Skills for Grandmaster Severa?

Well, if you have Robin!Severa, then you pretty much have access to everything.

It depends on what you want her to do.

Offense

- Galeforce

- Ignis

- Luna

- Swordfaire / Tomefaire / Astra / AS +2 / Filler

- Limit Breaker (if you can)

What do you want her to do? Offensive? Tank? Utility? Support? Robin's children have as many possibilities as he does.

I think offensive would be best, I'm not a fan of rallybots. Would armsthrift be a good filler?

For full offense, like Apotheosis offense, you want Galeforce, AS+2, LB, Ignis, and Astra. (Luna does less damage than Ignis when you're a Grandmaster and eclipses its proc rate, so equipping it is detrimental).

What's your asset/flaw? For all-around use, I would go;

- Limit Breaker (If you have it, otherwise Galeforce.)

- Ignis (Assuming both Severa's Strength and Magic breach 40 without Limit Breaker.)

- Astra (Ignis is your normal damage buffer, Astra is there for a chance-based kick in the groin.)

- Renewal (It's a cool and flashy way to get 24 HP restored per turn; a total zinger.)

- Armsthrift (So you can use forged weapons carelessly.)

For Apotheosis, I would have her use the following;

- Limit Breaker (Self-explanatory.)

- All Stats +2 (Self-explanatory.)

- Ignis (Damage buffer.)

- Swordfaire/Tomefaire (Depending on whether or not Strength or Magic is higher. Swordfaire for higher Strength, Tomefaire for higher Magic.)

- Dual Support+ (For extra pair-up bonuses.)

I would recommend Lucina as her pair-up unit with the following skills;

- Limit Breaker (Stat bonuses, assuming Limit Breaker increases those.)

- Dual Strike+ (Self-explanatory.)

- Dual Guard+ (Self-explanatory.)

- Charm (To give Severa and other units around her a +5 hit rate/avoid bonus.)

- Bond (Extra healing for Severa and other units around her.)

I hope this satisfies your request and aids you in your quest so that Severa can do her best. Rhyme intended.

Edited by Eldin Tokuro

What's your asset/flaw? For all-around use, I would go;

- Limit Breaker (If you have it, otherwise Galeforce.)

- Ignis (Assuming both Severa's Strength and Magic breach 40 without Limit Breaker.)

- Astra (Ignis is your normal damage buffer, Astra is there for a chance-based kick in the groin.)

- Renewal (It's a cool and flashy way to get 24 HP restored per turn; a total zinger.)

- Armsthrift (So you can use forged weapons carelessly.)

For Apotheosis, I would have her use the following;

- Ignis (Damage buffer.)

- Swordfaire/Tomefaire (Depending on whether or not Strength or Magic is higher. Swordfaire for higher Strength, Tomefaire for higher Magic.)

I would recommend Lucina as her pair-up unit with the following skills;

- Limit Breaker (Stat bonuses, assuming Limit Breaker increases those.)

- Dual Strike+ (Self-explanatory.)

- Dual Guard+ (Self-explanatory.)

- Charm (To give Severa and other units around her a +5 hit rate/avoid bonus.)

- Bond (Extra healing for Severa and other units around her.)

I hope this satisfies your request and aids you in your quest so that Severa can do her best. Rhyme intended.

This is pretty poor advice actually, you NEVER want to go into Apotheosis without either Galeforce or an extremely advanced plan involving VV.

And sibling pair ups do not compare to romantic ones, especially for two girls, because nobody's rocking Aggressor. And you're not even doing a sibling pair there, meaning the DS rate will be nightmarishly bad and it's a horrible waste of Lucina's DS+.

Severa will want to use the skills I specified and marry Sage Laurent, Dread Fighter Brady or Dread Fighter Owain and have a Magic asset on MaMU. With AS+2 she'll be able to hit 75 speed in this build with the latter two, and thanks to the Grandmaster pairup bonuses, they'll be able to hit 69 speed (LQ!Brady just barely fails to hit 75 speed sadly). Brady and Owain would want LB/GF/Luna/Astra/Agg, and Laurent would want AS+2/Mag+2/Agg/LB/Tomefaire.

Edited by Alastor15243

This is pretty poor advice actually, you NEVER want to go into Apotheosis without either Galeforce or an extremely advanced plan involving VV.

And sibling pair ups do not compare to romantic ones, especially for two girls, because nobody's rocking Aggressor. And you're not even doing a sibling pair there, meaning the DS rate will be nightmarishly bad and it's a horrible waste of Lucina's DS+.

Severa will want to use the skills I specified and marry Sage Laurent, Dread Fighter Brady or Dread Fighter Owain and have a Magic asset on MaMU. With AS+2 she'll be able to hit 75 speed in this build with the latter two, and thanks to the Grandmaster pairup bonuses, they'll be able to hit 69 speed (LQ!Brady just barely fails to hit 75 speed sadly). Brady and Owain would want LB/GF/Luna/Astra/Agg, and Laurent would want AS+2/Mag+2/Agg/LB/Tomefaire.

Honestly, Galeforce isn't absolutely necessary for Apotheosis. Some units with it don't hurt, sure. However, it isn't absolutely necessary. I've completed it with only one Galeforce unit, I'm sure you can too. Anyhow, I gave the advice without any prior knowledge on their asset/flaw as-is while satisfying their request for an offensive/main pair-up unit Severa rather than a support pair-up unit. lol Your advice isn't bad by any means, I just wouldn't go around saying it's poor advice on my part without the lack of Galeforce. :V That aside, replacing All Stats +2 or Tome/Swordfaire with Galeforce would suffice as well for Apotheosis, the Lucina pair-up bit was meant as a solid support pair-up unit. I can, however, see the better option of having a Limit Breaker/Galeforce S-ranked partner too.

As for your skill builds revolving around Brady and Owain, I assume Lissa or Maribelle would have to marry Ricken. Brady wouldn't be able to get Astra because of this, ergo, your best bet would have to be Owain. If Brady's father is Lon'qu, he wouldn't have access to Luna in that case. I'd also assume they would be wielding Celica's Gale. Also; I'd personally go with Henry!Owain due to the Vengeance build. With all this said, I still stand by that;

- Ignis (Damage buffer.)

- Galeforce (Since an extra turn to fight or flight is high in demand.)

Is optimal for Severa, whereas Henry!Sorcerer/Dread Fighter!Owain wielding a forged Waste/Celica's Gale should have;

- Miracle (To get in Vengeance-kill range.)

- Vengeance (To annihilate all who approach you.)

- Wrath (Critcal hit boost to go hand-in-hand.)

- Vantage (So Owain can attack with a Vengeance-Crit hit before he gets hit.)

This is more optimal than the Galeforce build listed in my opinion rather than the build you listed. It'd still work of course, I just prefer this myself. If you really want Galeforce too, you can just as easily slap Galeforce over Miracle. Better?

Edited by Eldin Tokuro

As for your skill builds revolving around Brady and Owain, I assume Lissa or Maribelle would have to marry Ricken. Brady wouldn't be able to get Astra because of this, ergo, your best bet would have to be Owain. If Brady's father is Lon'qu, he wouldn't have access to Luna in that case.

Brady comes with Luna. Pegasus Knight turns into Cavalier.

Honestly, Galeforce isn't absolutely necessary for Apotheosis. Some units with it don't hurt, sure. However, it isn't absolutely necessary. I've completed it with only one Galeforce unit, I'm sure you can too. Anyhow, I gave the advice without any prior knowledge on their asset/flaw as-is while satisfying their request for an offensive/main pair-up unit Severa rather than a support pair-up unit. lol Your advice isn't bad by any means, I just wouldn't go around saying it's poor advice on my part without the lack of Galeforce. :V That aside, replacing All Stats +2 or Tome/Swordfaire with Galeforce would suffice as well for Apotheosis, the Lucina pair-up bit was meant as a solid support pair-up unit. I can, however, see the better option of having a Limit Breaker/Galeforce S-ranked partner too.

But Lucina x Severa isn't solid at all. There's literally no merit to it, it does absolutely nothing better than a normal husband. Dual Guard + is borderline useless since you want to be on the attack. And maybe Galeforce isn't necessary, but it's easily the best option, there's no good reason to withhold it from any build outside of a challenge run.

As for your skill builds revolving around Brady and Owain, I assume Lissa or Maribelle would have to marry Ricken. Brady wouldn't be able to get Astra because of this, ergo, your best bet would have to be Owain. If Brady's father is Lon'qu, he wouldn't have access to Luna in that case. I'd also assume they would be wielding Celica's Gale. Also; I'd personally go with Henry!Owain due to the Vengeance build. With all this said, I still stand by that;

- Ignis (Damage buffer.)

- Galeforce (Since an extra turn to fight or flight is high in demand.)

The benefits of Dual Support + are negligible, generally amounting to a 5-10 increase in hit and avoid (critical and critical avoid are largely irrelevant in Apotheosis since luck is high enough on both ends outside of critical builds to render critical hits a non-factor. She's be much better off with Astra to greatly reduce the risk of whiffing.

Is optimal for Severa, whereas Henry!Sorcerer/Dread Fighter!Owain wielding a forged Waste/Celica's Gale should have;

- Miracle (To get in Vengeance-kill range.)

- Vengeance (To annihilate all who approach you.)

- Wrath (Critcal hit boost to go hand-in-hand.)

- Vantage (So Owain can attack with a Vengeance-Crit hit before he gets hit.)

This is more optimal than the Galeforce build listed in my opinion rather than the build you listed. It'd still work of course, I just prefer this myself. If you really want Galeforce too, you can just as easily slap Galeforce over Miracle. Better?

VV is not a team player. You have to build your entire team around VVing if you want to do VV, it's not something that somebody who's making a thread asking for advice would be interested in doing. Besides, it generally needs 100% DS, meaning it's not going to be happening for anyone not married to Lucina.

Edited by Alastor15243

Brady comes with Luna. Pegasus Knight turns into Cavalier.

But Lucina x Severa isn't solid at all. There's literally no merit to it, it does absolutely nothing better than a normal husband. Dual Guard + is borderline useless since you want to be on the attack. And maybe Galeforce isn't necessary, but it's easily the best option, there's no good reason to withhold it from any build outside of a challenge run.

The benefits of Dual Support + are negligible, generally amounting to a 5-10 increase in hit and avoid (critical and critical avoid are largely irrelevant in Apotheosis since luck is high enough on both ends outside of critical builds to render critical hits a non-factor. She's be much better off with Astra to greatly reduce the risk of whiffing.

VV is not a team player. You have to build your entire team around VVing if you want to do VV, it's not something that somebody who's making a thread asking for advice would be interested in doing. Besides, it generally needs 100% DS, meaning it's not going to be happening for anyone not married to Lucina.

Genuinely never knew about the Brady always getting Cavalier part, actually. In all honesty though, you should be able to make any build with any character work as long as their build actually makes sense and coincides with eachother. As for comparing them to a husband, that much is true. Also; Dual Support+ bonuses can actually pull through right when you need them, honestly. Astra can easily get you killed by a random Lunatic+ counterbot. As for Vantage-Vengeance not being a team player, what do you mean? Why would you have to build your entire team around it? Don't you normally incorporate your builds into the team as-is? In regards to Apotheosis however, I can see the lack of need for Dual Support+ due to Rally bots trivializing it. Why not replace it with the more reliable Luna to take out enemies rather than Astra? Astra tends to biff you over after you're pushed into a corner. Also; eh, it's still a pretty close number in regards to the Dual Strike rating. Great advice regardless, though.

Hmmm, the thing is ,I kind of have utter garbage pairs in my main file (I paired up charcters because i liked the supports+ it was my first ever fire emblem playthrough). So, should I make a file with really good/descent pairs who can pass down descent skills to children characters? Aka make a new planned pair and skill run?

Edited by Drift2blades

Also; Dual Support+ bonuses can actually pull through right when you need them, honestly. Astra can easily get you killed by a random Lunatic+ counterbot.

If you're doing Lunatic+, you pretty much never want to be in a position where you're attacking counter units in melee anyway, and swordmaster is a pretty crappy class for Lunatic+ anyway, so that's kinda irrelevant. That build was for apotheosis, where counter never becomes a problem because you can rout and attack from range.

Vantage-Vengeance not being a team player, what do you mean? Why would you have to build your entire team around it? Don't you normally incorporate your builds into the team as-is?

Vantage-Vengeance relies on all enemies attacking the VV unit, and there can really only be one, because you need both 2-range and 100% DS, and that's nearly impossible to do without either DS+ or an absurdly skill-bred Morgan. The other members of the team basically become pointless because the VV unit is going to be doing all of the heavy lifting, and having them even in range of enemies would just ruin the entire plan.

In regards to Apotheosis however, I can see the lack of need for Dual Support+ due to Rally bots trivializing it. Why not replace it with the more reliable Luna to take out enemies rather than Astra? Astra tends to biff you over after you're pushed into a corner.

Luna overrides Ignis (Ignis will only ever proc in the event that Luna fails), and on a mageknight like Grandmaster, that's a problem because Ignis would be doing more damage. Your failure rate might be a bit higher (though not really worrisome), but the overall damage output would be higher.

Hmmm, the thing is ,I kind of have utter garbage pairs in my main file (I paired up charcters because i liked the supports+ it was my first ever fire emblem playthrough). So, should I make a file with really good/descent pairs who can pass down descent skills to children characters? Aka make a new planned pair and skill run?

If you're planning on tackling Apotheosis? Yes. If not, you'll probably be able to manage even with typical first-time pairs.

Edited by Alastor15243

If you're doing Lunatic+, you pretty much never want to be in a position where you're attacking counter units in melee anyway, and swordmaster is a pretty crappy class for Lunatic+ anyway, so that's kinda irrelevant. That build was for apotheosis, where counter never becomes a problem because you can rout and attack from range.

Ah, alright. Where did you get Swordmaster from that, though? lol

Give severa 5 rally skills so she can be a rally bot

I'd say unless you're restricitng yourself from Spotpass units that's a bad choice. Especially for a Robin child who are usually some of the best units in the game. If you have the DLC Palla and DLC Katrina are the best to use, otherwise you can just make a male and female avatar on seperate files add them to log book and then purchase and grind them. It's a bit more tedious but works well.

I used this set up for my two rally bots which got me through regular Apothesis (they work perfectly well for any Rally bot usage):

Male:

-Rally Strength

-Rally Magic

-Rally Skill

-Rally Luck

-Rally Defence

Female:

-Rally Spectrum

-Rally Resistance

-Rally Speed

-Rally Movement

-Rally Heart (DLC skill)

That way you can also control their growths a bit more should you want to make them a bit tankier (though with rescue bots they should never be in danger, better safe than sorry though)

For reference I have a lv2 avi who only costs 5000G to purchase, so not a huge amount by end game.

Edited by Bandit