Fire Emblem If gameplay question

mojahi13

So Fire Emblem If is coming out. They've released all these trailers and leaked all this info, but my one question remains:

Will the American version's gameplay be as good as the Japanese version's?

I ponder this due to the fact that once the game comes out in 20 days (for Japan, at least) there will most likely be lots of spoilers on the internet. Everyone will post Let's Plays with translations (because some people who know English and Japanese have a Japanese 3ds), so in theory it will be hard to avoid those kinds of things.

Now, given the fact I have no prior experience (Awakening is my only game, and I got it last year) on what happens when Fire Emblem games are released and you guys most likely do, how do you think the gameplay will turn out if there's already spoilers everywhere?

In my opinion, it might be moderate, but let me know what you guys think.

Well, I suspect it will be similar to Awakening, in a sense. Every iteration of the series bares similarities to it's console counterparts, in every installment I've played anyhow. That said, with the installment on Dragon's Vein/Pulse, differing characters (and hopefully maps) between paths, I think we can expect the same amount of replayability that Awakening had, if not more so.

Difficulty wise, it's hard to say, especially given the way Intelligent Systems is dealing with the schism of new and veteran players. Obviously Nohr will be harder and Hoshido easier, but judging to what extent is the difficult part, especially with the new forging and stat bonuses system.

Personally, I think it's going to be great, but that's a feeling.

Well the gameplay will be the exact same if that's what you're asking. But if you mean will it still be as fun after everything's been spoiled for you, then I mean, that'll be up to whether you fall into temptation for spoilers or if spoilers actually matter to you. It's usually a lot more fun finding features for yourself but I honestly can't just not see every small amount of news once its revealed lmao plus I like planning ahead for my own playthroughs. But yeah I don't see why the American version wouldn't be just as good as the Japanese version.

this is a more legit question then you think, for some reason overseas got an easy mode in FE9 and replaced its maniac mode with it, then when 10 came along they switched the difficulty's of the modes from "normal, hard, difficult(or whatever's harder then hard)" to "easy, normal, hard"

this is a more legit question then you think, for some reason overseas got an easy mode in FE9 and replaced its maniac mode with it, then when 10 came along they switched the difficulty's of the modes from "normal, hard, difficult(or whatever's harder then hard)" to "easy, normal, hard"

And they only translated the shortened version of the script of Radiant Dawn. And as a late result from this difficulty change, Easy mode files from PoR made the game incompatible with the Data Transfer feature. But hey, at least we got widescreen support, even if it's quite crude.

It seems like these days are over, though.

Edited by BrightBow