Fire Emblem Fates Manga Announced

Dronagon

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the idea of re-adapting pre-existing games into manga provides more content (even if it's just a retelling) to the very thing people are fans of but it also changes the experience.

Game dialogue is mostly just character dialogue portraits that change facial expressions every so often with some actions with the character 3D models, but in manga, they've got to put more character, emotion and facial expressions because there's more interaction between characters and their environment. I think manga is just a good way to show case the characters in their environment from all different angles (as an artist, I find anything involving drawing and art very inspiring).

When I read the Persona mangas after playing the games, I find myself paying more attention to their surroundings and how they react whether it's looking at their body language or facial expressions since they aren't generic models or drawn the same every time.

I even did those things when I read some of the Awakening anthologies.

Then again, my opinion is purely based on the fact that I've very art-oriented so not everyone feels that way.

Edited by carefreejules

Well THIS will be interesting. I'm definitely looking forward to reading it! I wonder if it'll be expansions on stuff that happens in the game, kind of the like the drama CDs were like for Awakening?

Update: Famitsu has added a brief report about this news. Besides what we already knew, an image of a sword-wielder overlooking a sunset was teased at the concert.

I wonder who the "sword-wielder" is? Kamui?

Also, does the sunset have any significance? Nohr is night and Hoshido is day. Invisible is kinda sunset-ish, right?

I wonder who the "sword-wielder" is? Kamui?

Also, does the sunset have any significance? Nohr is night and Hoshido is day. Invisible is kinda sunset-ish, right?

well IK is the balance the sun setting means the world is darker but there is still light out.

Why not a anime? Seriously I love to see Kozaki's art in 2d with a good studio behind it. Plus it much more easier for anime to get localized instead of manga.

Then Fates would truly become the Persona 4 of Fire Emblem.