Main character weapons

Linfan

If you actually look at both screenshots you'll see that they're the exact same one (with the difference that the one on the right is all blurry, for some reason). :facepalm:

Those two screenshots are the same ones, and feature Joker. It can't be Felicia since she has pink hair and none of the two units highlighted above have pink hair.

The left screen is very definitely of Felicia.

And goodperson707 was talking about this:

3DfCiFK.png

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The left screen is very definitely of Felicia.

And goodperson707 was talking about this:

3DfCiFK.png

Maybe that one depends on Kamui's gender. It's the only obvious difference I see.

Edit: Okay, as for any substance in this post... well this is pre-decision. I think from what I've seen, that Felicia is generally featured in early Hoshido chapters, while Joker is generally visible on Nohr. Can't say for sure wether or not it's accurate though.

Edited by Cysx

Have we even see joker with a male Kaimui in combat? Egobarrier's screenshot is way too blurry to tell, but to me it looks like Felicia not joker. Also in the trailer we see only Felicia, Gunter and M Kaimui, so it looks to be directly after that chapter or maybe before but due to the fact that the one in the trailer has dragons vein i assume after. So yeah it seems wierd.

Have we even see joker with a male Kaimui in combat? Egobarrier's screenshot is way too blurry to tell, but to me it looks like Felicia not joker. Also in the trailer we see only Felicia, Gunter and M Kaimui, so it looks to be directly after that chapter or maybe before but due to the fact that the one in the trailer has dragons vein i assume after. So yeah it seems wierd.

For reference, the original scans:

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/gallery/famitsu-14th-may/fami1405-6.jpg

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/gallery/dengeki-21st-may/dengeki2105-3.jpg

There's no question Felicia is in Famitsu. Personally I see Joker in Dengeki, but I concede that it is blurry at that level.

^ yes i don't question felciala at all, but i don't see joker also joker throws a tack into my gender theory, but then again that might be only for earlier chapters.

I was about to say you were onto something(and facedesk for not thinking of it sooner), but the January trailer shows Felicia along with a female Kamui, and towards the end of the mycastle video, we see Joker along with a male Kamui. I couldn't find any battle displaying both male Kamui and Joker, though.

About those shots, the Dengeki one's colors are a bit washed out, you can see that Tsubaki's hair is brown. The part with the character that interests us especially took a hit, since the staff's gem looks black, even though for both Felicia and Joker it's supposed to be red. Otherwise, you can distinguish a dress, and I think Joker's sprite is taller than that, too.

Most importantly, considering that issue re-used many old images, and how everything in these two shots is the same, I'm pretty confident that's Felicia in both of them.

Edited by Cysx

^ could you take a screenshot? my internet is slow regarding videos. Is it map sprites, battle models? Ect. I don't think early cutscenes would count. Also it could just be split up early game i guess. Any idea which map it is?

^ could you take a screenshot? my internet is slow regarding videos. Is it map sprites, battle models? Ect. I don't think early cutscenes would count. Also it could just be split up early game i guess. Any idea which map it is?

There you go:

gMTudOe.jpg

I don't think I need to describe the chapter, we all know it pretty well by now. And yes, considering it's the earliest trailer we have, it may not be 100% accurate.

Edited by Cysx

Doh, that chapter, can't believe i forgot that, still unless i look closer the two kaimui's map and battle sprites all blend together to me. Any way it still seems like in the earlier chapters you get the opposite gender maid/butler probably so you don't have two of them early on. Also as said it is earlier footage.

It's likely, sense this is how If works, if one side has it, then the other will too.
All of the Royal Children can use Dragon's Vein or whatever it's called. Marx and Ryouma have special weapons, so does Takumi and Kamui.

I'm willing to bet that all the Royal Siblings each have their own little special weapon to go along with them all having Dragon's Vein and being of significant plot.
I mean Owain had his own sword after all

It'd just be cool if the staff wielders had special staves.

It's likely, sense this is how If works, if one side has it, then the other will too.

All of the Royal Children can use Dragon's Vein or whatever it's called. Marx and Ryouma have special weapons, so does Takumi and Kamui.

I'm willing to bet that all the Royal Siblings each have their own little special weapon to go along with them all having Dragon's Vein and being of significant plot.

I mean Owain had his own sword after all

It'd just be cool if the staff wielders had special staves.

But will we be able to steal those special weapons once siding against them? And hand them off to randos in our army?

^ most special weapons that they are seemingly referring to are character locked so, probably no.

I still am iffy on how many of those weapons are special, we saw a katana on Ryouma that had a thunder based name, but it was pretty generic sounding, looking back only marx's (and kaimui's) sword looks non generic to me tbh takumi's and ryouma's despite looking impressive, just look like impressive magic weapons, not much more than that. They could be special too of course for weapons it is a fine line.

^ most special weapons that they are seemingly referring to are character locked so, probably no.

I still am iffy on how many of those weapons are special, we saw a katana on Ryouma that had a thunder based name, but it was pretty generic sounding, looking back only marx's (and kaimui's) sword looks non generic to me tbh takumi's and ryouma's despite looking impressive, just look like impressive magic weapons, not much more than that. They could be special too of course for weapons it is a fine line.

I just assumed they come pre-forged and named for their owners.