Greetings and Salutataions!

The DanMan

Salvete, amicos!

I'm a lurker of two years who finally decided to make an account and join. I'm a high school student, nerd, and pastor's son.

My history with this series goes back to about 2006. My family was strict on videogames, and besides a N64 my dad had gotten for dirt cheap right when the Gamecube came out, we didn't have any game consoles. Then, my elder brother bought a GBASP off of a friend, and started rooting around for good games for it. Three guesses as to what turned up. He got Sacred Stones not long after,... and proceeded to play the heck out of it, with me attentively looking over his shoulder. There was one thing he did (or more like didn't do) that always bothered me... he didn't reset when units died, and didn't give a damn about their lives in the first place. Later on he got Shadow Dragon when it first came out, and the above ensued all over again. Except this time, he'd deliberately sacrifice Abel (after I said I liked him) in the prologue. But enough about my brother.

It was spring 2012, and my family was moving. I wanted a good game for the trip, and lo and behold, I re-discovered this series. I went for Shadow Dragon and played the life out of it over the trip and the summer; I'd basically got the thing worked out to a science. Not long after I completed it, I got Sacred Stones... and proceeded to be less than impressed with it. I won't rant on about it, as there are others who have already done so, and I share similiar views.

Then, I discovered that there was a Fire Emblem game for 3DS... that was already released in Japan and coming to the US in early 2013: Fire Emblem Kakusei (I still remember that Japanese title). I bought into the hype train (and upgraded to a 3DS)... and proceeded to get dissapointed. Once again, my less-than positive opinions on it have already been stated by many (though note that I don't HATE it, or believe that it single-handedly ruined the series; just that it made more bad choices than good ones). Robin was my #1 wanted newcomer in SSB4 (and you should've seen me when he was revealed).

So, to this day, I've only played three Fire Emblem games, and I've enjoyed Shadow Dragon the most. I'm not in the postion to play the other games in the series, because my wii bricked itself + no good way to emulate + ridiculously high prices for all the games I haven't played (which was a factor in why I played those three games). Once I do get a decent PC, though, I'll definitely burn through this backlog.

Apologies for the massive wall of text. I've got high-functioning autism/aspergers/whatever-the-crap-you-want-to-call-it, so expect more walls of text that over-analyze things. I've exhausted what I wanted to say right now. I look forward to being a part of this community.

Hey, welcome to Serenes! Always nice to see a member try out a few of the games before joining. We do share the same thoughts on Awakening I suppose, not that I hate the game either. Just has too many flaws to be a favourite FE of mine.

Shadow Dragon is a great game, though I'm still in the middle of a run myself. You'd get along with eclipse, one of our moderators on here, as Shadow Dragon is her favourite as well.

If you ever get the chance, do try out some of the other titles in the series. I really would recommend FE7, even if you didn't like Sacred Stones (that was my case).

Edited by DragonLord

Out of all the FE titles I've played, I can't say I particularly enjoyed Shadow Dragon. I found it boring, unengaging, and kinda bland. I much preferred the over-the-top attacks and criticals that were provided by the Gamecube/Wii titles, and especially moreso the GBA titles; the latter being my favourites in the FE series.

I share the opinion about Awakening, though. Not bad, but also didn't impress me.

I'd peg my liking of Shadow Dragon as first game syndrome, mostly.

I actually know quite a bit about the other games in the series; FE7 is at the top of my list, though. I very well may get a Wii U for Xenoblade X, so I'd nab it alongside that.

You rang? :P:

My first game was FE7, but it's not my favorite. Hope you find some others to play~!

Anyway, welcome~! Don't forget to read the rules and all~!

(end generic greeting)