2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps you refer to those large cats that dwell in Motor City? Or the Porpoises in Southern Florida.

Dolphins made it in 2008 (got decimated by the Ravens)

The Lions made it just last year (lost to a bullshit call against the Cowboys)

He's a Bills fan, they haven't made it since Clinton was president.

Edited by Lord Raven

For reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NFL_franchise_post-season_droughts

Also for my final pick this season, I'm going with the Panthers. The way they dominated the Cardinals(and the Seahawks in the first half) was extremely impressive...the Broncos managed to squeak by despite another subpar offensive performance.

Edited by -Cynthia-

The Patriots? The most injured? LOL no, I think that award goes to the Ravens.

According to mangameslost.com the Patriots were the most injured in terms of number of players going down. Their was a whopping 1(!) offensive lineman all season that didn't miss some sort of time with injury. One of the starting guards from last season played a whopping 14 snaps this season due to a mysterious illness followed by a shoulder injury. They spent time without their top WR, 2nd WR, game-changing TE and their top 2 RBs. And that's just the offensive side of the ball. The defense suffered key injuries at all 3 levels throughout the entire season.

Look, I'm not griping and although I'm not completely over the loss yesterday, I think it's pretty remarkable the Patriots went this far in spite of shit like starting the season with rookies at all 3 interior o-line spots.

Oh, you meant in terms of number of players going down. I was talking more about how many key players were lost and couldn't come back. The Ravens lost Joe Flacco, Justin Forsett, Terrell Suggs, and Steve Smith for the season, and they had a few other guys get hurt too, I think.

Your Patriots at least kept Brady and got Gronk and Edelman back...

Edited by Anacybele

Yes, when I say "most injured" I mean "most injuries." I kind of assumed you would figure that out on your own. Edelman missed almost 2 months and the most dynamic running back on the team was injured less than halfway through the season. The offensive line injuries are comical in their number. Doesn't matter if Brady is on the field if he doesn't have time to throw. Which is basically the theme of every playoff loss for the last decade (except 2006)

At least you've made it to the playoffs this millennium. I support the only team who still hasn't done that.

That's true, sorry for my overreaction. I was acting a bit petty.

Well, you're allowed to be disappointed that your team lost if you want to, Jedi. Just saying.

Agreed. Just understand that the "joke" of the NFL will always belong to the team that made the Superbowl year after year and found a way on how to lose every single time in increasingly embarrassing ways.

I have high hopes for the Browns next season. If Josh Gordon is reinstated, Hue Jackson is going to have a lot of fun calling plays. Hell, with a semi-competent QB, the offense looks pretty good on paper.

You mean if Josh Gordon can stay out of trouble... Wasn't that guy getting suspended left and right?

I have faith in Hue Jackson to keep Josh Gordon out of trouble actually. Josh Gordon has the ability to elevate their offense to the next level and I think Jackson will make that abundantly clear to him.

I've pretty much given up on Josh Gordon by this point. Even if he manages to stay out of trouble from here on out (which I doubt), his skills are probably pretty rusty from all the time he's missed (Unless, of course, the Browns get rid of him. In which case he'll be back to All-Pro status immediately for some other team and never get a suspension again. Because that's how it always works for Cleveland sports teams).

Of course, I could rant about how Josh Gordon keeps getting huge punishments for smoking weed while all the guys who beat their girlfriends/wives or their children get little more than a slap on the wrist. The NFL's punishment system is pretty fucked up.

Uh, wasn't Adrian Peterson suspended like a whole season for beating his kid? I'm not saying I agree with the NFL 100% of the time when they punish someone (like, Brady gets 4 games for cheating, but Vontaze Burfict only gets 3 for actually purposely and repeatedly injuring other players?), but yeah.

Edited by Anacybele

Uh, wasn't Adrian Peterson suspended like a whole season for beating his kid? I'm not saying I agree with the NFL 100% of the time when they punish someone (like, Brady gets 4 games for cheating, but Vontaze Burfict only gets 3 for actually purposely and repeatedly injuring other players?), but yeah.

Ray Rice was given a 2 game suspension. Considering that he knocked his girlfriend out cold on camera... doesn't add up.

Edited by Jim Moriarty

Ray Rice was given a 2 game suspension. Considering that he knocked his girlfriend out cold on camera... doesn't add up.

Wasn't that before they discovered the tape? He hasn't been on a team since.

Edited by Anacybele

Wasn't that before they discovered the tape? He hasn't been on a team since.

I think Goodell himself admitted to knowing about the tape before that. The suspension just got much worse when the public found out and the NFL had to cover its ass. If the tape didn't go public, Rice would've been back playing with the Ravens again after missing just two games.

Another example is Greg Hardy. Just as bad as Rice, except without a hint of remorse. And he's already back playing again for the Cowboys.

I have faith in Hue Jackson to keep Josh Gordon out of trouble actually. Josh Gordon has the ability to elevate their offense to the next level and I think Jackson will make that abundantly clear to him.

You mean someone from the Marvin Lewis coaching tree will discipline someone? Fat chance. If Hue Jackson were John Harbaugh who basically verbally slaughters people for doing shit wrong then sure, but Marvin Lewis has never told Vontaze Burfict to buck up and stop doing stupid shit in the three years. On top of the clusterfuck that was the mid 00s Bengals.

I'm pretty sure Goodell did know about the tape but they didn't bother with it. The whole PR campaign by the Ravens was really terrible for that too which shows how incompetent our PR is, because they tweet out random shit from the press conference. Even still though, people are sorta defending Ray Rice whereas nobody is defending AD and Hardy yet one of them is no longer in the league.

Meanwhile, Ravens confirmed smartest team. John Urschel just started his PhD in Math at MIT.

Marvin Lewis is a terrible coach. Burfict is a scumbag but his bullshit is at least reserved for between the lines. Just because Jackson coached under Marv doesn't mean he subscribes to the latter's lack of authority. My opinion stems from the fact the Gordon wants to make money and Jackson wants his offense to be as dangerous as possible. I do believe Hue can work some magic on Gordon but that remains to be seen.

Also, there's no conceivable way Goodell didn't know about the tapes. He only extended the suspension after the video was made public because it made the NFL look bad. Goodell only takes action when he's worried about the league's image, otherwise change is not necessary because the higher ups are still making bank.