The best FE smash character is...

Swords and Seals

i think ike barely beats roy out. roy has good tools and mobility, but i think ike's tools flow together better. ike can space people out well with that big sword, while roy can use his speed to get things done, but i feel like ike's playstyle is more reliable. roy's all about getting in, but it's not like ike is helpless in close combat since he has a decent jab and his aerials are safe on shield iirc. ike also has a better time getting KO's, as all of his attacks give a lot of knockback. roy's f smash is really strong, but you need to read people's actions to land smash attacks like that. reading people is certainly possible, but it's not reliable.

i also don't think marth is that bad, but i don't know enough about him to place him above or below roy. it would probably come down to who has better matchups against the top tiers.

I agree with this wholeheartedly, I also feel Marth and Roy is a bit of an awkward comparison, considering they are like nothing alike now in terms of how they play, even in Melee they had their differences, but now its like. They have different mindsets, different everything almost.

Ike is definitely higher on the tier list, however...

Roy, hasn't had nearly as much of his meta explored as Ike. He's gotten very little representation in tournaments, and no one's really brought out a good, competitive Roy yet. So, he could surpass Ike, but only if he starts getting more attention.

Still, at a first glance, I think Ike is a more reliable pick though.

I think Roy's call to fame will be if his dedicated hype'ers can do something with him. Or if ZeRo just does something with him lol.

Ike is the best, potentially top 15 character.

Marcina and Roy are close. I think Marth is better tho especially because of the recent patch giving Marth's aerials less landing lag.

Robin still sucks even after the latest buffs.

My favourite to use is Robin, but there's no doubt Roy is the best out of the five. Compared to Marth, he's faster and easier to sweetspot, so he kills earlier.

Well interestingly enough Esam, who is known as one of the best players and a super good Pikachu. Made a tier list which of now is only at 20

Ranks Robin as the best FE character (At 17th) with Ike at second best (At 20). Who knows if this will be true, but its certainly interesting hearing his reasoning. The videos are in the main smash thread.

Edited by Jedi

Made a tier list which of now is only at 20

esam's not planning to go any further down than 20; he says it'd basically be like, "and here are 20 characters that are viable but not outstanding in no real order"

that being said he plans to do a "10 worst characters" list sometime

esam's not planning to go any further down than 20; he says it'd basically be like, "and here are 20 characters that are viable but not outstanding in no real order"

that being said he plans to do a "10 worst characters" list sometime

I'm actually really excited for a 10 worst list. All I ever hear is how underrated and totally viable everyone is. While there definitely are some gems to be found still, I have a hard time believing that Samus is the only dud in the game. I imagine Dedede and Mewtwo are likely candidates for bottom 5, though ESAM certainly has some interesting (read: super unpopular) impressions of many supposedly lesser characters.

I feel like I don't personally imagine any FE characters in the top 20 or bottom 10. Even with the recent patches, my impression from most pros is that all the FE reps fall between Low tier and Upper-Mid tier. Ike and/or Roy might barely squeak by the top 20, but the results definitely aren't there for them yet. On the flip side, Robin and Marth just got super substantial buffs, to the point that I can't imagine them being Bottom tier any more.

Marth was never bottom 10 even at release. Robin on the other hand...

Top 10 worst as of 1.10 (no customs):

-Samus

-Zelda

-Palutena

-Mewtwo

-Jigglypuff

-Dedede

-Mii Gunner

-Wii Fit Trainer

-Mii Swordsman

-Doctor Mario

Marth was never bottom 10 even at release. Robin on the other hand...

Top 10 worst as of 1.10 (no customs):

-Samus

-Zelda

-Palutena

-Mewtwo

-Jigglypuff

-Dedede

-Mii Gunner

-Wii Fit Trainer

-Mii Swordsman

-Doctor Mario

I honestly only saw maybe 1 or 2 Marth matches pre-patch, so I can't speak to how good/bad he was, beyond that he was underwhelming.

And I'm curious why you put WFT so low. She had really good results at Evo. Granted, she does have some good customs, but are they really so good that they vault the character from bottom 10 vanilla to some of the best results at Evo w/ customs?

Lyn. I'm serious. I mean, she is in the game, she counts, right?

Well, they are working on making Lyn playable in Project M Brawl.

I can't really say which FE character is the best objectively, but my favourites are Roy and Ike.

• 2 weeks later...

Roy, Marth = Ike, Robin, Lucina:

Roy is overall faster than Marth so despite tippers being more potent I'm inclined to think Marth is inferior. Kinda the same reasoning for Roy being better than Ike.

Still prefer Marth in a subjective sense, though.

Edited by Icemario

• 2 weeks later...

This topic got bumped again, and Ike is definitely still the best by far. Between San, Ryo, and Ryuga he has more results than all the other FE characters combined. Results wise Robin has done pretty well with Dath while Marth/Lucina and Roy have no extremely notable mains. I guess Nairo for Lucina, but that man mains ZSS and would honestly be doing the same with ___ character.

Edited by Knife

Ike for sure is the most solid one with the most results. Not gonna deny that Roy is good too, he just doesn't have results yet.

Oh Knife, Sethlon has jumped to smash 4 recently, but I don't think he's done any majors yet as Roy.

Edited by Jedi