Still hyped?

nyainou

I'm personally still excited for it even after pretty much spoiling myself with everything!

This is probably bad of me to say but I don't really play Fire Emblem games for the story so does it suck that the story wasn't as great as they said it would be? Yeah, but does it bother me that much? Nah.

Most of the flaws are things that I can overlook or not even partake at all so I can still mostly just focus on the good things about the game.

Edited by carefreejules

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man I feel all of this on such a personal level.

Yep.

I thought Awakening was really fan service-y because they thought it would be the last in the series, so with Fates I really expected some epic story telling.
I remember when the older games really made me care about what was going on, even if it wasn't the best story telling, they had a way of staying fairly serious. Fates will be great, and hopefully the translation team can remedy some issues, but it does seem like they're catering to the player far too much. I have sooo many issues and annoyances with the marriage system. I don't want my precious younger siblings to be wed, but if I want all the units, exp, etc then I have to sit through the build up of an awkward relationship that doesn't feel real or meaningful in any way. The child characters are also trivial and dumb, but they outshine the first gen units that actually have a semblance of story importance, and it makes me really sad. :<

Dayum. Should us three just make a group of 3 and Call our self's the Triangle Attack, maybe?

You know what I'm really afraid of? That they'll not localize the game at all (at least not in Europe.) I have had a very, VERY bad feeling about the whole 2016-shtick and that feeling still hasn't vanished. In fact, it became a panic and now I'm afraid that they won't bring the game to Europe or Germany for that matter (kinda like they did with Pokémon Conquest *fumes with rage*).

So yeah. I'm hyped, but at the same time, I'm scared. And I can only play international versions on international 3DS systems... *cries in a corner*