Post your Super Mario Maker levels!

Alex95

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the levels I have created are traditional Mario levels without any of the really difficult jumps and huge challenging timings so most of my levels should be beatable for most Mario vets.

ZSS Escape from Zebes

- a 70 second timer level. There are ZSS powerup mushrooms however they are huge risk and huge reward for getting them in certain locations.

BA4A-0000-002A-1C79

Haunted

- a Standard Mario haunted house like level

975E-0000-0027-F784

Air Time

- an autoscroll airship level with a boss at the end.

0E54-0000-0027-D480

Good ol First Levels

- an easy course

- this was designed as a first few sets of levels in traditional Mario sense

84DF-0000-0025-E4C2

First Level

- First level I ever created. Meant to show off the Lucina amiibo really

7109-0000-0018-1F5E

"Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

At first I was really confused, then I saw the lift. I honestly thought I had to like jump across the thwomps or something? That was pretty cool though.

Unless you stand in the wrong spot, the entire thing is pretty much luck based. A fireball could came at you at any time! Jumping across the thwomps, though... Why didn't I think of that sooner? *scheming*

Lucina to the Time Portal

- This one demands you to know how to manipulate Bowser (Grima) movements

- Low jumps and running jumps are key to succeed in this level

- Two morgans will appear later on

- Can you beat it while keeping the amiibo costume on?

AB39-0000-0030-539C

Edited by kingddd

Got a new one: CE20-0000-002F-448C

"Jumpy"
I see why you called it Jumpy.

Most of the levels I have created are traditional Mario levels without any of the really difficult jumps and huge challenging timings so most of my levels should be beatable for most Mario vets.

ZSS Escape from Zebes

- a 70 second timer level. There are ZSS powerup mushrooms however they are huge risk and huge reward for getting them in certain locations.

BA4A-0000-002A-1C79

Haunted

- a Standard Mario haunted house like level

975E-0000-0027-F784

Air Time

- an autoscroll airship level with a boss at the end.

0E54-0000-0027-D480

Good ol First Levels

- an easy course

- this was designed as a first few sets of levels in traditional Mario sense

84DF-0000-0025-E4C2

First Level

- First level I ever created. Meant to show off the Lucina amiibo really

7109-0000-0018-1F5E

"ZSS Escape from Zebes"
That was pretty Metroid-esque level! Good work!
"Haunted"
The Ghost House shenaninigans were real, that was pretty fun!
"Air Time"
Another Mario-esque level, good job.
"Good ol First Levels"
Felt like I was in World 1 of Mario World. I really love levels that feel like traditional Mario levels, so props to that.
"First Level"
A pretty relaxing first level. I liked it.

AB39-0000-0030-539C

"Lucina to the Time Portal"
This was rather creative and actually took me a few tries, good work.

AB39-0000-0030-539C

Cool I'll try it in a bit, you get a chance to play mine?

Also those who have played my stages I got a new one with a simplish design and one that references a certain smash mini game. Although that's the beta version.

Do you want to try Level Ike too, Rando? I know you're not really big on him, but that code is in this thread too, if you want it. :)

I'm going to play more of this game asap, it's too fun! And I've only made one level so far. :P

I finally got a chance to play your level, Ana. I especially like the "Fights for his friends" and "I like Ike" coin spellings. Nice work! Improve on it and make it something only Ike can get through (or at least a Mario dressed as Ike).

I finally got a chance to play your level, Ana. I especially like the "Fights for his friends" and "I like Ike" coin spellings. Nice work! Improve on it and make it something only Ike can get through (or at least a Mario dressed as Ike).

It's "Fight for your friends!" and "We like Ike!" actually. :P But how can I make a level that only a Mario dressed as Ike can get through? Don't all the Amiibo costumes function the same way?

Cool I'll try it in a bit, you get a chance to play mine?

Also those who have played my stages I got a new one with a simplish design and one that references a certain smash mini game. Although that's the beta version.

Cheep Cheep Creek
I liked the priate ship aesthetics. I definitely didn't think about making something like that. Props
SSB64 Race to the Finish!
Hehe it's been a while since they made a proper race to the finish for smash huh? It's great although I feel that it would be nice to have only the initial mushroom instead of another mushroom to make it slightly more challenging but that's just me
Bowser's Vanguard
Short and fun airship level. Finished on my first try. I like it good ol traditional Mario level.
Airship Assault
I really liked the multiple pathways you were going for at first. As much as I like the first part, the 2nd part was kind of eh because it felt like another typical rush to the finish and really nothing bad happens when you just hold the run button. It has a lot of great premise but the ending felt lackluster despite the aesthetics.
Feathery Test (Basic)
As a Mario vet, this was definitely no difficult to pull off. Although for beginners I can definitely see some problems for them to try and pass this. Luckily the 1 up is good to help them out but it won't really do much if it was in the 100 Mario challenge considering there is a 1up cap limit. Good idea but I think more space is needed. Definitely can be expanded on.
Water Hazard
I enjoyed the ending where it's high risk and high reward. Classic level design.
Keep it up!!

Hey Kingddd. My friend wants to know if you'll plat his stages too after he saw you playing mine.

He'll play your stuff too.

sure not a problem. Send me a course id and I'll follow and play his level.

Edited by kingddd

It's "Fight for your friends!" and "We like Ike!" actually. :P But how can I make a level that only a Mario dressed as Ike can get through? Don't all the Amiibo costumes function the same way?

First off, sorry, I was not looking at the screen.

Second, I was pretty much making a sarcastic remark. Of course all the amiibo costumes function the same way. I was just stating that you should make a much harder level. Test your limits, then put Ike in it! Make a level you think only Ike could do!

Thanks for the input too, yeah the ending of Assault was kinda eh, I felt like having an epic running scene haha I'll stray from it later.

OK one of his stage IDs is...FD2A-0000-0023-3C9E

Making a level for a specific character is easy. Someone recreated Zebes for a level with the Samus costume. For FE characters, try to recreate a map from an important battle they were in.

Making a level for a specific character is easy. Someone recreated Zebes for a level with the Samus costume. For FE characters, try to recreate a map from an important battle they were in.

Not possible though, since FE games aren't side-scrolling like Metroid and Mario. Their maps are way different. And before someone says "how do you know, you haven't played Metroid" I did play it through Amiibo tap. xP

Not possible though, since FE games aren't side-scrolling like Metroid and Mario. Their maps are way different. And before someone says "how do you know, you haven't played Metroid" I did play it through Amiibo tap. xP

I played a recreation of The Battle For Altea (FE 1 or 11) in Pushmo. It was actually a very unique and challenging level. Just do something similar for Mario, but make the plains empty squares or something.

I played a recreation of The Battle For Altea (FE 1 or 11) in Pushmo. It was actually a very unique and challenging level. Just do something similar for Mario, but make the plains empty squares or something.

I know like next to nothing about Pushmo, but from what I've seen, it still looks pretty different from Mario. So sorry, not going to try that. I still don't think it's possible. So please people, stop trying to force me to...

Hey Jedi let your friend know about what I think.

Pipeline Reef

I love the level design but the enemy placements annoyed me more than it should have. I think the spawning goomba from the pipe is the main culprit that screwed me over more than all other enemy placements. It's a bit too clustered because of it. It was challenging at first but it was pretty easy to adapt to after dying for the 5th time but most of it was me trying to figure out the level design and it has been a while since I played Mario bros 3.

Lakitu's Bob-omb Raide

The shortcut made the level a real breeze but the normal route was more frustrating than it should have been. The hidden fire flower in the middle part threw me off and it was tedious to destroy all the blocks with the bob-ombs in that area since it's using traditional 8 bit Mario, I could not grab any the bob-ombs nor reposition myself better. The fire flower when you do find the hidden block in that area still makes the task really tedious and goes on for a long time when you use the fire flower to reposition those bob-ombs. It would be nice if it was in a different Mario style game that is not the original game.

Breakblock Madness

I felt the secret pathway to get to the 8 giant 8 bit Mario was not worth it. The beanstalk that leads to the pipe was cleverly placed but when you use the red koopa troopa to get to it, the pathway it opens is usually very inaccessible and I once had it where the block for some reason broke and it made it easier to get under for some strange reason. The pathway is too narrow to get through especially for big Mario. The rest of the level was not really a problem after although there was a lot of those typical troll moments. The beginning concept was done right with the heavy reward for the giant 8 bit Mario but the accessibility to it was too difficult to get through. Good ideas but the rest of the level kind of did not do too much for me.

Swimming the Jelly

The hidden stuff was neat and the level itself was fun without anything that frustrates the player. I enjoyed it.

Cargo Conondrum

The three way pathways in the autoscroll section was a lot of fun and I enjoyed how it requires the players to do low jumps to get to that fire flower with the throwing wrench moles. Overall, I feel this is the best design level he has made and it would awesome if it was expanded further since after I got through the third part, I was kind of disappointed it ended there.

Edited by kingddd

Ngh... I've only got room for two more levels to upload. I really don't know what kind of levels I should go for in order to maximize star rank output and increase my upload limit. Though at the same time, I wouldn't be able to make intricate, crazy "just press right and run" or "do nothing" levels with the level playing itself and Mario barely dodging everything.

On a side note, I literally can't believe that people have actually killed themselves in my "This Level Better Have a 100% Clear Rate" level. I mean, I saw my "teaching Mario basics" level fluctuate above/below 50% and thought "maybe I should make a level where people are guaranteed to win, so it'll be a level everyone can beat the first time and it'll literally be something even a beginner couldn't die in." Sadly, two people (or one person who did it twice) found the only way they could kill themself that I couldn't fix (I won't say how, since I don't want SF lurkers reading this and purposely lowering the clear rate in my level further) in that level and did just that. What do I have to do? Use conveyor belts, one way gates, and auto scrolling so it'll literally be a 100% clear rate level that's impossible to lose? >_<

Now going to my (well, my brother's, technically) hardest level (A Simple Trail By Fire), it still remains unbeaten. It'll be fun to see who's the first SF member who can beat it. I probably should've let him fix it and make it easier and more fair before uploading it, but it's kind of fun and awesome having a really hard level uploaded that doesn't rely on Kaizo World type gimmicks.

Hey Rando I'm gonna try all of those levels in a bit, wanna have a crack at mine and my friends?

Yep, I've tried them.

Your spiky underwater maze level was quite fun. I never realized how many small spike gaps Powered up Mario could swim through without getting hit by them. It was plenty fair and none of the level elements were too cheap or made the difficulty artificial.

The jellyfish underwater level your friend made was really fun. It felt really suspenseful and hectic with how fast the screen was moving and how jam-packed the level was with jellyfish, yet it stayed completely fair and possible.

As for your friend's shoreside level, that was really fun and an awesome tribute to 7-2 of SMB3. I did feel like the level was a little too cramped with enemies at certain areas, but it was still manageable and okay.

I'd be interested in hearing your analysis for my levels (well, you can skip the 100% clear rate one, since there isn't anything to comment on, and I didn't have the tools to make it a guaranteed win yesterday.)

On a side note, I've unlocked the pipes to lower areas or whatever it's called, but I don't know how to activate it in the Level Maker.

Do you want to try Level Ike too, Rando? I know you're not really big on him, but that code is in this thread too, if you want it. :)

I've played it and enjoyed it. It was definitely a fun and fair level, and the coin words were a neat touch.

The Abandoned Forest Warehouse: COMPLETED!!!

Nice. =D

So without going into too many spoilers, what did you think of the puzzle overall, and how did you like the... erm... surprise waiting for you at the end of the level? I'll admit, that level isn't entirely fair and those kind of mean tricks are better suited for secret exits. If secret exits were able to be implemented in Mario Maker, I would've made the actual exit the secret exit and done away with that... certain element (you'll know what I'm talking aboutafter playing The Abandoned Forest Warehouse).

I saw your Miiverse comment, Rando, awesome. :D

I started making another level, but then I got kicked off the TV. Gonna move my Wii U into my room tomorrow, since my stepdad said I could do so. I never did before because my parents liked to use it for Netflix.

I know like next to nothing about Pushmo, but from what I've seen, it still looks pretty different from Mario. So sorry, not going to try that. I still don't think it's possible. So please people, stop trying to force me to...

You're fine. Converting Fire Emblem levels into a 2D platformer game is ridiculous and wouldn't really seem like a Fire Emblem level no matter what you did. They're entirely different games with entirely different styles of play and whatnot. However, people encouraging you to try and make a CHALLENGING level is perfectly acceptable and I encourage it as well. Really, just keep making levels in general, you'll get the hang it, don't stress yourself out about it.

------------------------

And now for more impressions, because calling them reviews implies I'm professional.

"Pikachu's Adventure"
I always find these Costume themed levels really cute, but this one was still a decent level as well.
"Armada"
I think the whole flying and shooting level concept is really interesting, but this level really threw a lot at you at once.
"Keep running"
This level was pretty interesting, but the name was just a little
"Climb Mario"
Levels that make sprites out of the blocks are really cool concepts! Good work. That Koopa right at the beginning is rather cheap though. I couldn't really find the exit either.
"'Climbing' Level: with Lakitus!"
I couldn't actually complete this because the Lakitu would throw Piranha Plants right on the edge of platforms where I needed to jump to.
"Castle Stroll"
I hope I'm not just too critical of your levels, I guess my skill level just isn't high enough for this stuff.
"Aprendiendo los Saltos"
A nice little short level. Was this the first one you made?
"Trampas en lo Profundo"
Relaxing little water level, yet there's a bit of challenge too.
"SSB64 Race to the Finish! (Beta)"
Cool little concept! The flying trampolines were a nice little touch. Each floor having different hazards was also pretty cool.
"Cheep Cheep Creek"
The Cheep-Cheeps were plenty present as the name implied. Good work as always, Jedi.
"Breakblock Madness"
Interesting concept, 2hard4me though.
"Cargo Conundrum"
Nice alliteration. I love Airship levels too much to give honest critique.
"Multiple Routes or Something"
I love this idea, and you executed it fairly well, but the saws got a bit much at times.
"Rookie Level or Something"
I really like the insistence on teaching the player wall jumps, I don't think I ever actually saw that in the 2D Mario games but it has been a while since I've played any of the ones with wall jumps.
Edited by Deviddo