Lesser Known Characters

Some Fire Emblem characters are naturally more well known than others. Just in what's been shown with the first couple of main characters, we've seen some more famous faces such as Chrom, Caeda, and Cain. However I coudln't help but notice in this image posted by AbsoluteZer0Nova in the "What are the odds of Fire Emblem 4-10 characters being in this?" thread: http://imgur.com/8Tl74xs

That icon down there looks like Virion. Not to diss on the guy, but Virion usually isn't one of the first Awakening characters people think of. Some may roll their eyes at how there's yet another Akaneia character in the game, but I see it as a sign that it won't just be the famous faces hogging the spotlight in this game.

So just out of curiosity, which lesser known characters would you folks like to see in this game. Personally, I'd like to see someone like Nephenee from FE9-10 or Gonzales from FE6. It'd be interesting to see how some of those folks would look in this game's style.

Some Fire Emblem characters are naturally more well known than others. Just in what's been shown with the first couple of main characters, we've seen some more famous faces such as Chrom, Caeda, and Cain. However I coudln't help but notice in this image posted by AbsoluteZer0Nova in the "What are the odds of Fire Emblem 4-10 characters being in this?" thread: http://imgur.com/8Tl74xs

That icon down there looks like Virion. Not to diss on the guy, but Virion usually isn't one of the first Awakening characters people think of. Some may roll their eyes at how there's yet another Akaneia character in the game, but I see it as a sign that it won't just be the famous faces hogging the spotlight in this game.

So just out of curiosity, which lesser known characters would you folks like to see in this game. Personally, I'd like to see someone like Nephenee from FE9-10 or Gonzales from FE6. It'd be interesting to see how some of those folks would look in this game's style.

Going to have to correct you there on Virion. He's a very popular character in taking the 8th spot for males in Japan and he's the first archer you get in the game and at that he appears in chapter 2, which was the last part of the demo of Awakening.

There was a mirage with gold armour shown in the last trailer, I think it would be pretty badass if it was Valbar from Gaiden.

Um... I hate to say this, but there is also the possibility that the gold armor mirage who is wielding an axe could be Basilio... it just dawned on me because he does meet the criteria of the mirage. I seriously hope I'm wrong because he wasn't really all that appealing in comparison to the rest of Awakening's cast and while he is ranked 22nd (somehow more liked than Vaike in Japan just why?) I would much rather have a different axe user from another game.

I don't really care for Blazing Sword's axe users (sorry Dorcas and Bartre) aside from Hector and Ogma's subordinates are a absolutely not. Sacred Stones is where I started liking them thanks to Garcia and Ross. Also while I haven't played Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn, I've seen Boyd's character along with supports and he seems pretty likable.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping for at least ONE DANCER mirage, after all, the whole game revolves around being associated with show business. Sylvia is definitely the funniest and is a lesser known character in the series. However, I only see Ninian or Olivia standing a chance in making the final cut.

• 3 weeks later...

Well the main character's very Sigurd-esque "Lord" costume gives me hope that they'll use more than just Shadow Dragon and Awakening characters.

Edited by Matthewtheman

I remember Gamexplain had an analysis on what we've seen in E3 trailer, and there's actually a picture of what Eleanora's stand mirage looks like. It doesn't look like anything even close to Virion. Sure they've taken some liberties with all the character, but if you were drunk, and squinted at them you could guess who they're supposed to be. That is not the case with Eleanora's mirage.

Here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjgB042QLEs

Edited by Honey Bunny

^

Hmm...How popular is Noire? I could believe it being her if she was super popular. No clue about Briggid since I haven't played the game she came from. Ultimately though it'll be impossible to tell who the mirage is until it's officially revealed since there are a ton of liberties taken in that design.

Edited my first post to clear things up.

Edited by Honey Bunny

Personally, I think it's Virion because it seems to have a "fancy" design (in my opinion). And the only Shadow Dragon/Awakening archer who really has a flair for being fancy would be Virion.

That's really all there is to go on though, and that's not even really an indicator. Look at Mirage-Chrom: he has his hair from Awakening, his uneven shoulder pads, and the general blueness of his design. The overall design would imply "dark".

Meanwhile this new character has blonde hair that looks nothing like Virion's, has an overall green color scheme, and an overall design that is "fancy". Again though overall fanciness doesn't really mean much.

That's really all there is to go on though, and that's not even really an indicator. Look at Mirage-Chrom: he has his hair from Awakening, his uneven shoulder pads, and the general blueness of his design. The overall design would imply "dark".

Meanwhile this new character has blonde hair that looks nothing like Virion's, has an overall green color scheme, and an overall design that is "fancy". Again though overall fanciness doesn't really mean much.

Hmm... Jeorge or Gordin, maybe?

Hmm... Jeorge or Gordin, maybe?

Maybe Gordin, but it doesn't look like Jeorge. Jeorge's hair doesn't quite match up, and his color scheme is wrong.

Perhaps a thread should be opened to figuring out who this is. People seem to have at least some interest in this.

Cain looks nothing like that, aside from the armor, so I'm not sold on the hair thing.

Leaning towards Noire here, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Jeorge.

EDIT: If you want to make a "who's that avatar?" topic, it sorta-already exists.

Edited by eclipse

Cain looks nothing like that, aside from the armor, so I'm not sold on the hair thing.

Leaning towards Noire here, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Jeorge.

EDIT: If you want to make a "who's that avatar?" topic, it sorta-already exists.

That's the thing though, Jeorge's color scheme doesn't match up to that armor. Cain looking very little like he does in the game is the exact reason I'd consider Gordin.

Noire is looking like the most likely candidate. Headgear with a feather on it, hair that looks a little like the mirage (admittedly Jeorge's hair is closer), and a green color scheme.

So it does. I'll see if I can post the screenshot in that thread.

• 3 weeks later...

In response to the golden armor, it could just be Kellam. My theory comes from the fact that you never see that persons face.

As to why the armor appears gold it could just be how the light is hitting it. Because if you notice in the trailer you'll notice how the light is just pouring down on them possibly causing a color change.

Then again there is always the possibility of some of the characters having megaten personas.

Sorry I meant mirages.