FE11 coming out this Thursday on Wii U VC in Europe

Jave

You can set up the DS screens on the Wii U in multiple fashions, not just squeezing both screens on the Gamepad. You can play just the touch screen on the Gamepad while the top screen is on the TV, set up the Gamepad vertically (great for games that only use the touch screen), or have both DS screens side by side on the Gamepad (additionally you can enlarge one of the screens). It's a very complete (and impressive) emulation work.

Also, the 3DS technically doesn't "emulate" DS games. It runs them natively, which means that if Nintendo were to release DS games digitally on the 3DS, they would count as DSiWare games and save to the 3DS internal memory rather than the SD card (as evidenced by the Japanese release of Advance Wars: Days of Ruin).

And the system memory is far to small to be reasonably used for that purpose. Thanks, this makes sense then. I am actually kinda surprised to hear that Days of Ruin fit in there at all.

I guess getting Shadow Dragon again might be a good idea. Normally I would see little reason to get an console version of a game that I can play wherever I want already but at the very least I am quite curious about how playing a DS game this way actually feels.

Edited by BrightBow

case in point: i've owned a wii u for >1 year and had no idea the wii u eshop had ds games

They started putting them up (in the US, at least, and along with the N64 games) with Mario Kart DS and Yoshi's Island DS in April this year. The library is still really small, and the only place I've seen it mentioned in advertising is the April 1 Nintendo Direct.

Anyway I'm quite happy to see SD make it digital and will definitely pick it up if/when it comes to the US. A lot of its flaws (except the Gaidens) never really bothered me when I first played it, so I'll probably get a lot more time out of it now.

Awesome, I loved Advance wars 2 and Ocarina of Time is a masterpiece!

But Shadow Dragon.... Eh. I could care less. I'm glad to see it getting more exposure but out of every FE game I've ever played Shadow Dragon was the only game that bored me to death. I'd rather see FE12 or FE4 get a Wii U release, or even FE 6. Not Shadow Dragon, it was just bad imo.

SQUEE--wait, only for Europe?! Well, Europe, I'm jealous of you right now! If this ever comes to the US, I'm buying it! And I hope this means more people will play it, no matter how "boring" it seems!

I feel the exact same way. As one of the only people who feels as ecstatic about the game as you do, I celebrate with you.

Pls come to America soon! I have the cart still, but a day one buy in hopes that maybe just maybe NM can be localized as well.

It's interesting to note that the Wii U VC version gives you access to the online shop, which isn't accessible anymore in the DS cart.

It's interesting to note that the Wii U VC version gives you access to the online shop, which isn't accessible anymore in the DS cart.

hm...are wifi battles possible?