Monster Hunter Generations

Batter the Beast

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Hunting Horn gets buffed? I'm interested in the concept of the weapon since its... cool, but seeing the MV data and the speedrunning gameplay, it get much less attractive

The double note system is a huge buff for horns, and it actually gives healing horns some viability since you can get two heals in one song. The purple/green/red note combo (AuL, S Healing) might see more usage than in previous gens due to this, though I think purple/red/orange and purple/blue/orange will remain the most popular note combos because of the fantastic song lists (AuL/Rock Steady/Song Duration Extend and AuS/Negate Stamina respectively). But, in general, the double note system makes the weapon have to play less songs overall, which is always good since playing songs against more aggro monsters doesn't happen much.

As for styles, Bushido HH is probably going to be the most used since it only loses the double A swing (lol) and now we know that the 3 hit combo after dodging can be cancelled after any swing, meaning it's super safe. The extra mobility after a dodge isn't really needed but being able to set up 3 notes super quickly is a huge boon. The HH specific arts are pretty awful honestly, so only having 1 art slot isn't bad at all. Aerial can also be pretty good for the double swing in the air, but I'm skeptical on aerial in general, especially against the endgame moving hitbox monsters that are oh so common.

So yes, HH got super buffed, though the HH's arts are terrible. To be honest I'm fine with it not being a speedrun weapon, since being a speedrun weapon + the utility it has in buffs and exhaust would be absolutely broken.

MHX better be released in the West. I believe it just came out it Japan, so I would anticipate a Wetsern release announcement soon if there is to be one.

On one hand, it will be kind of frustrating to start over from 4U (I'm G2, so I'm not exactly an expert yet), but I've done it before with 3U. On the other hand, Nargacuga hype!

MHX better be released in the West. I believe it just came out it Japan, so I would anticipate a Wetsern release announcement soon if there is to be one.

On one hand, it will be kind of frustrating to start over from 4U (I'm G2, so I'm not exactly an expert yet), but I've done it before with 3U. On the other hand, Nargacuga hype!

if the trend from MH4 continues, we'll only get the announcement once the G version comes out. after all, if we wait a few months for the announcement and a few more months for the release in the west, then the G version will be just around the corner, so it'd be irrelevant.

that's obviously assuming there will be a G version, which isn't totally certain, cause they seem to be treating X as a bit of a spin-off rather than a mainline title (hence it's not MH5)

Well, apparently the game does not use improved textures on the Nu3DS; people initially thought it was a demo only thing, but that does not appear to be the case.

I've got to say: Capcom is making better looking 3DS-games than Nintendo.

• 3 months later...
This thread has been dead for a while but hey, this game has been confirmed for the West in Summer 2016 as Monster Hunter Generations!

Also, Gaijinhunter has recently released a video detailing the game's features for those who are interested

Really neat stuff, I like using a different weapon per game so I'm not sure which one I'll go with this time :P:

Also the Marth costume is kinda neato.

Striker Lance is still calling my name. I'd like to roll CB as well, but the game gives you very little in the way of zenny in low rank- meaning you'll run out of money if you try to juggle more than a couple individual weapons.

I really liked insect glaive in MH4U. The insect was sooo powerful but I did also like mounting to give myself an opening to go ham with triple buffs. However with the addition of aerial style I might be tempted to try relearning Lance, though the mobility is a whole different mindset from playing IG. Hmmmmmmm...

Well, this is interesting. There were nearly two new weapons in this game: the Hunting Hound and the Wyvern Boomerang http://www.siliconera.com/2016/03/04/monster-hunter-generations-almost-two-new-weapons/ .

Not sure whether I would've preferred these over styles for every weapon; it would've been neat to have another gunner weapon type, at least.

Although it's not the same as the concept art shown there, palico hunters at least get an opportunity to use boomerang centric combat. In fact the palico hunters with a point build system are apparently super fun to play, plus there's all the hunting styles, it's easy to understand why we didn't get new weapons. MH5 might revisit these ideas in the future anyway.

Well, the Monster Hunter Community Manager over at Capcom Unity made a blog post about certain localization changes. So far:

Raizex->Astalos

Gammuto->Gammoth

Tammamitsune->Mizutsune

Dinovaldo->Glavenus

Bushido->Adept

Nyanta->Prowler

"Astalos" has the "ast" root (which I believe has something to do with lightning), and the "-alos" part signifies it being Rathalos' most direct rival.

Gammoth is the only one that I don't really like; it sounds too plain.

Mizutsune literally means "Water fox" apparently; I can't argue with that.

Glavenus has the obvious "glaive" in the name (though people are already mocking it with "Glaive Anus").

Adept gets the point across much easier than Bushido.

Can't argue with Prowler; Nyanta was too much of a Japanese pun.

EDIT: Actually read the post instead of skimming. "Forest and Hills" are now "Verdant Hills", and the "Snowy Mountains" are now the "Arctic Ridge"; you could say these are floofed-up because they're technically re-makes of pre-existing maps... except the Misty Peaks are still the Misty Peaks.

Also, the new area is "Jurrasic Frontier". Ah... okay.

Edited by The DanMan

The localized names are pretty good except for Glavenus. Doesn't really sound as cool as Dinovaldo, though Glave Anus is a funny nickname.

I've heard really good things about Striker SnS so I'm going to give that a shot.

I've heard really good things about Striker SnS so I'm going to give that a shot.

Same here, though I can't tell if it's more effective than Bushido when it comes to stylish bombing.