3-3 help in a run without Haar?

Vapo

So I decided to do a mages only playthrough (on EM for maximum sanity preservation), and most of it has gone smoothly until I hit 3-3. This has usually never been a problem for me as I can get the hard to reach supplies with Haar, but trying to 1. clear the enemies, 2. release the horses, 3. get the tents and 4. get the supplies with only 4 units, all of whom are foot units (Ike because I need him for 4-E-2 and 4-E-5, Ilyana, Soren and Mist) in 18 turns is proving rather difficult, as Mist does loldamage, Soren can't double and Ike can't handle the mages. I made it to 17 turns with the furthest supply left but even then I was in a position with Mist only living through rigging, Ilyana basically dead, Soren trapped and Ike unable to reach the supply.

So tl;dr: should I stop trying to do one of those objectives, allow use of weaponless Haar or just be prepared for extreme rigging to complete this?

With that small a team, you should skip the horses, and probably the tents as well. Use whatever BEXP you have to pump Soren up, give your mages plenty of healing items, and split into three groups (Mist with Ike) to target the supplies on the right, the supplies on the left and the farthest supply. If you find your team is unable to handle solo expeditions, it's probably better to just use Haar rather than rig battles, I find rigging makes the game a chore.

Managed to do it by deploying weaponless Haar and skipping one of the horse pens~ after 3-3 this mage only run has been going smoothly so far.

3-4: fairly easy, Ilyana went left with Ranulf her dedicated shovebot while Ike, Mist and Soren went the right path.

3-5: I decided to go the defend route here for xp, starting the chapter off with Tier 3 Soren, Ilyana and Mist thanks to EM bexp. Mist has gotten a lot better and is able to ORKO mages and 2RKO everything else.

3-6: I was expecting this to be hell but it went smoothly with Paragon Micaiah (who was speed blessed, and managed to get to Lv16 by the end of the chapter) and Tier 3 Laura with Resolve.

Haven't done 3-7 yet but I'm expecting it to be easy provided I stay the hell away from Laura.

EDIT:

3-7: I decided to screw around here and let Soren and Ilyana counter attack with staves for pretty much the whole chapter for the insane wexp. =P Ilyana got to C staves, nearly B and Soren got to A staves. The enemies went for Soren if they could, I guess because he had less strength than Ilyana.

3-8: fairly autopilot

3-9: I bexp'd Calill to 3rd tier and let her solo the map with Geoffrey being unequipped. I didn't manage to save all the villages here but I got 3 and that's good for only 1 unit.

3-10: Went very well except for the fact that I forgot to put Calill's Meteor in the convoy and the stupid AI used it all up. :v I use the Hammerne from 3-3 to restore Mist's Florete seeing as it's the best weapon she'll have til Alondite comes around.

3-11: Top tip: don't try to do this level without a guide. I pretty much fell in every pitfall possible. x.x

3-12: I relied on the allies here to help, Laura got some kills though and Micaiah gained a level from the few enemies she was able to kill.

3-13: I bexp'd Miccy to lv20, she capped everything but Str and Skill. I used Sothe to give Miccy's Purge to Laura here, who was able to Sleep staff Ike, and then made a yolo mission down to the bottom floor where she was able to Resolve-dodge tank some Laguz and kill Ike with Purge. :D

3-E: Haven't done this yet but I bexp'd Soren to 20/20/20. He capped everything but Defense, which he's one off the cap for anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

EDIT2:

3-E: Nothing notable here, however Calill's magic growth refuses to co-operate with me and I'm having to rig every level for magic so she can end up capping it. x.x

Armies:

Silver: Miccy, Sanaki, Laura, Leanne

Greil: Ike, Mist, Soren, Tormod, Rafiel, Oliver (lol)

Hawk: Elincia, Ilyana, Calill (I forgot what army Calill is in but I'm guessing here), Reyson, Bastian (lol). This isnt a second playthrough since I used this file to get a 1 Clear since I ran out of those, so no Pelleas but eh.

Edited by Vapo

I finished :D

4-P: Way harder than I expected, hard to solo with Laura, Miccy and Sanaki. Let's just say the turncount was in the 20s. =P

4-1: Ike, Mist and Soren took a section of the map each here and went ham. Ike gained like 15 levels and capped Str, Skl, Spd and Def.

4-2: Elincia got to Lv18 and capped Str and Spd. No Pelleas. D=

4-3: Laura + Resolve = rip everyone. I used Sigrun ferrying Sothe to get the treasures, mainly to sell. I got Stefan solely for his sword so Mist could have it.

4-4: I bexp'd Tormod to Tier 3 at the start of this and gave him Paragon. I, for the first time ever, recruited Oliver. He's pretty horrible.

4-5: Killed Izuka with Calill (shoved through the swamp) and Elincia. Bastian got a bit of exp here as well.

4-E: Deployed Ilyana, Calill, Laura, Soren, Tormod, Elincia, Mist, Oliver, Bastian and Stefan. Took Stefan not for combat, but so he could bless Vague Katti for Mist.

4-E-1: Autopilot

4-E-2: I deployed no one but Ike and Miccy here since nobody really needed exp, Ike killed BK player phase of turn 2.

4-E-3: Ilyana went ham here with Dragonfoe+Rexbolt, Dheginsea was weakened by Ilyana and Ike then finished off by Miccy. Everyone else cleared the way and killed the side dragons.

4-E-4: This was probably the easiest chapter in the entire run thanks to the spirits tinking all my units but Oliver and Ike and Sephiran conveniently tping right next to Tormod.

4-E-5: 4 turned this. RIP Gareth.

Top 5:

5th: Ike (who thought for his friends and by that I mean Soren, Mist and Ilyana since he had practically 0 contact with anyone else. Also, my Ike ended up insanely magic blessed for some reason.)

4th: Laura (who basically solo'd the DB chapters once Tormod and Ilyana left.)

3rd: Soren (best mage by far, was never let down by him. will be using him more in the future)

2nd: (Hey) Miccy (you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind hey Miccy)

1st: Ilyana (purely due to her godly availability)

I'll probably be doing a Laguz+Branded only run next, with Royals not allowed because cheapness. Will be making a mini-playlog for that, planned endgame team is Stefan-Soren-Mordecai-Vika-Ranulf-Volug-Janaff-Skrimir-Lethe-Nealuchi? but it could change.

Edited by Vapo

• 3 weeks later...