Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so, I want to make a powerful Puppetmaster Kamui. How should I go about doing this?

Do you wanna buy skills from other players? That makes it easier. So you would just need to pick ninja as second class and choose assets flaws. I woild go with str+/spd+ and lck-

Do you wanna buy skills from other players? That makes it easier. So you would just need to pick ninja as second class and choose assets flaws. I woild go with str+/spd+ and lck-

What do you mean? Are you asking if I am willing to use seals to get the skills I want? If so, yes, I am totally fine with that.

Funny, I was actually thinking the same thing as far as Kamui's asset goes, but instead I wanted to make his flaw MAG since he won't actually be using any magic in the first place. I understand that that has negative affects on my other stats, though, but do they really make much of a difference?

Elise or Nyx. Either works really, compared to each other, Nyx gives +1 str (not important), def and spd (actually useful) and passes down the thief class while Elise gives +2 luck instead and passes down rod knight. Either way you're looking at +5 mag. I'd personally vote Nyx for mods since class inheritance is less important in this game thanks to marriage/buddy seals and buying skills from streetpass.

Wow, why are you guys so good at this? I might as well just have you guys do the pairings for me lmao.

What do you mean? Are you asking if I am willing to use seals to get the skills I want? If so, yes, I am totally fine with that.

Funny, I was actually thinking the same thing as far as Kamui's asset goes, but instead I wanted to make his flaw MAG since he won't actually be using any magic in the first place. I understand that that has negative affects on my other stats, though, but do they really make much of a difference?

I don't mean seals. I mean if you will buy skills from other players. Because after you have beaten someone online or streetpass you can buy skills from their chars. For example you have ninja as second class so no way to get aegis. But you find another kamui online with aegis. So you beat him and buy aegis for yours.

Wow, why are you guys so good at this? I might as well just have you guys do the pairings for me lmao.

ah it's not that hard. I train by judging sets of others. And I'm far from being good at creating them. But yeah practice

I don't mean seals. I mean if you will buy skills from other players. Because after you have beaten someone online or streetpass you can buy skills from their chars. For example you have ninja as second class so no way to get aegis. But you find another kamui online with aegis. So you beat him and buy aegis for yours.

Oh, woah, I didn't know you could do that. That's cool! Ok, then, yes, I would probably do that.

so the only real thing you need to decide is assets and flaws.

I see. So... I guess I'll go with STR as my asset and MAG as my flaw. IIRC, LCK as a flaw reduces STR growth a bit and I don't want that.

Unless there is a reason I should keep MAG...

Mag is not the best flaw because it lowers the speed cap by 1, and speed is generally considered one of the most important stats. Granted, since there are so many ways to modify your stats in this game, reaching specific caps may or may not be as important.

The only other choices you really have are -Luck and -Def. All -Luck really does is lower your Str by 1, which you can probably get away with. The disadvantages of -Def are pretty obvious, but it doesn't touch your offensive stats, so it might end up not being a bad choice if everyone ends up being able to kill everyone in 1 or 2 hits anyway, which might end up being the case.

I just find it fun to be honest. Plus I've been using helping you as an excuse to work out my own pairings.

Speaking of, we've had some discussion of Matoi, but it's always been in the context of keeping her red hair. But I don't care about that so I want to have another look and try and work out an actually good build for her. So the immediate issue is Subaki's -1 str modifier, but he doesn't have a mag modifier so I'm thinking we should go for a magic based build for Matoi, so what do people think of Felicia? She gives Matoi a +3 mag modifier and patches up her speed and res, at the cost of an even worse str modifier and a small amount of def. The str doesn't matter since we're going for a magic build, and Subaki has a brilliant def mod so we're still looking at a +3 even with Felicia's hit to it. As an added bonus, she also passes down the rod knight class which is harder to get in Hoshido.

I'm probably going to pair her up with Shinonome since their support is adorable, and he'll give her the lancer class tree, some nice skills in there like breaking sky. Does anyone know Matoi's A+ options?

Mag is not the best flaw because it lowers the speed cap by 1, and speed is generally considered one of the most important stats. Granted, since there are so many ways to modify your stats in this game, reaching specific caps may or may not be as important.

The only other choices you really have are -Luck and -Def. All -Luck really does is lower your Str by 1, which you can probably get away with. The disadvantages of -Def are pretty obvious, but it doesn't touch your offensive stats, so it might end up not being a bad choice if everyone ends up being able to kill everyone in 1 or 2 hits anyway, which might end up being the case.

Hm... well, the Puppetmaster specializes in two different ranged weapons, so I don't think I will need DEF as much as I need STR. I might just go with that.

If I'm looking at this correctly, an Oboro!Kisaragi gets access to the Bowman, Lance Fighter, and Herb Merchant lines. Wanted to check since Kisaragi gets Takumi's secondary class (Lance Fighter). That's mean he'd inherit his mom's secondary class which for Oboro is Herb Merchant, correct?

If I'm looking at this correctly, an Oboro!Kisaragi gets access to the Bowman, Lance Fighter, and Herb Merchant lines. Wanted to check since Kisaragi gets Takumi's secondary class (Lance Fighter). That's mean he'd inherit his mom's secondary class which for Oboro is Herb Merchant, correct?

That should be right, yeah. Oboro x Takumi OTP

How does skill-passing exactly work? I want to do a set with Rinka that involves something from all the classes in the fighter tree, but if I can get the fighter skills when already promoted into berserker or hero, then I can be less concerned about how fast I need to marry her off to Mamui and how much time I need to spend in fighter.

Anyway I was thinking getting her HP+5/Axefaire to cover for her weaker stats, Sol for regen, and Roundhouse+Ogre Strike for lots of crit. I want to end in Oni because it works well with her high defense, but the low skill could really hurt. I may take an extended time in Berserker to try my luck at maximizing HP/Str growths, as well. Any suggestions for improvement? I'm planning for a Fighter Mamui marriage for her. Not sure who the A+ is going to be, but it's likely Oboro since neither Kagerou nor Orochi gives Rinka anything she actually may need.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I just find it fun to be honest. Plus I've been using helping you as an excuse to work out my own pairings.

Speaking of, we've had some discussion of Matoi, but it's always been in the context of keeping her red hair. But I don't care about that so I want to have another look and try and work out an actually good build for her. So the immediate issue is Subaki's -1 str modifier, but he doesn't have a mag modifier so I'm thinking we should go for a magic based build for Matoi, so what do people think of Felicia? She gives Matoi a +3 mag modifier and patches up her speed and res, at the cost of an even worse str modifier and a small amount of def. The str doesn't matter since we're going for a magic build, and Subaki has a brilliant def mod so we're still looking at a +3 even with Felicia's hit to it. As an added bonus, she also passes down the rod knight class which is harder to get in Hoshido.

I'm probably going to pair her up with Shinonome since their support is adorable, and he'll give her the lancer class tree, some nice skills in there like breaking sky. Does anyone know Matoi's A+ options?

Well you are so right. I for example already decided to go Camilla x Lazward thanks to our discussion. Since I'm done with my main team I really wanna build the other characters. And if the third route there are a lot. But you were talking about hoshido right? Cause it always differs which game you play. I always used 3rd route as basic in all of my posts. Now to felicia x subaki. It sounds really good. Thanks for that another three charactees out of my list. It goes on and on....

How does skill-passing exactly work? I want to do a set with Rinka that involves something from all the classes in the fighter tree, but if I can get the fighter skills when already promoted into berserker or hero, then I can be less concerned about how fast I need to marry her off to Mamui and how much time I need to spend in fighter.

Anyway I was thinking getting her HP+5/Axefaire to cover for her weaker stats, Sol for regen, and Roundhouse+Ogre Strike for lots of crit. I want to end in Oni because it works well with her high defense, but the low skill could really hurt. I may take an extended time in Berserker to try my luck at maximizing HP/Str growths, as well. Any suggestions for improvement? I'm planning for a Fighter Mamui marriage for her. Not sure who the A+ is going to be, but it's likely Oboro since neither Kagerou nor Orochi gives Rinka anything she actually may need.

Crit skills probably aren't worth it unless you're going for a full crit stacking build. Rinka has free access to Counter so you might as well take advantage of that. Oboro gives her Breaking Sky which is great but it'll conflict with Sol. Maybe Flamboyant to boost proc rates and improve her hit rate?

You know I line roundhouse together with raven strike. But only with that. Axes are the most inaccourate weapon to begin with. And roundhouse doesn't make it better. So raven strike if possibly woukd be the clue. It depends on which game you are playing. If 3rd you can A+ Rinka and charlotte to get fighter that way and maybe run a bowman MU

Crit skills probably aren't worth it unless you're going for a full crit stacking build. Rinka has free access to Counter so you might as well take advantage of that. Oboro gives her Breaking Sky which is great but it'll conflict with Sol. Maybe Flamboyant to boost proc rates and improve her hit rate?

we had the counter topic yesterday. It's amazing. Especially if you frezze them and force them into attacking you. Then heal up and next turn they attack you and die or not attack xou and you kill them so it's ridiculous.

You know I line roundhouse together with raven strike. But only with that. Axes are the most inaccourate weapon to begin with. And roundhouse doesn't make it better. So raven strike if possibly woukd be the clue. It depends on which game you are playing. If 3rd you can A+ Rinka and charlotte to get fighter that way and maybe run a bowman MU

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, Flamboyant and Raven Strike both sound pretty good, so I'll probably do the former on Hoshido and latter on 3rd. In another thread there was a proposed build for her that uses stuff fromt the Samurai set and Breaking Sky instead, so I'll do Breaking Sky there as I intend to marry her to Ryouma in another run.

Do you know if, say I marry Rinka to Suzukaze, because Rinka already has Ninja, she would then get Suzukaze's secondary class instead? Or would it just not give her any new classes

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, Flamboyant and Raven Strike both sound pretty good, so I'll probably do the former on Hoshido and latter on 3rd. In another thread there was a proposed build for her that uses stuff fromt the Samurai set and Breaking Sky instead, so I'll do Breaking Sky there as I intend to marry her to Ryouma in another run.

Do you know if, say I marry Rinka to Suzukaze, because Rinka already has Ninja, she would then get Suzukaze's secondary class instead? Or would it just not give her any new classes

Lol I literally never thought about a scenario like that

Well you are so right. I for example already decided to go Camilla x Lazward thanks to our discussion. Since I'm done with my main team I really wanna build the other characters. And if the third route there are a lot. But you were talking about hoshido right? Cause it always differs which game you play. I always used 3rd route as basic in all of my posts. Now to felicia x subaki. It sounds really good. Thanks for that another three charactees out of my list. It goes on and on....

I was thinking Hoshido specifically yes. In the third path Nyx is added as a possible parent for Matoi, and is viable. She gives +1 mag and spd (and +2 str but whatever) over Felicia, however she also gives -2 skl and -1 luck and def, so it's a trade off. I think in the third path Nyx would be better, if she isn't needed for another pairing (with Odin, for example). If she is needed elsewhere though, Felicia is still a very good option.

Edited by capmalachi

Lol I literally never thought about a scenario like that

I've been trying to figure shit out because I have several pairs that would give classes I really want to certain characters if the overlaps are discounted; It'd be cool if Rinka can get Samurai from Kaze or, actually the one I want to use it for more is to get Belka Camilla A+ so Camilla can join my army of female berserkers

But only if it was possible. Can someone who own the game test?

Edited by Thor Odinson

I was thinking Hoshido specifically yes. In the third path Nyx is added as a possible parent for Matoi, and is viable. She gives +1 mag and spd (and +2 str but whatever) over Felicia, however she also gives -2 skl and -1 luck and def, so it's a trade off. I think in the third path Nyx would be better, if she isn't needed for another pairing (with Odin, for example). If she is needed elsewhere though, Felicia is still a very good option.

I would always use Nys for Odin. Anyways I build a skillset for Matoi with felicia as the mother. It may not be perfect but a start.

-Flambouyant

-Breakimg Sky

-Astra

-Battle Command

-Strength Seal/Sun God

I would always use Nys for Odin. Anyways I build a skillset for Matoi with felicia as the mother. It may not be perfect but a start.

-Flambouyant

-Breakimg Sky

-Astra

-Battle Command

-Strength Seal/Sun God

Looks good. Need to know her A+ options before I can finalise anything though.