Birth order in Kamui's families...

Kamui-of-Nohr

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For convenience, I think there should be a mixture of older and younger sisters, but from appearances that doesn't seem to be the case.

Like I thought it would go something like:

Marx > Camilla > Avatar > Dark Knight > Troubadour

Ryouma > Hinoka > Avatar > Archer > Sakura

I think it would be very interesting if he was the oldest, he IS a manakete after all, but wouldn't he understand that something was amiss though ?

Maybe Ryouma was lying, or said he was the older brother just for appearance's sake or something.

Edited by B.Leu

Part of me wonders if the Hoshido royals actually are his family, since even that side must have some sort of drama involved. Perhaps the (now-deceased?) father sought to use Kamui for his own ends just as Garon did. Heh, it would also make it easier to explain why they all look so different, but then again, we're in anime land, so I guess discussing things like hereditary hair colors is pointless.

Granted, that's probably not the case, and both stories will deal with themes like "what exactly is a family?".

Anyway, since Kamui has to have been kidnapped at a fairly young age, and Hinoka (is she confirmed to be his sister?) remembers him/her, she's probably older than him/her.

If Kamui is a dragon of any sort, he could theoretically be the oldest. (Though, Ryouma already said he's older than Kamui, didn't he?)

I think it would be very interesting if he was the oldest, he IS a manakete after all, but wouldn't he understand that something was amiss though ?

Maybe Ryouma was lying, or said he was the older brother just for appearance's sake or something.

Not really, if Kamui is part-manakete then it's completely possible for Ryouma to be the older sibling. I feel that too many people on SF forget that recessive genes exist. Kamui's apparent manakete-ness could work similarly to the Branded in Tellius, in which it randomly crops up in someone in the line. Also, Branded aged normally like beorc until a certain point, that could be the same with Kamui.

I may have quoted your post, L95, but I actually refer to various people on SF in various threads I've seen. Maybe yours was not the right one to quote, but I'm not sure why there's so much questioning at this point on Kamui's heritage. If the Hoshido siblings were not really related to him, then he doesn't have any point to choose them over Nohr, right?

I may have quoted your post, L95, but I actually refer to various people on SF in various threads I've seen. Maybe yours was not the right one to quote, but I'm not sure why there's so much questioning at this point on Kamui's heritage. If the Hoshido siblings were not really related to him, then he doesn't have any point to choose them over Nohr, right?

This is the best argument against Kamui being a full-fledged Manakete. S/He's probably only half-Manakete at best, and we know because of Nah in Awakening, that it means he/she ages normally as everybody else does.

This is the best argument against Kamui being a full-fledged Manakete. S/He's probably only half-Manakete at best, and we know because of Nah in Awakening, that it means he/she ages normally as everybody else does.

While I agree, it's entirely possible that Kamui himself doesn't know he's not related to them by blood either, which would make for a fairly interesting plot twist.

Edited by Thane

While I agree, it's entirely possible that Kamui himself doesn't know he's not related to them by blood either, which would make for a fairly interesting plot twist.

The only way I could see that working is if it came late into the game on Hoshido route. It would add some nice drama between characters we've spent the whole game getting to know and love as siblings. The timing is key. If it came too early, before we started caring about the people fighting for Hoshido, you'd have to wonder what the point was, realistically.

The only way I could see that working is if it came late into the game on Hoshido route. It would add some nice drama between characters we've spent the whole game getting to know and love as siblings. The timing is key. If it came too early, before we started caring about the people fighting for Hoshido, you'd have to wonder what the point was, realistically.

I agree wholeheartedly. If it makes Kamui ask for what he has been fighting for and feeling like a jerk for betraying those who raised him, then it could make for some pretty nice character interactions, I'd wager. I wonder who should be the one to give him the news, if this hypothetical scenario were true.

Anyway, since Kamui has to have been kidnapped at a fairly young age, and Hinoka (is she confirmed to be his sister?) remembers him/her, she's probably older than him/her.

No, not yet anyways. And I hope she isn't. I really do.

Anyways, I think Ryouma is obviously the oldest of the siblings with Kamui being in the middle and Sakura last. Same with Nohr, Marx then Kamui then Twintails. I don't think the Archer or the Dark Knight are related to you though. Or Camilla, considering the outrage from fans of her would be. (OR Hinoka. Cause she's my waifu.)

I keep forgetting, but in the Japanese version of the Direct, the scenes with the Avatar's family are labelled as "Hoshidan/Nohrain siblings".

So Hinoka is pretty much confirmed to be the Avatar's sister, as is Camilla (but adopted).

I keep forgetting, but in the Japanese version of the Direct, the scenes with the Avatar's family are labelled as "Hoshidan/Nohrain siblings".

So Hinoka is pretty much confirmed to be the Avatar's sister, as is Camilla (but adopted).

Nope. I refuse to believe it. It's not true.

There is the possibility of Hinoka being an adopted sibling herself, or perhaps a step sibling since Kamui is supposedly a half-manakete. Or at least, I hope so since it wasn't stated what kind of siblings Kamui had aside from the obvious. As well as Ryouma and Sakura confirmed to be siblings while Hinoka was just.. left out. I dunno.

Nope. I refuse to believe it. It's not true.

There is the possibility of Hinoka being an adopted sibling herself, or perhaps a step sibling since Kamui is supposedly a half-manakete. Or at least, I hope so since it wasn't stated what kind of siblings Kamui had aside from the obvious. As well as Ryouma and Sakura confirmed to be siblings while Hinoka was just.. left out. I dunno.

Childhood friend maybe? Thats the vibe I'm getting from that scene in the trailer.

That being said, I feel like everyone is overestimating how many people the avatar is related to. I highly doubt every character we see in the Hoshidan side of the trailer are all related by blood/adoption aside from Ryouma and Sakura.

''Is your destiny tied to your bloodline?''

''Shows the 4 Hoshido royals''

Doesn't necessarily mean their related. I think it's unlikely that even the Dark Knight and Archer are related to you. I mean come on, that's basically 6 siblings.

I didn't know parents can only have 2 children

No, what I'm saying is that it's unlikely that, if Hinoka is indeed a sibling as well as the Archer, that's 4 siblings. Same with the other side. It just seems unlikely to me that IS would do that. I know they're supposed to mirror each other but having that many people related to you just seems like too much.

No, what I'm saying is that it's unlikely that, if Hinoka is indeed a sibling as well as the Archer, that's 4 siblings. Same with the other side. It just seems unlikely to me that IS would do that. I know they're supposed to mirror each other but having that many people related to you just seems like too much.

It doesn't seem strange to me? Obviously if you have two separate families you're gonna have a slightly larger than average amount of siblings.

Then again I have 4 older siblings so maybe I have a different standard of what constitutes a lot.

I think some people are underestimating how many characters an average Fire Emblem game has. In 7 there are 44 playable characters; in Awakening 1st gen alone constitutes 29 without the Avatar, and then even more if you count children characters. If we say that this game has about 20-30 (exclusive or not) characters each side, PLUS the 8 family characters that may be related to Kamui and therefore may not be eligible for potential S-rank, you've still got 20-30 characters who aren't related. That's...a lot, still.

It's possible that Blonde dark knight/Hoshido archer and Camilla/Hinoka aren't related, but given that a large emphasis is placed on "blood" vs, "adoptive family" while featuring these characters (Camilla and Hinoka, still unsure about the two boys) I'd say it's currently skewed towards them being part of your family.

It doesn't seem strange to me? Obviously if you have two separate families you're gonna have a slightly larger than average amount of siblings.

Then again I have 4 older siblings so maybe I have a different standard of what constitutes a lot.

I have friends who are the youngest/eldest of 6/8 siblings, respectively. It's really not as many as people say, especially if it's only 4 per family.

Gotta' keep in mind there needs to be at least nine months between them in age, but admittedly that isn't very difficult to pull off. The trend seems to be two or three royal kids, too. I'm leaning towards Kamui having one older sibling and one younger sibling.

But whoo speculation.