Hinoka, the Goddess of Fates

william2734

Which describes best how you feel about Hinoka?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Goddess of Fates if you dare (1-10)! Please also comment!

• 1 - I find her revolting (well I find YOU revolting!)
    • 2 - I guess I've seen worse
    • 3 - Kinda mediocre
    • 4 - Not the best
    • 5 - Meh, okay I guess
    • 6 - She's cute, yeah
    • 7 - I'd tap that
    • 8 - fanboy/fangirl right here
    • 9 - near perfect
    • 10 - waifu 4 laifu

Design-wise? She's my absolute favorite. In terms of personality, she's cliche, yet charming as a strong female character that isn't overly sexualized. She is the mother to my favorite version of Sophie I've created, which gives her mega points. She's a royal, and while that means she worships Kamui, that is literally the only negative comment I have. She makes a great mother and is a valuable fighter, though I suppose a tad underwhelming in some regards. No one is a 10 in my book, and she's only a 9 within the cast of Fates, but she's still a fantastic character and within my top three for the title.

Edited by Xylaugheon Daily

I think she's cute, and being a good unit helps, but she's still very unremarkable. Probably one of the more forgettable Royals. Her hair color looks terrible on a ton of kids too

Not my favorite royal sibling but she is a reason why I like about Hoshido. Hinocopter~

Would be better if they gave the Royal sisters some type of special weapon... not super special like their brothers... but something at the least. Why no super lance, 2 super staves, and super axe IS... Why? (Of course super staff might be too much...)

Bit off topic I guess.

For Sakura and Elise, I honestly wouldn't mind if they'd just, I dunno, gave them an infinite use staff perhaps?

From a storyline perspective it'd be weird though

I'm not sure what to say for Camilla. Hinoka....I'd say something like the Guard Naginata, but I'm not sure how to change that

Honestly? I like Hinoka a lot. I prefer her over Camilla personality wise and design wise. I also have a thing for redheads. She's not my favorite royal (that'd be Takumi and Leon) but it goes about:

Takumi/Leon

Elise

Hinoka/Ryouma

Sakura

Marx

Camilla

[spoiler=Might be spoiler-y]I wanted to like her because she (along with Camilla) are the first older sisters of the lord who are actually warriors. Not passive healer types like Elice and Emmeryn. Which is why I'm disappointed that she's the least important sibling in the plot and is too Kamui-centric.

Designwise she's ok, I like her hair and face but the clothes don't stand out to me (should've been a prepromote like Camilla IMO, Falco outfit would be rly cool)

Personalitywise she really grew on me in her supports. I genuinely enjoyed a lot of her supports and I really like her as a person.

Shame her story role is very, very shafted. It would be great if she had a lot more presence in the story itself considering her status as one of the siblings.

Overall she's one of my favorite characters as I tend to judge more by personality than by design and I do take supports into account fairly heavily.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I find her the most interesting of the Hoshidan royals. 'Strong' characters who were screwed up by something in their childhood are totally my weakness, and I like the way it's presented in her supports.

Her costume design is also super cute, peg knights are one of my fav classes, and I've heard she's supposed to be a pretty good unit, too. Atm, she's my favorite Hoshidan character.

I tried using her twice and she just turned out mediocre as a pegasus. Then I reclassed her into a Basara and she managed to be pretty awesome with high defense and resistance, good strength, and enough magic to make the Shinrai Naginata deadly.

I tried using her twice and she just turned out mediocre as a pegasus. Then I reclassed her into a Basara and she managed to be pretty awesome with high defense and resistance, good strength, and enough magic to make the Shinrai Naginata deadly.

She has really good growths, how'd she turn out "mediocre"? I guess PEMN? lol

I would guess the caps aren't as fitting for her/go as high as they could.

Her and Tsubaki both did low damage, had high speed, no real defense, high resistance. Tsubaki has never turned out great for me, either. This happened on both times I've tried Hoshido, first on Normal, then on Lunatic.

Also, does Lunatic have static levelups? I've restarted some chapters and used characters in different orders, but their levelups always seem to be the same stats in the same order.

Edited by Celice

The peg growths themselves are fairly low. Her personal is high, though. I heard she's really great going Holy Lancer.

Well even with Peg growths, her odds are still pretty much 1 in 2 chances of gaining a point in the majority of her stats, which is quite good.

Her and Tsubaki both did low damage, had high speed, no real defense, high resistance. Tsubaki has never turned out great for me, either. This happened on both times I've tried Hoshido, first on Normal, then on Lunatic.

Also, does Lunatic have static levelups? I've restarted some chapters and used characters in different orders, but their levelups always seem to be the same stats in the same order.

I can understand Tsubaki, cause he has a growth of 30 (40 with peg), but Hinoka has 55 with Peg growths.

Sounds too much like PEMN.

Edited by HTakara82

Here's what to expect:

Hinoka's Growths:

Pegasus --> Falcon or GKW

Personal: 45% HP, 45% Str, 15% Mag, 40% Skl, 45% Spd, 40% Lck, 35% Def, 40% Res

Pegasus Warrior: 45% HP, 55% Str, 15% Mag, 50% Skl, 60% Spd, 60% Lck, 35% Def, 60% Res

Pegasus -> Falcon promotion: +2 HP, +2 Str, +4 Mag, +1 Skl, +3 Spd, +1 Lck, +3 Def, +3 Res, +1 Move

Falcon Warrior: 45% HP, 55% Str, 25% Mag, 50% Skl, 60% Spd, 60% Lck, 35% Def, 60% Res

Pegasus --> GKW promotion: +1 HP, +1 Str, +1 Mag, +4 Skl, +1 Spd, +1 Lck, +2 Def, +1 Res, +1 Move

GKW: 45% HP, 50% Str, 15% Mag, 55% Skl, 60% Spd, 55% Lck, 35% Def, 55% Res

Switch to Lance Fighter:

Pegasus --> Lance Fighter: +1 HP, +3 Str, +0 Mag, +1 Skl, -1 Spd, -2 Lck, +3 Def, -4 Res, -2 Move

Lance Fighter & Holy Lancer: 60% HP, 60% Str, 15% Mag, 55% Skl, 60% Spd, 45% Lck, 45% Def, 45% Res

Lance Fighter --> Holy Lancer: +1 HP, +3 Str, +0 Mag, +2 Skl, +2 Spd, +1 Lck, +2 Def, +1 Res, +1 Move

Lance Fighter --> Basara: +3 HP, +1 Str, +5 Mag, +1 Skl, +1 Spd, +3 Lck, +2 Def, +4 Res, +1 Move

Basara: 65% HP, 55% Str, 25% Mag, 50% Skl, 55% Spd, 55% Lck, 40% Def, 50% Res

I can understand Tsubaki, cause he has a growth of 30 (40 with peg), but Hinoka has 55 with Peg growths.

Sounds too much like PEMN.

Personal experience is why I ended up dropping her because she wasn't worth wasting the slot, because there were better characters waiting to replace her, and they didn't have such shitty stats as Hinoko did.

But I guess some players will forgive a unit turning out bad because they're *supposed* to be what the unicorn averages say they would.

Oh, it makes sense to drop a character if they get stat-screwed…. PEMN in terms of expectation values when discussing whether a character will turn out good on average, but PE means everything within the context of your individual run, as that's what you actually need to be concerned with.

Oh, it makes sense to drop a character if they get stat-screwed…. PEMN in terms of expectation values when discussing whether a character will turn out good on average, but PE means everything within the context of your individual run, as that's what you actually need to be concerned with.

That's true, no point in keeping a character around, if they got stat screwed. I've heard about people get stat screwed by Ike in PoR, I've played that game like a dozen times, and never had that happen to me, so I had a hard time believing it.