Lunatic tips

Nothing I was just thinking of doing the easier route first, that and I'm not very good at pairing my units anyway so most of my children are probably going to be absolutely worthless. I just wish I could marry off my units depending on there supports and not their kids, like I want Maribelle to marry Chrom and I want Olivia to marry Donnel but their children just end up shit.

I can sympathize, though really the only pairings I really care about are second gen ones, I never really cared much for most 1st gen pairings aesthetic wise. And thankfully I've worked out how to compensate for my particular pairing tastes while staying with high quality pairs.

My biggest concern is making sure that Inigo is with Severa, because Severa's an asshole and Inigo is either an insensitive horndog or a victim of disproportionate abuse in most of his supports, yet strangely, putting them together creates a totally functional and actually cute relationship.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can sympathize, though really the only pairings I really care about are second gen ones, I never really cared much for most 1st gen pairings aesthetic wise. And thankfully I've worked out how to compensate for my particular pairing tastes while staying with high quality pairs.

My biggest concern is making sure that Inigo is with Severa, because Severa's an asshole and Inigo is either an insensitive horndog or a victim of disproportionate abuse in most of his supports, yet strangely, putting them together creates a totally functional and actually cute relationship.

OMG XD that's the exact reason I put them together, inigo doesn't deserve Morgan or Cynthia.

It's worth noting that typically, Rallies and/or Limit Breaker are good enough to compensate for subpar caps (and people have beaten Apotheosis SR with just gen 1 characters, so not having the most optimal pairings isn't going to kill your run). For reference, when I did my run, I mostly paired gen 1s willy-nilly to get the paralogues unlocked. This resulted in suboptimal children, but I was still able to minmax the results enough to get workable setups that didn't need to tap into DLC skills (Limit Breaker and Agressor being the big ones that are noticeable when missing)—just rallies. There was a chance of RNG failure as a result, but that could easily have been patched up with Limit Breaker and Aggressor. In short, while the enemies are very tough, there's enough big stat boosts in Limit Breaker and rallies combined to give you a reasonable amount of flexibility. And since you always have Robin, Morgan and possibly a second Robin!kid, you also can't completely screw yourself skill build-wise (you might just have less viable options).

It's worth noting that typically, Rallies and/or Limit Breaker are good enough to compensate for subpar caps (and people have beaten Apotheosis SR with just gen 1 characters, so not having the most optimal pairings isn't going to kill your run). For reference, when I did my run, I mostly paired gen 1s willy-nilly to get the paralogues unlocked. This resulted in suboptimal children, but I was still able to minmax the results enough to get workable setups that didn't need to tap into DLC skills (Limit Breaker and Agressor being the big ones that are noticeable when missing)just rallies. There was a chance of RNG failure as a result, but that could easily have been patched up with Limit Breaker and Aggressor. In short, while the enemies are very tough, there's enough big stat boosts in Limit Breaker and rallies combined to give you a reasonable amount of flexibility. And since you always have Robin, Morgan and possibly a second Robin!kid, you also can't completely screw yourself skill build-wise (you might just have less viable options).

That's good, I was stressing over what pairings to use so that the children wouldn't be completely useless due to the fact that they can potentially be the most powerful units in the entire game, also should I make support units (units that exist solely to buff and defend another unit) and rallybots, if so which units make the best supports and rallybots

Edited by EarthboundAddict

You mean support pair-up units? Yeah, you'll want those, although less for defending the unit and more for helping their offense. Aside from the stat bonuses, the main thing you'll be looking for from support units are Dual Strikes. Generally, you'll want something with high damage and access to a faire skill. I used Sages with forged Celica's Gales, myself, but I've heard of people bringing in Berserkers with Hit +20 and forged Brave Axes (I'm not particularly familiar with the fine details, so you may want to check the Apotheosis thread if you want to know more).

If you decide to use rallies (technically, you can get away with just Limit Breaker, even with fairly unoptimized kids; you can also get away with just rallies instead of Limit Breaker), yes, you should make at least one rally bot. Most people use female einherjar for the job (so you can run Spectrum/Speed/Magic/Skill/Love all on the same character). If you don't want to use those, then Robin can work too (I did as much, since I banned out DLC content, as well as einherjar; I replaced Rally Love with Rally Luck), although you'll end up needing to have one of the girls come in to provide Speed, since your male Robin can't get Falco. With proper positioning and Rescue abuse, you can get by with just one set of buffs, but if you want your units to work a little more independantly, you'll need to deploy more than one (which is only really reasonable if you're using einherjar). Oh, and any rallybot you use should reclass to a flying class in order to make them providing their buffs easier. I personally chose Falco, so that if something went really, really wrong, I had one more possible Rescue user.

You mean support pair-up units? Yeah, you'll want those, although less for defending the unit and more for helping their offense. Aside from the stat bonuses, the main thing you'll be looking for from support units are Dual Strikes. Generally, you'll want something with high damage and access to a faire skill. I used Sages with forged Celica's Gales, myself, but I've heard of people bringing in Berserkers with Hit +20 and forged Brave Axes (I'm not particularly familiar with the fine details, so you may want to check the Apotheosis thread if you want to know more).

If you decide to use rallies (technically, you can get away with just Limit Breaker, even with fairly unoptimized kids; you can also get away with just rallies instead of Limit Breaker), yes, you should make at least one rally bot. Most people use female einherjar for the job (so you can run Spectrum/Speed/Magic/Skill/Love all on the same character). If you don't want to use those, then Robin can work too (I did as much, since I banned out DLC content, as well as einherjar; I replaced Rally Love with Rally Luck), although you'll end up needing to have one of the girls come in to provide Speed, since your male Robin can't get Falco. With proper positioning and Rescue abuse, you can get by with just one set of buffs, but if you want your units to work a little more independantly, you'll need to deploy more than one (which is only really reasonable if you're using einherjar). Oh, and any rallybot you use should reclass to a flying class in order to make them providing their buffs easier. I personally chose Falco, so that if something went really, really wrong, I had one more possible Rescue user.

Ok good so just bring forged celicas gales, brave weapons and wastes.

Have at least 1-2 flying rallybots and support units with A-S supports also wielding forged quadruple weapons.

Make sure most if not ALL your units have galeforce. And bring a couple of sages, falcon Knights and war clerics/monks with rescue staffs. And make sure most if not ALL your units stats are all capped (bring limit breaker too).

Seems simple enough, how many units am I allowed to bring.