[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

It seems like no one saw this post. I still haven't been able to figure it out.

Try using ncchinfo_gen.py directly in Command Prompt. Type "python " (without quotes), then drag ncchinfo_gen.py, type a space, then drag your ROMs to the command window. Hit Enter to execute the command.

To the team: Please don't try to reinvent the wheel by adding region-free patch. SciresM already removed the region free patch in his patcher because DLC doesn't work with patched game on GW Mode.

Edited by RainThunder

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try using ncchinfo_gen.py directly in Command Prompt. Type "python " (without quotes), then drag ncchinfo_gen.py, type a space, then drag your ROMs to the command window. Hit Enter to execute the command.

To the team: Please don't try to reinvent the wheel by adding region-free patch. SciresM already removed the region free patch in his patcher because DLC doesn't work with patched game on GW Mode.

So, I tried doing what you said and this is all that happened, SPOILER:

Desktop_8_14_2015_5_37_46_PM_229.png

I then tried the same thing, but with a space after "python". This is what happened, SPOILER:

Desktop_8_14_2015_5_36_38_PM_442.png

EDIT: I guess I don't know how to do the spoiler thing properly. Sorry.

Edited by Ben_413

The first screen is okay, but you don't have python in your PATH environment variable. You can temporarily add python folder to your PATH, by typing this command:

path %PATH%;C:\Python
(assume C:\Python is the folder that you installed python to). Then use the python "command" (like the first screenshot). Edited by RainThunder

The first screen is okay, but you don't have python in your PATH environment variable. You can temporarily add python folder to your PATH, by typing this command:

path %PATH%;C:\Python
(assume C:\Python is the folder that you installed python to). Then use the python "command" (like the first screenshot).

Thank you for replying!

So, I tried the command and the error is gone. But it still doesn't look like it did anything. SPOILER:

Desktop_8_14_2015_10_30_10_PM_665.png

Thank you for replying!

So, I tried the command and the error is gone. But it still doesn't look like it did anything. SPOILER:

Desktop_8_14_2015_10_30_10_PM_665.png

Rename your FE if rom to something like rom.3ds it fails if you have any non letter characters in the rom title so all those spaces and dashes are causing the failureand you shouldn't need to do it via command prompt.

Edited by tvo770

Rename your FE if rom to something like rom.3ds it fails if you have any non letter characters in the rom title so all those spaces and dashes are causing the failureand you shouldn't need to do it via command prompt.

Thank you, but the same thing happened. I tried with and without adding 'python'. SPOILER:

Desktop_8_15_2015_10_43_57_AM_742.png

I don't understand why it's not working. Maybe I should reinstall python, what do you think?

Save yourself the trouble and download the xorpad online. You can skip this part after and just patch your rom with their tool that is provided.

@Ben_413 That's privacy and I wouldn't recommend doing it. At least, the group does not support it.

question is it possible to use amiibo function in this game on an old 3ds?

No. Amiibo only work on the New 3DS. Sorry.

Won't it work with the (recently released) Amiibo NFC Adapter created for Old 3DS?

Won't it work with the (recently released) Amiibo NFC Adapter created for Old 3DS?

Yes it should.

Thank you, but the same thing happened. I tried with and without adding 'python'. SPOILER:

[photo]

I don't understand why it's not working. Maybe I should reinstall python, what do you think?

If you decide to reinstall, there's an option for you to add python to your environmental variables list

post-17443-0-82757100-1439676265_thumb.png

Edited by thedude28

It works fine for me with my Japanese EMuNAND.

If you want to get them to work again, remove the icon.bin inside of exe-folder.

I'm using the newest Patch (2.1α) and it works fine for me on Japanese EmuNAND.

I wasn't able to use the DLC on my European SysNAND ever.

[spoiler=Example Photo]11836804_1001327059898358_76225096269425

I have the same problem as that user but I cant find the icon.bin file? Where and how do i access it? I am using gateway

Edited by CSX

So I have a problem, I can't seem to access the DLC. Everytime I try to purchase DLC it saids "DLC is being prepared." I'm on rxtools (on NA EmuNAND. I think...) and I have the updated DLC .cia but the DLC won't show.

Sorry if I don't know what I'm taking about, but this kind of stuff is hard for me and I'm pulling my hair out over it.

For some people you must be on a JP emunand. I use the gateway cart and the ROM version of the game and didn't have any problem with DLC (dunno anything about emunand so it's whatever the stock setup of my US system became), until earlier when this translation borked it for a second, which was fixed relatively quickly thereafter.

I have not tried 2.1 patch and can't say if it may have caused a new issue.

Edited by Celice

@Ben_413 That's privacy and I wouldn't recommend doing it. At least, the group does not support it.

Ah yes, forgot about that. In any case there are easier tools to extract xorpads from the game backup.

After deleting the icon.bin in one of the folders under Patch, I think exe folder, (there are only 2 files in that folder), my dlcs worked again. Had to repatch the whole thing.

Hey. Im new to the Fire Emblem series and I really want to try this translation out but I cant buy a new 3Ds and I cant buy either FE Birthright or Conquest (I am not rich) so from what Ive read I havent found a way to play it on my computer so I thought I needed an emulator and all but Id need the Japanese version anyway for it to be patched... Is there anyway for me to play the game on my computer without having to buy anything?

Please help me

Hey. Im new to the Fire Emblem series and I really want to try this translation out but I cant buy a new 3Ds and I cant buy either FE Birthright or Conquest (I am not rich) so from what Ive read I havent found a way to play it on my computer so I thought I needed an emulator and all but Id need the Japanese version anyway for it to be patched... Is there anyway for me to play the game on my computer without having to buy anything?

Please help me

1. The translations group (and I'd say Serenes too) does not support piracy. You need to buy a physical version of the game and a 3DS of a certain firmware to play it. (The patcher requires you to have your own dumped copy of the game - I won't state anything about piracy).

2. There is no existing stable Nintendo 3DS emulator. Citra barely even works right now.

1. The translations group (and I'd say Serenes too) does not support piracy. You need to buy a physical version of the game and a 3DS of a certain firmware to play it. (The patcher requires you to have your own dumped copy of the game - I won't state anything about piracy).

2. There is no existing stable Nintendo 3DS emulator. Citra barely even works right now.

Thank you very much for the quick response.

I see thank you again guys your project is amazing. As for me I will have to wait till official release of the game (I dont even understand programming language anyway xd) Thank you again o.o/

For some people you must be on a JP emunand. I use the gateway cart and the ROM version of the game and didn't have any problem with DLC (dunno anything about emunand so it's whatever the stock setup of my US system became), until earlier when this translation borked it for a second, which was fixed relatively quickly thereafter.

I have not tried 2.1 patch and can't say if it may have caused a new issue.

I can't seem to figure out how to change to JP emunand. The only tutorial I found was this, but it's not well written to me, and one of the links is broken.

Looks like I'm going to have to wait for my gateway now. :/

I can't seem to figure out how to change to JP emunand. The only tutorial I found was this, but it's not well written to me, and one of the links is broken.

Looks like I'm going to have to wait for my gateway now. :/

You mean the RegionChangeKit link is dead? You can find it here http://www.rustyrevolution.org/RegionChangeKit.rar

What else are you having trouble with?

I have the same problem as that user but I cant find the icon.bin file? Where and how do i access it? I am using gateway

To fix the dlc problem. You need to repatch (the clean ROM) after deleting the icon.bin file.

The icon.bin file is inside the 2.1a patch folder:

Fire Emblem If- English Translation [Chapter Patch + Menu Patch][v2.1a]\Patch\exe\icon.bin

I can confirm that this fixes the dlc problem with patch 2.1a on gateway.

To fix the dlc problem. You need to repatch (the clean ROM) after deleting the icon.bin file.

The icon.bin file is inside the 2.1a patch folder:

Fire Emblem If- English Translation [Chapter Patch + Menu Patch][v2.1a]\Patch\exe\icon.bin

I can confirm that this fixes the dlc problem with patch 2.1a on gateway.

I tried that with Gateway and the dlc still didn't work. :/