Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

Just to be clear - for all these skillsets we are making in this thread, we are limiting the obtainable skills to the max number of classes that can be obtained from Marriage and Buddy seals, as well as classes and skills passed down from parents to children right? None of the "buy anything you want from streetpass doppelgangers" nonsense?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to be clear - for all these skillsets we are making in this thread, we are limiting the obtainable skills to the max number of classes that can be obtained from Marriage and Buddy seals, as well as classes and skills passed down from parents to children right? None of the "buy anything you want from streetpass doppelgangers" nonsense?

I was, at least. While I'm sure I'll take advantage of that feature where possible, since it relies on other player's decisions it's not something you can plan around as much. I think you can buy from your own logbook as well, but I was ignoring that too.

You guys. We had the debate esrlier if Takumi or Kisaragi is better. Now that the bows an Yumis are up. Holy crap takumis bow is worse than that skadi Yumi. Also all yumis give res +2 and bows don't. So I think we can say now that Kisaragi is better than takumi since his stats are better than takumis and there's an weapon better than takumis bow. And the -10 crit that bow has is solved with ogre strike if needed. I would still use raven strike just to be sure that every attack hits

I was, at least. While I'm sure I'll take advantage of that feature where possible, since it relies on other player's decisions it's not something you can plan around as much. I think you can buy from your own logbook as well, but I was ignoring that too.

I hope money isn't limited in the endgame of the 3rd path. I wanna have best sets on my fav chars and children. But I was using my logbook for my team. And that for one reason: it's cheaper. Also I just play the first 2 paths to get into it. And I just use it to save money later. But since I never used my team as an example yes all builds here are done with marriage buddy seals and inheritance

You guys. We had the debate esrlier if Takumi or Kisaragi is better. Now that the bows an Yumis are up. Holy crap takumis bow is worse than that skadi Yumi. Also all yumis give res +2 and bows don't. So I think we can say now that Kisaragi is better than takumi since his stats are better than takumis and there's an weapon better than takumis bow. And the -10 crit that bow has is solved with ogre strike if needed. I would still use raven strike just to be sure that every attack hits

I don't want to venture too deep into spoiler territory but I have a feeling Skadi is not obtainable by players. That shit is wayyyy too good.

Alright I'm thinking of Soleil. What would she get if it's Lazward x Camilla? Mercenary and Wyvern Rider, right?

and ninja. It's funny you can reduce the enemys hp by 40% with that setup( snake venom and deadly breath)

Alright I'm thinking of Soleil. What would she get if it's Lazward x Camilla? Mercenary and Wyvern Rider, right?

Mercenary is her base class so she gets ninja from Lazward instead, if I understand right. Wyvern rider from Camilla though, yes.

That bow may not be playable, since it's the weapon of the final boss in the Nohr route.

God I hadn't even thought of Kisaragi. So many kids lol. Eh I'll probably leave him to last for working these out, he doesn't interest me at all to be honest.

I don't want to venture too deep into spoiler territory but I have a feeling Skadi is not obtainable by players. That shit is wayyyy too good.

I fear it too. Because it is as you said too good. And then Takumi would be better cause his biw is the second best imo

Mercenary is her base class so she gets ninja from Lazward instead, if I understand right. Wyvern rider from Camilla though, yes.

That bow may not be playable, since it's the weapon of the final boss in the Nohr route.

God I hadn't even thought of Kisaragi. So many kids lol. Eh I'll probably leave him to last for working these out, he doesn't interest me at all to be honest.

A Bowman was filling my teams 5th slot perfectly. So I thought about him but then I have one build for him and one for takumi so no matter who I choose I have a plan

None of the "buy anything you want from streetpass doppelgangers" nonsense?

I was, but not everyone in the optimization threads have been doing so….

Since they lead to such greatly different approaches on the matter, I was almost thinking we should create two new threads, such that their titles explicitly indicate that one's for streetpass/logbook doppelgänger abuse optimization and one's for traditional optimization from natural and inherited skillsets (the sort of stuff you can do even without the internet or if the internet support for the game is one day suspended).

Alright then...

Soleil -

Sol

Snake Venom

Deadly Breath

No clue what else...

I'll have a look and see, but first, do you have plans for her regarding her marriage and/or A+ support? It has a considerable effect on the classes available.

Edited by capmalachi

Alright then...

Soleil -

Sol

Snake Venom

Deadly Breath

No clue what else...

What about that:

Soleil x Siegbert

Parents: Lazward x Camilla

-Deadly Breath

-Snake Venom

-Aegis

-Luna

-Copycat Puppet

-[Girl Lover]

Since she's not part of my main team I'm gonna make her an elite ninja cause I like it. A bit fun has to be there too. It's like pokemon cp but still fun. If you are just cp it's not fun anymore and you lose your interest really fast xD

Edited by Dämonplay

From the looks of Skadi, it's very most likely not going into player hands.

That looks like Takumi's Nohr final boss bow, tbh, with its 1-4 range and all.

Yeah seems so....sigh I never understood that logic. As an enemy you can wield better stuff than as an ally. Why? WHY? Your skills haven't changed.....

I'll have a look and see, but first, do you have plans for her regarding her marriage and/or A+ support? It has a considerable effect on the classes available.

If you want me to be honest, no, which is why I came here to this thread for maybe some tips on it.

If you want me to be honest, no, which is why I came here to this thread for maybe some tips on it.

No worries, let's have a look then.

An A+ with Ophelia would give access to lifetaker from the dark knight class, and vengeance from sorcerer, those could be useful. Either Luna or Aegis could be passed down from Lazward via an A+ with Xander, although not both. Camilla's A+ options are Luna, who doesn't give Soleil any skills she can't get on her own, Elise and Belka. Belka's class trade is theoretically wyvern rider, unless it turns out that buddy seals with a class you share will trade the reclass instead, but since we don't know we'll assume Camilla is going to A+ Elise. From there I'd recommend grabbing battle command and passing that down, although it may well not end up being used.

As for husbands for Soleil, that's rather more complicated. Siegbert does give the cavalier line which has a number of good skills in it so he's a solid choice. Ignis is also an option, he grants access to luna via great knight, and since Lazward can pass down aegis that's the really good skills from cavalier covered, and he gives general as well which is a brilliant class, although maybe not perfect for Soleil. I think I'd recommend Ignis over Siegbert, for the added access to the general class skills, pavise especially.

I'm not sure about exactly which skills to use, and to be honest I'm very tired, so I'll leave it to someone else to come with an exact skillset.

Edited by capmalachi

I planned her to marry Siegbert from the beggining. So the rest resulted out of that

No worries, let's have a look then.

An A+ with Ophelia would give access to lifetaker from the dark knight class, and vengeance from sorcerer, those could be useful. Either Luna or Aegis could be passed down from Lazward via an A+ with Xander, although not both. Camilla's A+ options are Luna, who doesn't give Soleil any skills she can't get on her own, Elise and Belka. Belka's class trade is theoretically wyvern rider, unless it turns out that buddy seals with a class you share will trade the reclass instead, but since we don't know we'll assume Camilla is going to A+ Elise. From there I'd recommend grabbing battle command and passing that down, although it may well not end up being used.

As for husbands for Soleil, that's rather more complicated. Siegbert does give the cavalier line which has a number of good skills in it so he's a solid choice. Ignis is also an option, he grants access to luna via great knight, and since Lazward can pass down aegis that's the really good skills from cavalier covered, and he gives general as well which is a brilliant class, although maybe not perfect for Soleil. I think I'd recommend Ignis over Siegbert, for the added access to the general class skills, pavise especially.

I'm not sure about exactly which skills to use, and to be honest I'm very tired, so I'll leave it to someone else to come with an exact skillset.

the funny thing is we always discuss one side of a coin. Not both. For example I was just choocing her for Siegbert so he can get mercenary and finally brave hero. Later I realized charlottes fighter gives that as well. But I'll stick with it. But marriage doesn't affect only one of them but both and that's the difference to A+

the funny thing is we always discuss one side of a coin. Not both. For example I was just choocing her for Siegbert so he can get mercenary and finally brave hero. Later I realized charlottes fighter gives that as well. But I'll stick with it. But marriage doesn't affect only one of them but both and that's the difference to A+

True, true. Although mercenary is a pretty good class line that'll be good for any husband of hers, as long as he doesn't already have it of course.

Edit- Benoit does actually pass down fighter to Ignis as well though, so while he doesn't have mercenary unless he inherits it from his mother, there is some overlap in Ignis' class trees. I still think he's a good choice as husband for Soleil though.

Edited by capmalachi

Imagine how ridiculously overpowered for the player to get a 1-4 bow though

Not OP enough. Needs higher critical hit rate.