2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is the LA Stadium?

I'm also going for Lions/Chiefs to take it all the way.

huge. seats suck. but still pretty amazing. the memorial torch is really cool looking, and the building looks beautiful from the outside. really does feel like a modern day "colosseum." looking forward to next season!

this might have been because we went to the merch shop after the game rather than before, but the selection was shit. unless you wanted a tshirt i guess haha.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

Chiefs/Falcons would be an interesting Super Bowl and not involve the 'same old' franchises. I guess the Lions and Texans haven't ever made the SB either, but they seem very unlikely contenders atm.

Vance Joseph is an interesting DC for a Head Coaching candidate. The Dolphins defense overperformed for the amount of talent they actually have, which makes him an incredible coaching prospect. I'm not too high on anyone yet, because in Chargers fashion they'll find their way to disappoint. But, I trust Tom Telesco will select the best fit.

Edited by Jiegg

Chiefs/Falcons would be an interesting Super Bowl and not involve the 'same old' franchises. I guess the Lions and Texans haven't ever made the SB either, but they seem very unlikely contenders atm.

Yeah, you do have a point there. It's yet another reason why I don't want anymore Pats or Cowboys and whatnot. I admit Steelers/Packers is a bit samey too, but...the idea of revenge is just so sweet. xP

Also, HOORAY FOR FINALLY HAVING THE THREE B'S PLUS POUNCEY AND DE-LO TOGETHER. :D (next year Bryant needs to make it 4 B's! Well, if the Steelers don't drop him in favor of Rogers or Coates) I was glad to see nobody significant get hurt vs the Browns, as the game still had guys like De-Lo, Burns, Davis, and Dupree play. I really like how our rookie CBs Burns and Davis have turned out so far too. They upgraded our secondary by a good margin, though there's still growing room.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, dude, a better pun was the E-LI pun for Eli Manning. xP

So, playoff predictions. I feel like making them.

Dolphins vs Steelers: The Steelers have no excuse to go losing this game, especially at home. The stats say they trump the Dolphins in literally everything since week 11 and they can't excuse themselves with a banged up Ben. This is the healthiest the Steelers have been for the playoffs in awhile (still wish we had Cam Heyward though). Not to mention that speaking of hurt QBs, the Dolphins are the ones with that situation this time. It's pathetic if this Steelers squad that's won 7 straight can't beat this team.

Raiders vs Texans: This is kind of a tough choice. Neither of these teams look very strong right now since Derek Carr sadly got hurt. But Connor Cook seemed to look better in his single drive than Brock Osweiler's looked all year, so...

Lions vs Seahawks: Yeeeah, it's hard for anyone but the Seahawks to win in Seattle, and the Lions don't look terribly good.

Giants vs Packers: Aaron Rodgers and his team are finally the way they used to be again. The Giants...they only seem to be good at Cowboy-trolling and some defensive stuff. It's also harder to beat the Packers in Lambeau.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, dude, a better pun was the E-LI pun for Eli Manning. xP

So, playoff predictions. I feel like making them.

Dolphins vs Steelers: The Steelers have no excuse to go losing this game, especially at home. The stats say they trump the Dolphins in literally everything since week 11 and they can't excuse themselves with a banged up Ben. This is the healthiest the Steelers have been for the playoffs in awhile (still wish we had Cam Heyward though). Not to mention that speaking of hurt QBs, the Dolphins are the ones with that situation this time. It's pathetic if this Steelers squad that's won 7 straight can't beat this team.

Raiders vs Texans: This is kind of a tough choice. Neither of these teams look very strong right now since Derek Carr sadly got hurt. But Connor Cook seemed to look better in his single drive than Brock Osweiler's looked all year, so...

Lions vs Seahawks: Yeeeah, it's hard for anyone but the Seahawks to win in Seattle, and the Lions don't look terribly good.

Giants vs Packers: Aaron Rodgers and his team are finally the way they used to be again. The Giants...they only seem to be good at Cowboy-trolling and some defensive stuff. It's also harder to beat the Packers in Lambeau.

I've actually heard "3LI"

And I wanted to make this bad pun since "R-E-L-A-XLIX" fell through Brandon Bosticks hands :(

And the Giants have beaten us at Lambeau in the playoffs twice, most notably the 07-08 NFC Title game, and When they destroyed our defense during the 11-12 season

Edited by Bullwine85

That was almost ten years ago though. Things have surely changed since then and I don't think Eli has looked as good as he used to. At least, when his team played the Steelers, he was making multiple bad throws and it resulted in interceptions. They were mainly underthrown balls and even commentators agreed that his arm at least has gotten weaker.

Edited by Anacybele

I legitimately want to see Brady vs. Eli III because it would be funny. At the same time though, Chiefs vs Lions would be a great match-up to watch. I low-key want to see the Dolphins have success, but I don't see it happening.

As much as I would love for the Giants to make it to the SB this year, I'm putting my money on Green Bay from the NFC. As for the AFC, well, it's really cute that all of the other AFC teams are bothering to show up, but the Pats have a double bye this year and there aren't any AFC defenses that can slow down Tom Brady

there aren't any AFC defenses that can slow down Tom Brady

I agree with this...to an extent. The Steelers have the best shot at beating the Patriots, but yeah, it wouldn't be through defense since ours still has more growing room despite playing much better lately. Our offense would have to get the job done and they can definitely score. It's just a matter of which defense would get shredded more in the end. I don't think any of the AFC defenses can slow down the Steeler Triplets right now either.

Edited by Anacybele

there aren't any AFC defenses that can slow down Tom Brady

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Kansas_City_Chiefs_season

Their offense is inconsistent, but their squad has definitely run the gauntlet of powerful offenses. The pre-Carr Raiders, Falcons, Chargers, and Saints are nothing to scoff at.

They couldn't stop the Bucs, Titans, or Texans, all of whom have mediocre or average offenses. They were obliterated by the Steelers who will visit them in Kansas City if they win.

And they've yet to go up against the Brady Bunch this season. The Chiefs did shut down the Raiders and also defeat the Saints, but there's hardly any guarantee that they'll even reach the AFC title game, let alone stop the Pats' attack.

Edited by Anacybele

They beat the Falcons who are one of the Top 10 offenses of all time - and that was because of their defense. It's pretty ridiculous how good that defense is and the quality of offenses they've been against. They didn't do much against the Texans and Buccs but their D was on point but they're the 2 seed for a reason.

The Pats also lost to a sorry ass Seahawks offense...

Then that just shows how powerful the Steelers offense really is if they could put up 40+ points on that "ridiculously good defense." :awesome: Which means the Pats are certainly capable of that as well. I honestly think that the Steelers offense and Pats offense are the only two that can hang together in the AFC.

Yeah but the Steelers put up 24 against a sorry ass Bengals D. Ana putting up 43 against the chiefs in one game (they didn't match that point total that season ever again). They also didn't come close to the scoring efficiency of the 2016 Falcons - the 2016 Falcons offense is actually ridiculous by a ton of measurable standards and the Steelers this year are good but not special. Holding the Falcons to 28 is much closer to the the norm (holding great offenses to 20) than the outlier with the Steelers (scoring 43).

The Steelers also put up 3 points against a middling eagles defense... single game samples are irrelevant to a season-wide sample.