What is the best version of the Fire Emblem Theme?

Lantairu

What is the best version of the Fire Emblem Theme?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Best Fire Emblem Theme

• Dark Dragon and the Blade of Light
    • Gaiden (don't know if this counts)
    • Mystery of the Emblem
    • Genealogy of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance
    • Radiant Dawn
    • Shadow Dragon/New Mystery of the Emblem
    • Awakening
    • IF/Fates
    • Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    • Super Smash Bros. Melee
    • BSFE
    • Whatever I missed

The Fire Emblem Theme is an extremely iconic song from Nintendo and has had many different variations over the 25 years of the series. So which is the best? Personally, I think FE4's is the best because it has a huge, epic feeling that really matches the grand scale story of FE4. I also really liked FE3's for being possibly the most iconic version and FE7's for just being awesome.

Edited by Lantairu

You should include Brawl's version.

As for the topic, I can't choose. The Fire Emblem Theme is a beautiful theme, so no matter how they remix it, it'll always sound great to me.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll do that. Should I include Melee's version too?

Hmm, that's a tough one (and I'm already bad at picking favorites).

Probably FE3's, FE4's or FE11's.

Of all the post-NES themes I know, FE8's sticks out less to me than the others, for some reason.

FE1's doesn't have the grand sound that most others do. It sounds rather carefree.

FE2's just doesn't feel like a real Fire Emblem theme (the real Fire Emblem theme in FE2 is in the ending music).

Melee's version was only a remix of Together We Ride.

FE2's theme isn't a remix of anything, but it's still included, so why not?

Personally, I like the overall feel for Path of Radiance's version. To bad it's only heard of at the end of the game. Or I can just go to the sound room or listen to it on my computer...

If I had to take a pick, I'd say any of them but Awakening's. Only the first part of the song was heard until it went into Awakening's theme (whatever it's called). Only the first part was heard AGAIN in Conquest. The entirety of the song was able to be listened to in Id [Purpose], but it's not too noticeable to me.

Final vote: Path of Radiance :)

Probably FE4's version since it's one of my favorites and since a lot of the versions are really good I better go for the one on my favorite FE game.

Path of Radiance's was really good. I remeber when I first played it, I was on emulator and i thought my ISO was glitching when there was no FE theme at the title. But man was it epic during the ending to hear the FE theme and all its amazing glory.

Shadow Dragon and New Mystery use the same version. No need to keep both on the poll.

I vote for that. Starts out big but the most recognizeable part is soft. It's great.

I merged both into the Shadow Dragon option, so if you voted with the FE12 option, might want to change that. Honestly, that's the main thing I like about a lot of the FE Themes. A lot of versions have an awesome flute part or some soft part, then some epic build.

Hmm... Well, at least that's an excuse to listen to all the themes again once more.

I'm quite fond of FE1's version.

After rehearing them again, I'd say FE3, because it's so grandiloquent. It put a smile on my face every time.

I also really love that one part that is heard on FE5 (my second choice, I'd wager) and FE8 version.

FE7 has that amazing last part and opening too.

FE4 one is also quite epic.

Edited by Tamanoir

here, have a write-in candidate: bsfe's version. it's simple (like, probably cheap-ass-midi simple), but it's got a sort of relentless driving beat to its percussion that i really appreciate.

That version is actually really neat for the reason you mentioned. That's probably my new third favorite, following 4's and 11/12's.

That version is actually really neat for the reason you mentioned. That's probably my new third favorite, following 4's and 11/12's.

I just listened and it is actually kind of cool. If you really want I can add it, but I don't know. One of the best things about it I thought is how it combined elements of FE3's and FE4's version similar to how FE5 did, but it was done better in BSFE.

I just listened and it is actually kind of cool. If you really want I can add it, but I don't know. One of the best things about it I thought is how it combined elements of FE3's and FE4's version similar to how FE5 did, but it was done better in BSFE.

You could add it, but it won't change my answer. I think it only changes bookofholsety's. Having the option might be nice regardless of vote changes though. Yeah, I agree with you on that point about the combined elements, though my favorite part is still the driving percussion that holsety mentioned.