[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

Which method are you using to run the game?

edit

from users at 3dsiso

yeah others are having the issue too. What made this happen before, in the earlier patch? It was fixed pretty quickly.

Read some text on early pages.... "17" I wrote how you can fix in cia viewing dlc problem and for 3ds someome upper wrote that you need delete icon.bin in patch

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have problems playing the DLCs, just delete the icon.bin before patching the game!
If you're using a japanese-patched EmuNAND, japanese EmuNAND or japanese SysNAND, you don't need to delete the icon.bin
If you're playing on a non-japanese EmuNAND/SysNAND, you should delete the icon.bin

Updated the readme.txt on pastebin!
added:

-I can't use the DLC's with the latest patch. What happened?
It's because we've added a modified icon.bin into our patch (patches the Game-Title in HOME-MENU from "ファイアーエムブレム if" to "Fire Emblem: Fates".
You still can use the DLC's if you're playing on a Japanese EmuNAND/SysNAND.
If you don't have a japanese (patched) EmuNAND, you just need to delete the icon.bin inside of /exe/ before patching the Game.
This will allow you to play the DLC's on Non-Japanese EmuNANDs/SysNANDs

!!IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!

We're hiring new translators!

You're able to read and understand japanese fluently?

You're able to translate japanese to english without using Google Translator or other Machine Translators?

You have Skype installed to your PC?

You want to work with a wonderful team?

Don't hestitate to send me a PM!

Edited by Cellenseres

It's strange, but GW red card dont want run any clean FE:If se 3ds rom... Cryptofixed works...

It give me fragmentation error... Maybe i downloaded broken game 5 times from 2 different places....

Strange... Any help? I have last emunand with launcher 3.4

Read some text on early pages.... "17" I wrote how you can fix in cia viewing dlc problem and for 3ds someome upper wrote that you need delete icon.bin in patch

I don't use cia. I use the ROM version. I also could not patch the game when the patch initially came out, which you can read in the thread earlier. So I have to depend on others uploading prepatched versions for the time being. I might try it again with their ROM, as originally I was using one from the baidu account.

What does this icon.bin even do that justifies it being added, if it causes this issue? If all it does is change the Home menu text then I saw reverse it as this is a very unnecessary change for the big problem it causes.

Edited by Celice

I don't use cia. I use the ROM version. I also could not patch the game when the patch initially came out, which you can read in the thread earlier. So I have to depend on others uploading prepatched versions for the time being. I might try it again with their ROM, as originally I was using one from the baidu account.

What does this icon.bin even do that justifies it being added, if it causes this issue? If all it does is change the Home menu text then I saw reverse it as this is a very unnecessary change for the big problem it causes.

Yeah, it change tittle of game)

I cant patch it too (cant get ncchinfo.bin) and it's not all problem...

On my gw card dont load clean "fe:if se.3ds" game... And it strange, because for patching i can load clean xorpads, but not for cryptofixed

Aaaand i'm stack)

If you have problems playing the DLCs, just delete the icon.bin before patching the game!

Yeah, after deleting it and creating cia DLC working. I read that save would be part of deleted somewhere, but for me it dont

I have all my save data, because of buckup working

Edited by ever17

Just ordered a new 3ds xl with a serial number of QW4016****. Hoping its a 9.2 or below

If it is black then probably 9.0 fw

There is a list of n3ds xl serials and their firmware versions online you can check out.

Edited by Laenitheus

If it is black then probably 9.0 fw

There is a list of n3ds xl serials and their firmware versions online you can check out.

Yeah its Black so i'm pretty confident that it will have the firmware. I'm just paranoid that some of the reports are wrong is all.

Question guys. So I have the Hoshido version physical, and dumped it onto my Japanese 3DS and installed the patch without problems. The thing is, I want to play the other versions as well and also keep my saves when a new patch comes out. How do I go about getting more paths? Do I buy it off e-shop, or get a physical copy of the Nohr version? I don't want to brick my 3DS or anything. I couldn't exactly read the Japanese but it seemed like the Nohr/IK versions were 20 dollars or something, preferable to the 45 dollar Nohr import. Also, if I get DLC for the Nohr and IK versions, do I have to reinstall the patch?

Question guys. So I have the Hoshido version physical, and dumped it onto my Japanese 3DS and installed the patch without problems. The thing is, I want to play the other versions as well and also keep my saves when a new patch comes out. How do I go about getting more paths? Do I buy it off e-shop, or get a physical copy of the Nohr version? I don't want to brick my 3DS or anything. I couldn't exactly read the Japanese but it seemed like the Nohr/IK versions were 20 dollars or something, preferable to the 45 dollar Nohr import. Also, if I get DLC for the Nohr and IK versions, do I have to reinstall the patch?

If you purchase another path it will unlock 3 extra save slots. So if purchase both paths you get a total of 9 save slots. The other 6 slots will save the game to the SD. So with that you can save your game to your sd it should be fine. Cause reinstalling will only delete the savefile on the first 3 slots. For me i did everything on sysnand for my n3ds becaue i couldn't access the eshop on my emunand. But the eshop spoofer and the ntr cfw eshop spoofer worked on sysnand for me.

If you purchase another path it will unlock 3 extra save slots. So if purchase both paths you get a total of 9 save slots. The other 6 slots will save the game to the SD. So with that you can save your game to your sd it should be fine. Cause reinstalling will only delete the savefile on the first 3 slots. For me i did everything on sysnand for my n3ds becaue i couldn't access the eshop on my emunand. But the eshop spoofer and the ntr cfw eshop spoofer worked on sysnand for me.

Just got it. Emunand let me access eShop, no problem. Got the game working with all three paths, each extra path was 20 dollars so I bought a 30 dollar and 10 dollar card from PlayAsia. So the second and third pages will be safe when I reinstall the game and patch?

Just got it. Emunand let me access eShop, no problem. Got the game working with all three paths, each extra path was 20 dollars so I bought a 30 dollar and 10 dollar card from PlayAsia. So the second and third pages will be safe when I reinstall the game and patch?

Yes, but I'd recommend backing up all your saves anyways.

I actually have a problem. When I'm playing the Nohr path, the post decision fight is completely translated, but chapter 7 is not. All of the menu stuff is still in English though. As I said above, I have a 3DS rom dump of the Hoshido version, and bought DLC off the eShop for the Nohr and IK paths. Can the other paths even be translated when my .cia file is only for the Hoshido version? Would I need to somehow dump the file for the other versions as well, even if they are eShop downloads?

I actually have a problem. When I'm playing the Nohr path, the post decision fight is completely translated, but chapter 7 is not. All of the menu stuff is still in English though. As I said above, I have a 3DS rom dump of the Hoshido version, and bought DLC off the eShop for the Nohr and IK paths. Can the other paths even be translated when my .cia file is only for the Hoshido version? Would I need to somehow dump the file for the other versions as well, even if they are eShop downloads?

Currently our patcher only works for paths on the base cartridge that you're using. Implementation for the downloaded paths may be added later, since we have to do it for Invisible Kingdom anyways.

Currently our patcher only works for paths on the base cartridge that you're using. Implementation for the downloaded paths may be added later, since we have to do it for Invisible Kingdom anyways.

I see. Well thanks for everything. You guys are freaking wizards. This is awesome that it works, and although I plan on still supporting the official release, this might become my main version if the official release isn't what I want it to be.

So I just signed in to tell you that this project you're making it's amazing!!!! There aren't many 3ds patches out in there (at least I haven't seen many), especially if it's a game that hasn't even been released in the west!! I really wish I could help with the translation, but I'm still a begginer in Japanese so I wouldn't be much help, worst part is that I can't even play the patch!!! :'(, but even so I support you 100% and I wish you good luck in this project, I'm sure the finished patch will be amazing (Don't misunderstand me, I'm supporting the official release as well, it's just that yours will take less time, and uncensored XD).

Am, guys... All DLC work for you?

Because some that have icon IF return me to tittle screen or to My Castle

Works for me last 3 dlc that give characters Marth, Lucina, Robin and 4 maps in Play dlc section

(And also works that give you neutral story)

What problem can it be?

(I found 2 packs of dlc and they both have IF icons, but in 1st 3maps+3char+n.story and in second 6maps+3char+n.story)

Edited by ever17

Works for me last 3 dlc that give characters Marth, Lucina, Robin and 4 maps in Play dlc section

What problem can it be?

(I found 2 packs of dlc and they both have IF icons, but in 1st 2maps+3char+n.story and in second 4maps+3char+n.story)

If you bought the dlc pack (all 7 dlcs), you need to reconnect to the download shop to unlock them.

If anyone is interested, the four fire emblem amiibos work flawlessly with the 2.1a patch. I have an old 3ds (USA region) and I'm using the NFC amiibo reader (japan only for now, but the device is region free so you can import it). The amiibos are region free too.

Translation team, are you planning to translate the amiibo/dlc stuff in a future? It would be awesome but i understand that translating the story is an amazing feat itself.

Thanks for the hard work

What problem can it be?

(I found 2 packs of dlc and they both have IF icons, but in 1st 3maps+3char+n.story and in second 6maps+3char+n.story)

This are DLC that have not released yet. The large DLC cia has entries for all the DLC, but only the one with character icons are playable for now.

If anyone is interested, the four fire emblem amiibos work flawlessly with the 2.1a patch. I have an old 3ds (USA region) and I'm using the NFC amiibo reader (japan only for now, but the device is region free so you can import it). The amiibos are region free too.

Translation team, are you planning to translate the amiibo/dlc stuff in a future? It would be awesome but i understand that translating the story is an amazing feat itself.

Thanks for the hard work

Yes we are. Anything that's in Japanese (with the exception of movies for now) will be translated. If there's new DLC in three years, we'll do that too.