty big effect on it). Nohr, however, is almost all blonde. Camilla is the only one who isn't and even she shares her hair color with the ribbons or whatever it is in Twintails hair (Visible in the trailer, though not certain if it's actually hair or just ribbons)

I think I might have worded my post wrong, sorry about that. My point was that when it comes to looks, the Nohr side (atleast in my opinion) looks more like your family than the Hoshido side does. Hoshido leans more to the reddish side, with red haired Hinoka and Pink haired Sakura (Don't know about the TCG art. Interesting, but the lighting seems to have a pretty big effect on it). Nohr, however, is almost all blonde. Camilla is the only one who isn't and even she shares her hair color with the ribbons or whatever it is in Twintails hair (Visible in the trailer, though not certain if it's actually hair or just ribbons)

But presuming the avatar has customizable hair color like the last game, hair color isn't the best thing to go by.

It's funny, I never considered mister dark-mage-on-a-horse and Camilla to be a part of your adoptive Nohrian familly. And honestly, I don't really like this idea, it's too simple. In any case, well, Camilla and that guy share the same hair color, so I kind of assumed he was her father.

qmhDU68.jpg

As for "Blarth", I don't know, he seems really uninterested about which side you're going to choose in that scene with everybody. And apparently he's really strong, so he could be around a lot simply because he's Marx's second or something.

I have a similar view on Hinoka and Takumi being you siblings, but even less to base an argument on, so I'll leave it at that. I can't deny it seems very possible in Hinoka's case, though.

Edited by Cysx

I think Marx and Book Bro are brothers. Their faces aren't shaped the same, but they have the same hair and eye color.

post-14695-0-24625100-1429037583_thumb.jpg

But then again, the archer has the same hair and eye color, too, so there's that.

I want to say Camilla is, too. She and the little sister have the same eye color and the little sister has those ribbons (or hair) entwined in her pig-tails that are the same color as Camilla's hair.

Edited by Sir_Frederick

Personally I think that Camilla and GK Butler are distant relations, like a baron (not the class, but the social position) and his daughter. I think that hair color is just gonna be disregarded, as with eye color if we can change it.

It's funny, I never considered mister dark-mage-on-a-horse and Camilla to be a part of your adoptive Nohrian familly. And honestly, I don't really like this idea, it's too simple. In any case, well, Camilla and that guy share the same hair color, so I kind of assumed he was her father.

qmhDU68.jpg

As for "Blarth", I don't know, he seems really uninterested about which side you're going to choose in that scene with everybody. And apparently he's really strong, so he could be around a lot simply because he's Marx's second or something.

I have a similar view on Hinoka and Takumi being you siblings, but even less to base an argument on, so I'll leave it at that. I can't deny it seems very possible in Hinoka's case, though.

That's actually pretty much what I'm thinking as well. Though if Camilla and Dark Knight isn't your siblings then Hinoka and Archer probably won't be either, mostly because the sides seem to mirror each other in that regard.

This is the best argument against Kamui being a full-fledged Manakete. S/He's probably only half-Manakete at best, and we know because of Nah in Awakening, that it means he/she ages normally as everybody else does.

Nowi while aging nowhere near as a regular Manakete is implied to age slower than a regular human read her support with Inigo, that being said I kind of doubt Kamui age slower than average because that would be readily apparent and I think Kamui being a Manakete is gonna be something freshly revealer to Kamui at the start of the game, that being said I think the developers would want to make the avatar special so it's likely that either Kamui is gonna be half-Manakete but still a half-sibling of the Hoshido family. (The Hoshido won't be Manakete for balance/they want to make the avatar special reasons.) Or that Kamui wasn't BORN a dragon but through some random act of God/BS plot ritual was granted Manakete powers Edited by weso12

What about the Hoshido Queen? She doesn't look old enough to be the mother of Kamui's family (definitely not someone as old as Ryouma, unless they pull a Jotaro with "lol I look like I'm in my 20s but I'm actually a teenager") so maybe she's actually an eldest sister? Or maybe your family isn't royalty, just high nobility.

I don't think it's as set in stone as you think. All the pictures of 'Hoshidan siblings' also has Sakura and/or Ryoma so it's not incorrect to say 'this picture contains your family'. I could easily see Hinoka/Camilla/Archer boy/Dark Knight bro as family retainers and not actually your siblings. Maybe they could have said "Hoshidan kin" but they're trying to emphasize the blood connection for the trailer.

The reason I have doubts about the unconfirmed characters is 1. these characters haven't been given any specific commentary and 2. there is more diversity in the narrative to not have everyone be family. Just like Chrom, you already have your bases covered with one older and one younger sibling.

While I agree there hasn't been any solid confirmation, I'm convinced Nintendo wants you to think that way.

During the aforementioned sequence, Hinoka is the focus of the second scene. Also, it's clear the trailer is emphasising parallels between the two families and in the Nohr sequence (which is labelled "Nohrian siblings"), Camilla--Hinoka's parallel--is definitely the focus of the second scene.

So it's not hard to believe Camilla and Hinoka are both siblings.

Archer and dark knight being siblings too is less implied, but it would sense since they're on the main site image with the rest of the family and it would create symmetry amongst the family (so you have elder brother, sisters and younger brother, sister).

Edited by VincentASM