I really need help

Bongo_Bongo

P81cwWk.png

I'm trying my best with these mugs, but they don't feel right. I'm quite rusty, and I'm having a hard time

adjusting to the Fire Emblem style. Hair and shading are my biggest issues.

I know that there are lots of great spriters here, though. Does anyone have any advice?

Nice work, so far.

For the first one, I'd recommend moving the collar so that it doesn't line up with his chin exactly, it makes it look rather flat. The collar also rises a little bit too much in the back. Also, I feel as if his left (our right) eye should be moved a pixel closer to the other one.

As for the second, I'm having a hard time determining what type of material that his outfit is made of.

With the third, I think his armor needs a bit more contrast.

The fourth one is my favorite, I think you did a fantastic job with the face. The only thing that really strikes me as off is her left (our right) shoulder where the fringe rises far away from her shoulder. I think it doesn't really fit the angle she's at.

All-in-all, these are realy nice, and I hope to see more from you.

The girl's face is a bit overshaded. FE fringes don't cast that much shadow.

The shoulders are a bit off with all of them - it almost looks like the far shoulder is turning in (which is not how shoulders work). Rather than seeing the outside of the shoulderpads it would be more likely that we see the tops or the backs at those angles.

You also have a tendency to shade your eyes like a colour gradient, which is not really true to FE style either. Reference other mugs with bigger-ish eyes to get a good feel for this.

Overall I think you've done a great job but there's definitely room for improvement!

This is only a very slight update, but I want to know if I'm on the right track.

u2qNbj5.png

I adjusted the collar on the first guy, but not anything else. The eyes are kinda wonky, but I can't really reposition the eye without making major changes to the other parts of the face, and I'm a bit lazy.

The red guy's armour looks like crap, so I'm going to redraw it. Here is a rough sketch of the new one. I redrew the last guy's shoulder to make it fit too. Finally, I changed the eyes of the last two characters

slightly. The girl wasn't really finished when I posted the first sprites, but I'm still going to take your advice into account when I do finish it. That will have to wait though, since I'm currently a bit busy and her hair is

giving me lots of trouble.