Which Fighters do you think needs Buffs/Nerfs

Who and what needs to be Nerfed or Buffed?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the Fighters that need you think needs a Buff.

• Mario
    • Luigi
    • Petch
    • Bowser
    • Yoshi
    • RosaLuma
    • Bowser Jr.
    • Wario Man
    • Mr. G&W
    • Expand Dong
    • Diddy kong
    • Lonk
    • Zelda
    • Sheik
    • Falcondorf
    • T.Lonk
    • Samus
    • ZS. Samass
    • Pokemon In Training
    • Palutena
    • Mars Bar
    • Continue Ike's buff-a-thon
    • Shipping Lord
    • Kirby
    • King D3
    • Mata. K
    • Little Mac
    • Fox
    • Falco
    • Pikachu
    • Charizard
    • Lucario
    • The Puff
    • (Greninja shouldn't be an option)
    • DHD
    • R.O.B
    • Nesssssssss
    • C. Falcon
    • Villager
    • (None of the above)
  2. 2. Fighters that need you think needs a Buff. (Cont.)

• Alph
    • WFT
    • Mario w/PHD
    • Emo Pit
    • Babies First Marth
    • Shulk
    • Pac-Man
    • MM
    • Sanic
    • Mew2
    • Lucass
    • Our Boy
    • Ryu
    • Mii Brawler
    • Mii Sword Fighter
    • Mii Gunner
    • (None of the above) or (No one needs buffs)
  3. 3. Which Fighters do you think needs a Nerf?

• Plumber
    • WEE-GEE
    • Peach
    • Bowser
    • Yoshe
    • RosaLuma
    • Kooplings
    • Excitebike and fat guy
    • G&W
    • Donkey Pong
    • Doddy Kang
    • Zelda
    • Link
    • Sheik
    • Falcondorf
    • T.Link
    • Master Chief
    • Metroid Girl
    • The Pits
    • Palutena
    • Mar Mar
    • Ike (This will never happen)
    • Nightwing
    • Kirby
    • King Triple D
    • Meta. K
    • Air-Fighter
    • Space Animal
    • Space Animal #2
    • Pikachu
    • Charizard
    • Lucario
    • Jiggz
    • Greninja (I got nothing)
    • Banjo & Kazooie
    • Robby
    • Ness
    • Captain Yes
    • Villager
    • (None of the above)
  4. 4. Which Fighters do you think needs a Nerf? (Cont.)

• Olimar
    • WTF
    • Mario on Pills
    • Dark Pit
    • (Look, if you vote Marth, then Lucina gets nerfed/buffed 2)
    • Shulk is Life
    • Pac-Man
    • MM
    • Super Sanic
    • Mew2
    • Lucas
    • Fire Murth
    • HADOUKEN!!
    • Mii Fighter
    • Sword Mii
    • Mii w/a gun
    • (None of the above) or (No one needs nerfs)

A multiple choice poll.

Choose Fighters that you think needs Nerfs or Buffs and why?

First off. Buff Ike and Nerf Greninja.

Nerf - Next, make Roy's sour spot a little larger.

Nerf - Greninja

Buff - Give Marth a grab combo. Just a little.

Buff - Mii Sword Fighter just needs one.

Nerf - Sanic just needs to stop being so boring.

Buff - Samus needs better ground game and projectile game.

Buff - Ike

Nerf - Luigi's grab game... juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust a little. A tad.

You get the point.

buff everyone, some characters more than others. the extent to which certain characters should be buffed more than others should be obvious. the keyword is should since i don't feel like explaining to people that won't understand.

sonic is just going to be more boring if you nerf him.

Edited by PichuMaster3000

I'd like to see Dr. Mario buffed! He feels a lot less potent than his original, which feels like a bummer as Mario's fun gameplay sets a would-be-high expectation for the Doctor.

Not sure who I'd really like to see nerfed. I guess I'm used to the way the top tier characters feel right now, and that if I can't beat them, its probably an issue with my gameplay. This is coming from a Yoshi main who gets trounced by low-tier characters who know what they are doing, though...

As somebody who plays Mii Swordfighter as one of his mains, they are in need of one extremely specific nerf right now, because the latest patch made them able to chain slow Chakram throws all the way across the stage while ending with their combo finisher of choice.

Just needed to speak my peace on why I voted that way. Though, if you were to ask me, you all seem to underestimate what else they can do very much.

As somebody who plays Mii Swordfighter as one of his mains, they are in need of one extremely specific nerf right now, because the latest patch made them able to chain slow Chakram throws all the way across the stage while ending with their combo finisher of choice.

Just needed to speak my peace on why I voted that way. Though, if you were to ask me, you all seem to underestimate what else they can do very much.

that I didn't know. Seems like Megamans DashThrowJumpCancel from one end to the other all over again,

I really think everybody should be brought to that Roy/Captain Falcon level; a fun, solid character who has a couple obvious weaknesses (in both of these guys' cases, no projectile and lacking recovery).

And speaking of which... who said Roy needed a nerf? Did they fix that wonky exploit with his up special? Because that's the only thing that needs fixing.

Roy's forward-smash could stand to be toned down quite a bit, to put it lightly. Also, his up-smash has hitboxes way off to the side compared to others of its kind, so those could stand to be trimmed a bit. He would easily still be competitive if they addressed a couple of these excesses.

Edited by Tamarsamar

His hitboxes are still less ridiculous than Ike's IMO.

Personally, I don't feel Roy needs any nerfing beyond that BS with his up special, but I may be biased since I'm a Roy main.

Personally, I want Roy's counter to trigger faster, since one of my other mains is Marth, I always counter when playing Roy when Marth should and get hit.

Also, nerf Greninja, because its kind of a tradition at this point.

I voted to nerd Ness and Roy. I think Lucas and Sheik could use a buff. Roy just seems to use his Neutral B a lot. That can be mean when you main Sheik and Rosalina. As for Sheik, (Bouncing Fish into Roy, gets smacked with fire.) and Rosalina, (Luma Shots, goes to far and Luma goes bye bye.) I would also like to either: Buff Lucas' PK Fire to where it's more similar to Ness', or make Ness' more similar to Lucas'. For Sheik, I would just like to see a tiny, teeny-weeny little bit more KO-Power/Knockback. Overall, I think they made the game relatively balanced this time.

Isn't Roy's Up-Smash true-damage weather their in the air or from the ground?
I also think Roy's Flare Blade is a little broken. Next to no frame lag and great range and ko potential compared Ike's Eruption all round.

Edited by Great Geargia Gateway

Mii Swordfighter please please please buff. :(

Sheik, Rosalina, and Zero Suit Samus need nerfed, imo.

Oh, but while I'm pretty satisfied with my hero Ike right now, I wouldn't complain if he got a little more buffing as long as he isn't OP. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Although I thought Roy's F-smash was ridiculous at first. It really isn't that bad when you reallize Falcon's knee kills around a percent close to that and he can use his knee in the air. Which is way better than being able to charge it up.

Though Roy's Neutral-B being near lag-less is kind of odd. I feel it could be nerfed, but how would you nerf it. Giving it lag basically makes it less useful, and nerfing its range further reduces its usefulness.

Roy's Blazer is a good candidate for a nerf, but I feel like there's no reason to nerf it. It doesn't have good vertical recovery, and it's very easy to gimp. Blazer has good use offensively, both as a kill move and a good mix-up. But in terms of recovery it's still "ok" because it's good horizontally.

EDIT: I'd say ROB needs a nerf, but I've always been terrible against ROBs so I'm going to say Pikachu.

In terms of buffs, Toon Link and Shulk.

Most things Shulk can do, ZSS can do better. Shulk really wants moves to come out faster.

Toon Link could use either more power or more speed. Since Link is better than Toon Link at most things. In terms of range, since Link is taller. Link survives later because he's heavier. So we need to give Toon Link something that makes him his own niche rather than a Link with a smaller hit box, who doesn't fare as well as Link.

Edited by ~Summer~

What the actual fuck is wrong with that poll? A few jokes is fine but that is unbearable.

Need buffs: A lot. Something like half the cast or more could use some buffs.

Nerfs:

Ness' back throw.

Sheik.

Luigi down throw combos.

Pikachu heavy skull bash.

I just fought a few Marths in FG 1v1 yesterday and...

"Wut da fuq? Why am I suddenly losing to Marth? Isn't he supposed to be sh*t?"

This was before I knew about his buffs in the recent patch. Now I'm inclined to believe he's fine now.

I'd say just hit anyone who's been untouched by patches recently (insert top tires here) and give Ganon extended Flame Choke range (and maybe a bit of a speed bump).

I just fought a few Marths in FG 1v1 yesterday and...

"Wut da fuq? Why am I suddenly losing to Marth? Isn't he supposed to be sh*t?"

This was before I knew about his buffs in the recent patch. Now I'm inclined to believe he's fine now.

It's always possible you simply found a few good Marth players.

Buff: Donkey Kong.

Nerf: Shulk - Either make the Monado's range much shorter or reduce the amount of damage and knock-back.

Palutena - Reduce the range of her Up smash.

I rather give it accurate sweet and sour spots.

All on 120%

Palutena's Feet to Head - Best Launch.

Right above her head to half way - Decent launch.

Half way to end of white area - Pop like launch.

Blue top area - Give not flinch.

I thought I heard Sakurai saying something like this in Miiverse where the top would do basically nothing, but nerfing this would kinda be pointless since she's really bad and no other character does something like this. It gives her variety.

Roy's forward-smash could stand to be toned down quite a bit, to put it lightly. Also, his up-smash has hitboxes way off to the side compared to others of its kind, so those could stand to be trimmed a bit. He would easily still be competitive if they addressed a couple of these excesses.

Roy's usmash's hitboxes are consistent with Marth and Lucina's usmash hitboxes in having that whole "scooping" thing going on.

pedit: checking the raw data, it looks like Lucimath's scooping hitboxes are actually LARGER than Roy's, for usmash. testing in training mode backs this up.

also the only thing I'd nerf is probably rosaluma's uair, and even then not tooooo much

maybe nerf ness' bthrow but idk

re: buffs - I agree with comet; buff like everyone, even sheik and rosaluma (although obviously don't buff sheik / rosa as much as low tier fighters like ganon and lucina)

edit: also lmao at more people say roy should be nerfed than sheik or rosalina

roy has a shitty neutral game and his throw and combo games aren't even that good

Edited by Euklyd

The thing about RosaLuma, I think, is less that they are inherently overpowered and more that fighting against them is artificially difficult. Almost nobody is accustomed to dealing with a character like them in comparison to literally every other character in the cast, Miis included, simply because there is nobody that needs to be fought in quite the same way that they do. Many RosaLuma players are simply capitalizing on this while the getting is still relatively good for them, but eventually players will adapt and adjust and she'll be recognized as just another gimmick to learn--which is, imo, all the nerf she needs.

The thing about RosaLuma, I think, is less that they are inherently overpowered and more that fighting against them is artificially difficult. Almost nobody is accustomed to dealing with a character like them in comparison to literally every other character in the cast, Miis included, simply because there is nobody that needs to be fought in quite the same way that they do. Many RosaLuma players are simply capitalizing on this while the getting is still relatively good for them, but eventually players will adapt and adjust and she'll be recognized as just another gimmick to learn--which is, imo, all the nerf she needs.

But she has some of the most ridiculous moves in the game even without Luma, like all of her aerials are amazing, among other things.