A Question About Children

Dai

So, I heard something about how, in all available routes, as a male avatar you can not marry certain women or else you'll leave one of the men out? Can someone explain this? 'Cuz it seems like a silly oversight, and, if true, is something that I hope is given a patch to fix.

Yep, as a male avatar, if you marry a first gen non-Kamuisexual female unit, it is impossible to get all children because you will leave one male without a partner. This can be rectified only by marrying a Kamuisexual or a child unit. It won't be given a patch, because there just aren't the supports there and they won't write new ones and code in the necessary things for it, so unfortunately you're gonna have to pick a guy on each route to be alone and miss out on his kid.

Edited by nordopolica

Since children now are tied to men instead of women, making a male avatar increases the competence and there just isn't enough 1st gen women for your avatar to marry a 1st gen woman. You can avoid this by marrying a woman that can only marry Kamui (Yuuigiri, Flora, Crimson, etc.) or a children character like Soleil, Syalla or Ophelia.

If you make a female character, the opposite is true as you increase the number of fertile women.

One of your men is going to die a virgin, choose wisely. This is less of a problem in Nohr, though, since due to the anti-grindy nature of it all you really have to go out of your way to try and get all the children.

Edited by Crushingon

This seems like something that could have been avoided simply by making at least one more available woman in every route. As it stands, it looks like only two out of NINE files are going to actually have EVERY single character. =\

I don't put much thought beyond whom I think I like best with each other. =\ For example, I always liked Ricken and Miriel together due to Laurent's conversation with Ricken in Future Past.

I think they did this on purpose so players do have to think about their units and figure out the best supports rather then running around willy nihilly and just basing it on who's hair color will look better on what kid. Sadly that's how one of my friends played the game of Awakening.

Ah. Next question, 'cuz I just saw something that surprised and...baffled me.

[spoilers]Can Azura actually marry Xander and Leo..? 'Cuz...I thought they were actually SUPPOSED to be siblings.[/spoilers]

Edited by Dai

Yeah, they didn't think this out.

We have enough characters, the issue is that they made those like Crimson - Corrin-sexual when they shouldn't have. The game practically begs you to do Crimson x Ryoma, they're always together and he's very close to her.

Yes, Aqua can.

Edited by Pretty_Handsome

Ah. Next question, 'cuz I just saw something that surprised and...baffled me.

Can Azura actually marry Xander and Leo..? 'Cuz...I thought they were actually SUPPOSED to be siblings.

They are step siblings.

Aqua is the daughter of the King of Touma and Shenmei. After the former was killed by Anankos Shenmei fled to Nohr and married Garon, taking Aqua with her.

Don't worry, the awkwardness is still there. Aqua can marry Ryouma and Takumi and they have a sibling relationship.

One of your men is going to die a virgin, choose wisely. This is less of a problem in Nohr, though, since due to the anti-grindy nature of it all you really have to go out of your way to try and get all the children.

Grinding is by nature "going out of your way" so it isn't really easier to get all the kids in Hoshido, they just have more grinding options. Nohr players can grind support points by doing my castle battles.

Edited by NekoKnight

Even though Takumi didn't seem to accept her and they all know she isn't related to them.

Doesn't stop all the "Aqua-neesan" comments from Takumi. Their C-A support (shallow as it is) is basically Aqua wishing they could be closer as siblings and Takumi getting over his wariness of Aqua.

And then the S rank hits and "I've always loved you as a woman."

You know I always thought that having more available guys than girls in awakening was to avoid this sort of thing happening (it still could mind because Sumia was so picky that if you failed to marry her to Chrom, Henry, Gaius, Fredrick, or Robin no Cynthia for you) Guess having more guys than girls available to get all awakening kids was a coincidence after all since there is no similar safeguard here.

Doesn't stop all the "Aqua-neesan" comments from Takumi. Their C-A support (shallow as it is) is basically Aqua wishing they could be closer as siblings and Takumi getting over his wariness of Aqua.

And then the S rank hits and "I've always loved you as a woman."

You know he would have to say that right? Also by the sounds of their support, that "sibling relationship" never conneted at all if Aqua felt like they should be closer as siblings.

Interpret it how you like. I'm just telling you what happened in the support. It ends with Takumi saying "From now on, as an older sister and younger brother, let's exist hand-in-hand."

I still think them getting married felt really weird.

well add that to the list of S supports I shall never get until the fateful day where I must finish my support gallery 100% T_T

It was kind of a boring support anyway so no loss there.

Kisaragi looks good with Aqua's hair color though