[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

Did SciresM share the text simulator for the game that he has been working on? Could be useful to find out what parts of the translation gets cut-off and if any lines repeat..

Not publicly. We do have two simulators though, but recently one of them had broken length.

Scires said he'll release the simulator publicly soon. (The group has the beta version, Kalimizu and I have a more advanced version, and he's working on the final. That's all).

Edited by luyairis

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not publicly. We do have two simulators though, but recently one of them had broken length.

Scires said he'll release the simulator publicly soon. (The group has the beta version, Kalimizu and I have a more advanced version, and he's working on the final. That's all).

Ah that'll help with figuring out cut off dialogues!

Also finished chapter 1-12 for both Hoshido and Nohr, posted in the google docs, some of them were minor errors, probably didn't catch everything though I caught what I could.

Normal/Phoenix and auto-battle ftw lol.

Edit: do the death quotes only work in chapters 1-12?, Some retreat dialogue in Chapter 6 is translated while Kamui and Felicia/Joker aren't, I don't see it working in other chapters past 12., too tired to be bothered looking at previous chapters to see if anything is broken.

Edited by Xanek

Ah that'll help with figuring out cut off dialogues!

Also finished chapter 1-12 for both Hoshido and Nohr, posted in the google docs, some of them were minor errors, probably didn't catch everything though I caught what I could.

Normal/Phoenix and auto-battle ftw lol.

Edit: do the death quotes only work in chapters 1-12?, currently testing on Chapter 6 Nohr side and only see Leon, Camilla, Elise and Marx death quotes while Kamui and Felicia are untranslated.

Did you re-download the patch and check for a 死亡.bin.lz? That should be the only reason why they're not showing up unless you're playing on casual mode (if you might've missed my edit, see: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=56220&p=3919239).

The brotherhood of Nohr, which is the same I believe as it used to be in the first patch.

Ah yeah, it is :/ We changed it to Nohrian Ties. I'm not quite sure why it's happening, then... sorry. ><

Edited by Ranaline

I think you can run the new Gateway launcher in the system settings. The old one required ether Cubic Ninja, or Ocarina of Time 3D, but I don't think the new ones require games anymore. I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain they don't.

Still requires to run Cubic Ninja or OoT3D ONCE to use Gateway and then downgrade MSET to do the whole System Settings DS Profile exploit.

Hey, I've got two questions and it'd be much appreciated if someone could give me some help.

First, rxTools does provide region free correct? I saw a question similar to this answered earlier in the thread but I'm still unsure, a clear answer would be great. I've got a Japanese copy of Conquest and Birthright and would like to use rxTools to play it on my original 3ds (NA). I do not own a copy of Cubic Ninja or Gateway.

Secondly, I'm in the middle of setting up rxTools for my SD card, and I'm a bit stuck on getting firmware.bin. I have Python installed (2.7.0 exactly, don't know if you need the latest version of 2.7 or something) to run the program, but the executable window doesn't seem to initiate the download. Whenever I execute either cdn_firm.py or cdn_download.py, the window runs for a quarter second before closing. It says "Syntax invalid" or something along those lines from what I can read from the screenshot I got. Any advice on this? The firmware.bin does not show up after I execute either of these.

Any and all advice/support is welcome, and thank you for your time.

Out of curiosity are you guys not opposed to using outside translations to help speed things along (obviously double checking it to make sure it's right)? I came across a thing where they've translated a majority (I think?) of the supports already http://pastebin.com/wZCcpdBpFigured it was worth mentioning anyway.

First, rxTools does provide region free correct?

Yes, built in to the latest couple versions.

As for more support I'd check out the gba tutorial thread on rxtools.

Edited by Firion

Yes, built in to the latest couple versions.

As for more support I'd check out the gba tutorial thread on rxtools.

Thank you, I managed to find a user with similar problems in the support forum on gba. I got the firmware.bin to download after executing cdn_firm.py. Hopefully everything runs fine now.

Hey all, I've started a playthrough series of the patch on YouTube, if anyone wants to check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it6I7KjEaqU

That's really awesome! But, is it supposed to start like that? I thought the choice comes after a few chapters!

Can someone please explain why this happened? Does that patch skip the first chapters, or is this normal?

EDIT: He replied on youtube with RemedialChaos

12:30 PM

+TgvBen As you'll see in the next part (which will be uploaded on Saturday) this is a flashforward/hype thing. The actual choice doesn't happen until Chapter 6 or so.
Edited by Ben_413

That's really awesome! But, is it supposed to start like that? I thought the choice comes after a few chapters!

Can someone please explain why this happened? Does that patch skip the first chapters, or is this normal?

There was no choice made in that footage. You've confused it for a later chapter.

So I just removed all of my patch folders and files and re-downloaded it and rebuilt the .cia and this time did not import my save files back onto the rom and yet when I booted up the game my most recent save file was still on there. I don't understand why the patcher isn't working for me, and I don't understand why my save files where still attached. Any idea's?

Back again, sorry. I'm in the middle of getting my Xorpads, but I'm more or less confused about Decrypt9. I got the ncchinfo.bin file from dragging and dropping my .3ds file,but then I get stuck at the next step: "Copy this file to your SD-Card to the Decrypt9-workdirectory (normally "SD:/Decrypt9" or just "SD:/")." Am I supposed to use Decrypt9 in my 3ds? If so, how? I have no idea how to implement that into my SD card. I'd also like to know how to implement the SaveDataFiler.cia to my 3ds, I already have the .cia downloaded. I'm having a lot of difficulty getting this particular part done, so help is much appreciated. Thank you.

My firmware is 8.1 on the O3DS if that helps any, I've also tried another users suggestion to use 3DS simple cia converter, but it only creates two Xorpads.

Back again, sorry. I'm in the middle of getting my Xorpads, but I'm more or less confused about Decrypt9. I got the ncchinfo.bin file from dragging and dropping my .3ds file,but then I get stuck at the next step: "Copy this file to your SD-Card to the Decrypt9-workdirectory (normally "SD:/Decrypt9" or just "SD:/")." Am I supposed to use Decrypt9 in my 3ds? If so, how? I have no idea how to implement that into my SD card. I'd also like to know how to implement the SaveDataFiler.cia to my 3ds, I already have the .cia downloaded. I'm having a lot of difficulty getting this particular part done, so help is much appreciated. Thank you.

My firmware is 8.1 on the O3DS if that helps any, I've also tried another users suggestion to use 3DS simple cia converter, but it only creates two Xorpads.

I know the tutorial says to use Decrypt9 but if I was you, I would use a program called 3ds Lazy, which is a lot more user friendly and I've been able to get the xorpads without any trouble, using it. As for savedatafiler, just drag the .cia file to the root of your SD Card and install it with either Devmenu or BigBlueMenu on your 3ds. Hope I helped you a little. ^_^ Edited by XxSharpshooterxX

Questions: Will there be a video tutorial on how to Patch FE: if/Fates, for some people who have troubles with it?

None that I know of, sorry. I was thinking of making one once all of the requirements for the patch arrive (I ordered them off of ebay), assuming I don't have any issues installing it. No promises though. I've never made a tutorial video before, and I fear it will be terrible. Still, I would like to do what I can to help out this project.

Edited by Ben_413

I know the tutorial says to use Decrypt9 but if I was you, I would use a program called 3ds Lazy, which is a lot more user friendly and I've been able to get the xorpads without any trouble, using it. As for savedatafiler, just drag the .cia file to the root of your SD Card and install it with either Devmenu or BigBlueMenu on your 3ds. Hope I helped you a little. ^_^

I see, looking through google results I get a few youtube guides for DevMenu and 3ds Lazy, but it appears I'll have to downgrade my 3ds. I suppose I'll get working on that before watching the other videos. Thank you.

Okay so i'm suddenly getting this message when I start the game each time now, any idea what it says? :|

The game still launches fine.

When I press Y there's more japanese text and two icons, one I am assuming the download play i'm assuming and the other is the eshop icon.

Is this the update for the game that the homepage of serenesforest is talking about?

GY9qkIH.png?16BrdvZJ.png?1

Edited by Xanek

Okay so i'm suddenly getting this message when I start the game each time now, any idea what it says? :|

When I press Y there's more japanese text and two icons, one I am assuming the download play i'm assuming and the other is the eshop icon.

I think it's asking if you want to update your game? I may be wrong though.

Yeah there was an update to the game

Uh oh, I downloaded the update and now i'm on the infinite 3DS loading screen... Guess the update breaks the cia version of the game.. help? :c

Edited by Xanek

Is this the update for the game that the homepage of serenesforest is talking about?

Yup, just for future reference:

ソフトの更新があります。Sofuto no koushin ga arimasu. "There is a software update."

Ⓨ更新する Koushin suru. Update.

Ⓐソフトをはじめる Sofuto wo hajimeru. "Start program"

The options on the other picture basically ask you how you want to download it. The top option basically is just "Download right now and here" while the lower option takes you to the E-shop to download it. And the bottom option やめる means Go Back / Stop.

So basically, press A again.

Yup, just for future reference:

ソフトの更新があります。Sofuto no koushin ga arimasu. "There is a software update."

Ⓨ更新する Koushin suru. Update.

Ⓐソフトをはじめる Sofuto wo hajimeru. "Start program"

The options on the other picture basically ask you how you want to download it. The top option basically is just "Download right now and here" while the lower option takes you to the E-shop to download it. And the bottom option やめる means Go Back / Stop.

So basically, press A again.

The game update broke the cia version, infinite 3ds loading screen, any ideas on what to do?

Edit: So when I updated it via the QR code, I picked the top option and the right option in the eshop, were those correct?

Edited by Xanek

The game update broke the cia version, infinite 3ds loading screen, any ideas on what to do?

Edit: So when I updated it via the QR code, I picked the top option and the right option in the eshop, were those correct?

your cia version broke?

I think it's because the Patcher creates a cia with a modified exefs-partition and the update isn't able to handle this.

Delete the "banner.bin" inside of the exe-folder and try to rebuild the cia again.

Normally it should work then.

If it still not work, we have to check this again.

Edited by Cellenseres