How long a wait for EU fans?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always felt sorry for the Europeans, especially those in the UK and Australia; a game is already out stateside, in your language, with the only things that need to be changed are a few spelling differences, but you've got to wait months for it to be translated into other languages before you can get it.

Edited by Leon of Nohr

I've always felt sorry for the Europeans, especially those in the UK and Australia; a game is already out stateside, in your language, with the only things that need to be changed are a few spelling differences, but you've got to wait months for it to be translated into other languages before you can get it.

*sigh finally a nice person...

Yes because every person who says that there are perfectly understandable reasons for why Europe typically gets games later and that there is not much anyone can do about so the only thing you can do is be patient or pay money for a Japanese or north american 3ds or is not a nice person. I am sympathetic to the wait the Europeans have to go through, but it does happen for a reason, and no amount of complaining or telling nintendo to throw money at it will change that it happens, unless they hold back the north american release to match the European release but since we already have it after japan anyway i don't see that happening.

Edited by goodperson707

not gonna pretend it dosn't suck waiting those extra months because it does heck codename steam just came out here but it's just something you have to deal with like taxes and that annoying passive aggressive store clerk

Yes because every person who says that there are perfectly understandable reasons for why Europe typically gets games later and that there is not much anyone can do about so the only thing you can do is be patient or pay money for a Japanese or north american 3ds or is not a nice person. I am sympathetic to the wait the Europeans have to go through, but it does happen for a reason, and no amount of complaining or telling nintendo to throw money at it will change that it happens, unless they hold back the north american release to match the European release but since we already have it after japan anyway i don't see that happening.

yep, you are absolutely right about that. I already felt kinda stupid for leaving a comment like that. Because now it looks like i'm saying everybody should feel sorry for us europeans, or else he/she isn't a nice person. So I apologize :)

I just thought it was nice someone finally said; i feel sorry for you, instead of; you are being impatient!

Edited by Meiyu

Ok sorry if i sounded i little harsh, but the thing is while i my sympathies lie with europeans having to wait longer, making the best of a bad situation by being patient is to me the best thing to do. My sympathies also lie with the fans who have to wait to get the game too due to lack of money or younger fans who wait for birthdays/christmas holidays regardless of what region they live in.

Edited by goodperson707

Anyone feeling sorry for people who have to import the games and the 3DS just to be able to play them, because none of these is available in their region? :p

Edited by Ryo

Yes of course i do but if i say i have sympathy for everybody i really don't have true sympathy for anybody do I? but i do apologize for forgetting about those who need to import a 3ds or game, i tend to assume that anyone who wants this game already has a 3ds and i can never remember how the e shop works for regions.

^ I wasn't being serious lol. But yeah, having to import sucks, which is why I gave up on physical releases ages ago. Can't handle all the shipping fees and taxes. If you go digital, you need to have either a credit card or eshop fund card.

Oh i knew you weren't serious, i just like taking a non serious statement seriously for lols

So the e shop goes by what region your 3ds is right? I can never keep that info straight.

Edited by goodperson707

Yeah, you can only get access to the Japanese eshop if you own a Japanese 3DS, this applies to other regions as well. Even if you bring that 3DS to another region, that still won't change. Within a specific region, you can change the place/country you're in to adjust the currency used IIRC.

Edited by Ryo

It is a shame that Nintendo has region-locked the 3DS. A good solution for our EU friends would have been to import the US version.

i heard that the NX is gonna stop reigon locking which is definitely a step in the right direction

I'm not understanding why don't they put more efforts on the translation for a 2015 release.

Even if Ninty is going to reveal a Pokemon for a October 2015 release on this e3, we have nothing more than dust for the entire last part of the 2015 in term of releases...

I am a bit curious tho. When the european release it months after the NA release, it makes sense cuz' they need more time to translate everything. But when the EU release comes first? Like SD? Do they suddenly stop translating there?

That's why I'm saying the the release dates are purely (or mainly) dependent on nintendo's choice.