I keep getting Karel

Alastor15243

So I'm on Kenneth's chapter 25, and no matter what happens, I keep getting Karel. I've killed fewer than three promoted units, I've killed ALL the promoted units except Kenneth, it doesn't seem to matter, I just always get Karel, I never get Harken. Are the guides mistaken or misleading or something? How do I get Harken?

What's the suggestion for how to best go about doing that?

Either turtle down to the bottom right of the map away from enemies or charge straight at the boss with a small cast to avoid attacking the prepromotes. Careful though, Harken comes in as an enemy.

Honestly, Harken is much easier to get on Jerme's map than Kenneth's.

I think the last time I recruited Harken on Kenneth's map, I did so by only killing the enemy... General, I'm pretty sure... in the southwest building, and leaving the Bishop in the middle and the Sniper in the northwest alone.

But the Bishop can be pretty troublesome, so you might want to get him and leave the two prepromoted enemies in the outbuildings alone instead. I'm positive that if you leave them alone, they'll leave you alone.

Edited by Paper Jam

Actually check this site, because every time when I've played and recruited Harken, I did it by doing what it says on that site.

That's wrong. SF's info is correct.

Ah, so it's a maximum of ONE, not two?

What's the suggestion for how to best go about doing that?

Pick two of the following.:

-Just leave the Druid/Sniper in the north west room alone. It's a ways away so this shouldn't be difficult, and I don't think it will come after you if you stay out of its range.

-Tank out the Bishop's Purge and don't open the northern door to let it out.

-Leave a unit with good avoid and/or Def/Res to block the south west room unequipped. Only one or two weak enemies should be able to attack each turn. Be careful, though, because reinforcements eventually come down here.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire