FE8 Ephraim Mode Reverse Recruitment Draft

General Horace

PATCH: https://www.sendspace.com/file/wa20c5

Before the holidays started, I pretty much finished up work on a reverse recruitment patch based on the recruitment order of Ephraim route (excluding postgame characters) that included swapping Myrrh and Orson (something the other patch didn't do) for fun. I wanna run a draft of it to make sure I didn't accidently mess up something one way or the other, and there's stuff like promotion items that needed to be changed since the recruitment order is now different. I just want a few people to play through and maybe provide suggestions on promotion item changes and other changes i've made mainly:

- Since Myrrh is now Seth, I made a slightly weaker dragonstone for her for earlygame. She's still ridiculously strong and gets OP really fast, but she can't really rescue anyone and has 6 movement. I dunno how to implement her into the draft though, Syrene is really lame early on and aside from Saleh, a lot of the units you get early are also pretty bad.

Her earlygame dragonstone is 10MT, 85 hit, 5 crit with the following stat boosts:

1ff68eb58b703b9934f998d040887891.png

- As far as I can remember, I've given Natasha (who replaced Cormag) a Guiding Ring, and made the droppable Guiding Ring in the Ewan/Marisa chapter a droppable Elysian whip (since you get a TON of magic users early). I gave Ephraim's promotion item to Neimi (who replaced Marisa) for no apparent reason other than to make it exist. I don't think I changed anything else but I could be wrong.

- I made Seth (who replaced Myrrh) a level 10 promoted unit, since Myrrh is supposed to essentially make sure you have someone who can fight the demon king. I made Seth fulfill the same niche.

as for the rules, i'm willing to discuss them but here they are for now. The patch should be done within the hour, just need to touch up a few things. Here's the changelog with character stats and starting items (NOTE: some of the starting items are incorrect... probably...) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13FH_vigVftOg4EjeipdCJ9Y7vd-RvOVbUHdZ_YrLNWo/edit?usp=sharing

Drafting:
1. This draft is for 4 players.
2. Syrene, Amelia, Tethys, Kyle and Seth are free for all to use.
3. Myrrh is banned from all use*
4. The game will be played on Eprhaim Hard Mode You may not choose to go Eirika Route (mostly because I didn't change anything there...).

Rules:
1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, rescue undrafted units and NPCs, trade, visit Shops and Armories and dig up items in the desert.
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, and opening Doors or Chests.
3. Map shopping is allowed.
4. Skirmishes/use of the Tower or Ruins is disallowed. Skirmishes that are blocking your path may be activated and immediately fled from.
5. Defend chapters count the last played Player Phase for turns if the timer is waited out.

Penalties:
1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter.

Exceptions:

1. Myrrh is free for all while forced. She is banned from chapter 4 onwards.

Teams:

General Horace - Saleh, Innes, Duessel, Vanessa, Ross, Garcia, Lute

Gradivus - Ewan, Gerik, Dozla, Joshua, L'Arachel, Gilliam, Eirika

Doofina- Cormag, Artur, Orson, Rennac, Forde, Ephraim, Colm

Icemario - Tana, Knoll, Natasha, Marisa, Moulder, Franz, Neimi

Edited by General Horace

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: If Amelia replaces Ephraim (since it says on the doc), and we're required to go Ephraim mode, why is Amelia not free?

Never mind, she's there now.

I'll pick Cormag.

Edited by Doofina

I forgot to mention, Syrene has her own PRF, it's essentially another Reginleif, despite what the description says, it's effective against the same things Reginleif is effective against. Natasha also doesn't spawn on an island like Cormag does, so she's actually recruitable.

Here's the patch: https://www.sendspace.com/file/wa20c5

Edited by General Horace

So loyal that he's willing to die for the sake of the story going on. Though I don't know how he'll take to having a corpse in his bedchambers! :P:

I wanna see some screenshots of this in action. I'm worried about Tethys, unless the event doesn't start her off half-dead or the axe guy has crap% hit on her!

Yeah, Sages have incredibly bad promotion gains in everywhere but defence, and Saleh's magic/skill growths are pretty low, so he retains a lot of stats. He actually still needs a couple speed procs to double reliably, Ewan is roughly just as good.

Syrene is hilarious because she has 13 HP and 6 speed as a pegasus knight. She's really not that bad though, her prf is really good early game.