2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

Dolphins beating the Bills clears up the AFC playoff picture a bit. They clinch the wildcard with a Broncos loss to the Chiefs (which also clinches a spot for the Chiefs). Broncos losing in Week 17 also eliminates them/clinches the Dolphins and the Chiefs winning in Week 17 also clinches for them. That would mean that whoever of the Ravens/Steelers that doesn't win the division is out of the playoffs entirely.

Texans also clinch with a win over the Bengals tonight, so all six spots could be determined this week.

Edited by -Cynthia-

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha (lets hope the Steelers are the second team)

Don't get too excited, Raven boy. For all you know, they'll lose because they rested their starters after beating up a certain AFC North rival to win the division. ;)

Also, thanks to the Dolphins, this Steelers/Ravens game just became more of a do or die for both sides. Yikes... But believe me, Lord Raven, I do feel bad that in order for the Steelers to succeed, they have to spoil the Ravens' and their fans' Christmas. I don't really want any fans to have a spoiled Christmas, you know? It's Christmas!

Edited by Anacybele

Whoa, the Titans and Raiders both lost their QBs and they're both playoff teams or possible playoff teams. If they can't play in the postseason, hat's gotta hurt. o.o

Also, Cynthia, if Coughlin doesn't coach your Jaguars, I'd hope their intern head coach becomes permanent. Jags had quite a game today vs the Titans!

Edited by Anacybele

Yo that Seahawks and Bucs game was pretty insane. I'm not a Seattle fan but I felt bad for that loss. After that embarrassing loss to Phili, we made the playoffs with all the teams we needed to win lol, I'm pretty the Giant's odds of surviving needs all those teams to lose their next game.

...But Steelers vs. Ravens, that's going to be a hell of a game tomorrow, nothing personal Raven but I want the Steelers to win lol.

...But Steelers vs. Ravens, that's going to be a hell of a game tomorrow, nothing personal Raven but I want the Steelers to win lol.

YAAAY! High five! :D

Nothing personal against Raven here either though, of course.

I'm spending Christmas at home in Pittsburgh with the family, but I don't know if we'll actually get to watch the game because stupid NFL Network only. I don't know if my aunt has that here. I'd love it, though, if the game ended up being a battle of trading the lead back and forth and then going to OT at the end with one of the teams (hopefully the Steelers for me lol) making some big splash play to win it. That'd be as good a game as SB 43 was (generally agreed to be the best SB ever)!

EDIT: Damn, both Mariota and Carr suffered the same EXACT injury, a broken fibula, and they're both out indefinitely. That definitely sucks for the Raiders since they're in the playoffs. Titans haven't clinched yet. But the same exact injury here on the same day is pretty crazy.

Edited by Anacybele

And in the most Texans way to win (and Bengals way to lose), the kicker the Texans cut previously misses the game winning field goal. Texans clinch, Titans eliminated.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Hahahahaha wow. Should've kept Mike Nugent, Bengals. lol They must've thought since Randy Bullock worked for us as a temporary fill-in for Boswell, he'd work for them too, LOL NOPE. Even though he didn't miss for us, I could tell he wasn't great because he ALMOST missed a short one.

I think we'll keep Bos, thanks. He looks like he could be a Justin Tucker-level kicker the way he kicked vs the Bengals too. I mean, he kicked SIX field goals and most of them, if not all, were over 40 yards. The NFL made him get drug tested right after that too, they seemed to think he was too good. lol idiots. NOPE. Bos is just really good, that's all!

Edited by Anacybele

Wow, The Browns finally won one. I was certain we'd become the 2nd team to go 0-16. And, to add to the Christmas miracle, the 49ers won, too. So the Browns still are the sole holders of the worst record and with it the #1 pick in the draft (though we're pretty much guaranteed to draft a bust with it, like we almost always do).

At least Tennessee has a chance in Wild Card, but Mariota won't see any postseason even if they win.

Nope, Titans are eliminated from the wild card (can't catch the Dolphins or Chiefs in record) and therefore the playoffs.

Cautious optimism still. Steelers can unleash a huge play at any moment, we just have to temper it.

Our offense can't score TDs so we won't be able to keep up with the very worst case if that happens. Thank god we have two amazing ILBs.

EDIT: Fuck 2016, people i know died, celebs died, ravens missed the playoffs due to our defense not holding it together and a jimmy smith injury, and america gave its reigns to a fucking racist fascist fuckhole

Edited by Lord Raven

(my phone died and I was elsewhere from my laptop, so sorry I'm late)

WE WON WE WON WE WON WE WON FUCK YES I LOVE YOU AB!! YOU'RE THE BEST! MERRY CHRISTMAS STEELER NATION! :D

Man, we did this without Green, Tuitt, Heyward, and Coates (they were injured) as well as De-Lo and Hey-Bey (they were dressed, but neither took the field), That's depth, man! And I still can't believe AB beat both Weddle and Mosley for that TD man, OMG. This is why I got this man's jersey, people. Oh, but Bell also running the way he did, THAT was entirely unexpected. I LOVE THIS MAN TOO. STEELERS YOU MUST RE-SIGN HIM!

I say Tomlin should rest our starters for the Browns game. I don't want them taking any chances that somebody important gets hurt right now, especially Bell for obvious reasons...

But Ben, stop stop STOP. Those ints almost killed us. Just STOP IT. Ugh. Figure yourself out before the playoffs or this could sink us for real.

Cautious optimism still. Steelers can unleash a huge play at any moment, we just have to temper it.

Our offense can't score TDs so we won't be able to keep up with the very worst case if that happens. Thank god we have two amazing ILBs.

EDIT: Fuck 2016, people i know died, celebs died, ravens missed the playoffs due to our defense not holding it together and a jimmy smith injury, and america gave its reigns to a fucking racist fascist fuckhole

Hey Lord Raven, I'm sorry to hear that. I lost my brother and dog in the span of roughly half a year during 2015 and 2016. I've had pain like that too, I know how it feels. And I'd be lying if I said I'm not happy to see 2016 turn around for me after that with the Penguins winning the Stanley Cup and now the Steelers getting their division and playoffs (I was also for Trump, but you know that, I believe). But because I know what the pain is like, you can always talk to me about it if you want. We're for rival teams, and my team did just beat yours, but it doesn't mean we can't be friendly (not saying friends, just friendly) outside of the NFL stuff. We don't even have to talk about football. We can avoid it completely, I don't care. I know we bite at each other sometimes because of all this NFL business, and I might say stupid stuff at times or whatever, but I don't wish to be enemies...

But uh, can we keep politics out of here, please?

Edited by Anacybele

Well, AFC playoffs are starting to look very underwhelming. The ideal situation for the Patriots involves Oakland ending up with the 5 seed and KC getting the 2 seed. Would love for the Steelers and Chiefs to beat up on each other before the winner comes to Foxboro and gets hurt

I'm extremely intrigued by the NFC. I can only assume Eli is going to catch fire and work miracles to get the Giants to SB51

I'd rather the Steelers play the Dolphins and the Raiders go knock the Chiefs around. I don't like the Chiefs much. I don't blatantly hate them like I used to, but I'm still no fan. I also don't like the Raiders, even though I feel bad that they have to go through the playoffs without Derek Carr since it's their first postseason since 2002, I believe.

On another note, I'm not sure which I found funnier in the Steelers win over the Ravens: Eli Rogers plowing into the kicking net after getting pushed out of bounds or Ben's hurry-up gesture. lol Ben looked like he was shaking stuff off his hands. XD

AB's game-winning TD has been dubbed "The Reach" btw. lol I'm also tempted to take a photo of that play and put a troll face over his head because it just looked like he could've easily trolled Weddle and Mosley by reaching over the goal line. LOL

Edited by Anacybele

Well, AFC playoffs are starting to look very underwhelming. The ideal situation for the Patriots involves Oakland ending up with the 5 seed and KC getting the 2 seed. Would love for the Steelers and Chiefs to beat up on each other before the winner comes to Foxboro and gets hurt

I'm extremely intrigued by the NFC. I can only assume Eli is going to catch fire and work miracles to get the Giants to SB51

Yeah, the AFC just isn't that strong this year- 3 teams with backup QBs (technically Savage is the starter for the Texans now I guess, but he's backup quality). Patriots have to be heavy favorites.

NFC is different with a lot of strong teams- I wouldn't be surprised to see the Cowboys, Falcons, Seahawks, Packers, or Giants emerge from that pack.

Hey, the Raiders were strong this year, nobody predicted Carr would go out with a busted leg at the tail end of the regular season...

Also, the Steelers can challenge the Pats, I'm pretty damn sure. I'm not saying they'll win, but I think they can put up a close and difficult game for the Foxborough boys.

Challenge? Sure, of course they could. But I can't see our offense putting up any less than 30 points. It's kinda funny how, even without Gronk, the offense is actually in better shape than it was for last year's playoffs

Also maybe you should photoshop a troll face on Vontaze Burfict when he busted Bell's/AB's/whoever's leg last year. That would be super funny :) :) :)

Challenge? Sure, of course they could. But I can't see our offense putting up any less than 30 points. It's kinda funny how, even without Gronk, the offense is actually in better shape than it was for last year's playoffs

I can't see our offense putting up any less than that either given that we just did this against one of the top ranked defenses in the league. Sure, 21 of those points came in the fourth quarter, but we still put up that many against them in ONE quarter. That in itself speaks danger to opposing defenses.

Edited by Anacybele

That defense was also missing their best CB. If Jimmy Smith plays in that game the Ravens win, no doubt. He shuts down Antonio Brown better than anyone in the league

Jason Verrett :^).

totally not homer bias

That defense was also missing their best CB. If Jimmy Smith plays in that game the Ravens win, no doubt. He shuts down Antonio Brown better than anyone in the league

It's pretty obvious to see how different our defense is with and without him. It's kind of crazy how few people know this.

We need a new corner.

Edited by Lord Raven

So? We were missing a lot more than just one good player. Our defensive line was pretty banged up without Stephon Tuitt and Cam Heyward and they still managed to sack Flacco a couple times and almost get him two more. We were also out Sammie Coates, aka current deep threat, and Ladarius Green, all of whom were key guys in past games. And we were virtually without DeAngelo Williams and Darrius Heyward-Bey too, because while they were dressed, they pretty much didn't see any field time.

So we were down our two best defensive linemen, our backup-but-practically-starter-material RB, starting TE, and a couple receivers whom we have lots of depth in. I'd say the playing field was fairly even.

And the team still beat a Ravens team that was way more healthy. Imagine how many more sacks could've happened if Tuitt and Heyward were there or how more spread out and burned the Ravens' secondary could've been with Green, Coates, De-Lo (he and Bell sometimes go to the field at the same time) and Hey-Bey in the mix.

Also, would Jimmy Smith have stopped Le'Veon Bell? I doubt it. The Ravens held Bell to just 30-something yards in week 9, but on Christmas he smoked them for over 100 and a couple TDs. This shows how much better our o-line has gotten as well. They're pretty much on par with the Cowboys' o-line.

Edited by Anacybele