Pricing Model for Fates

shane3x

Here are a few price scenarios I see. Buying 1 version at retail. You go pay your $60 for whatever version, when you choose to download the other 2 campaigns:

• You get a discount of sorts. Either as a bundle or individually.
  • There is no discount and its $60 per campaign ($180 total).

I doubt anyone is going to buy both versions physically, we don't even know if the save data and game information will be shared between the game or if thats even possible or if its solely download all 3 or buy 1 physically but rest must be downloaded if you want save/game info to be shared amongst those campaigns.

Unlike Pokemon, the versions don't matter. The content between versions is so minimally different and it provides ways of freely accessing the other content you dont get in this version. However these are completely different games set within the same story and its mechanics and features are interconnected heavily so I cant help but feel that if there isnt some kind of discount for getting all 3 that it's a little bit much.

77aa03e60a3da047fb3b7f0efe138b55.png

from Kirokan's translation

I highly doubt it would be full price for each version. That's ridiculous. I think they said you could download the path you didn't choose for 50% retail price or something like that, but I'm not exactly sure.

I think it was confirmed some time ago that you get locked out of one path, and then can pay for the other path for 20 buckaroos. The game costs 40 dollars base (One path) so I'd say it's a good pricing model

Yup, so if the pricing remains relatively similar I think it adds up to $60 for both sides, and $80 for all 3 paths?

No 3DS game is $60, that's consoles and there's no way they would sell a single path for $60.

Unlike Pokemon, the versions don't matter. The content between versions is so minimally different and it provides ways of freely accessing the other content you dont get in this version. However these are completely different games set within the same story and its mechanics and features are interconnected heavily so I cant help but feel that if there isnt some kind of discount for getting all 3 that it's a little bit much.

Also am I misinterpreting what you're saying here, saying that the FE versions don't matter? Or did you mean the versions in Pokemon don't matter? I just wanted to clarify since your wording was kinda confusing.

...I haven't bought a 3DS game in a while, but aren't 3DS games generally $40?

In the US, yeah. In my region of Canada, they're about $50... plus about $7 in tax on top of that... It's quite unfortunate.

Edited by Nakaion

In the US, yeah. In my region of Canada, they're about $50... plus about $7 in tax on top of that... It's quite unfortunate.

At least you don't live in Australia.

I don't either.

Edited by DUFF MCWHALEN

At least you don't live in Australia.

I don't either.

$60 for a new 3ds game, after a few months it goes down to around $49.

If the additional routes are half priced it'll end up being $120, but knowing the Good Ol' Aussie gaming economy, it won't be half priced.

In Japan, yes.

It's very likely it'll be like that elsewhere, but I will say it is unwise to assume.

I know that. We have no idea how pricing is going to go over here.

I'd assume 40 USD per route at most, though.

Well in America at least it is going to be 40$ for the base game, in whichever path you choose.

In Japan the extra paths are going for 2000 yen, which ends up being a little over 16$ when converted to USD. My guess is that each dlc path will go for an additional 20$, but it is also possible that they could lower it to 15$. I don't see the price going any higher than 20$ though.

$60 for a new 3ds game, after a few months it goes down to around $49.

If the additional routes are half priced it'll end up being $120, but knowing the Good Ol' Aussie gaming economy, it won't be half priced.

Good someone who understands my biggest problem In Aus we are ripped off for everything

$60 is the price here in Aus. Its good that there seems to be some discount for getting the other path, I assume the DLC 3rd path will be roughly half price of the retail release price?

Also am I misinterpreting what you're saying here, saying that the FE versions don't matter? Or did you mean the versions in Pokemon don't matter? I just wanted to clarify since your wording was kinda confusing.

Versions of pokemon don't matter.

I think the best way would be to release Fire Emblem Fates as three versions. The Nohr and Hoshido path, for those people, and just as many of a combined version for people who want to experience both. The third one would have to be $60 rather than the $40, but if you got both paths out of it I don't think people would mind as much.

OR a special edition with all three paths included (Depending on if they translate it quick enough or give you a download code) for like... $70~80. Again, I don't know how many people would go for it, but I know it'd be more than we think. I know I would buy one right away if they announced it.

Sucks pricing is so much worse in Australia and Canada. Especially Australia. Hope you guys get in better standing there at some point.