Pairings that make the more sense

Enaluxeme

Gregor is at least 30. None of the females save Nowi, Tiki, and Flavia are even 10 years his junior. How is Frederick worse to pair anyone with? Granted, had events in Awakening been different, I think Frederick would instead marry Emmeryn.

Uh, no one said that Frederick was worse. And I have a hard time pairing Gregor with pretty much anyone for exactly what you just said.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do agree that Freddy/Lissa is a great support. I just don't like them as a couple myself because of the huge age gap. No way am I putting a 14/16-year-old with a man who's gotta be at least 26.

What do you think of anyone with Nowi, then?

Edited by ChickenWings

Libra can also give Owain the Dark Mage class and I don't know if I would say that Odin hair is white. It looks more like a really light blond than pure white to me. It definitely looks more blond in his My Room model.

Oy, isn't this an Awakening thread? FE14 and its expies can stay in their own forum where they belong.

Each support is "pandered" to Robin to make "more sense" to appeal to the player's choice of waifu or husbando.

Details for a "happy ending" for tailored to each character only presented in the S support.

Such as changing the "evil" bonus characters for good.

Or getting Sumia to stop immersing herself in her own world.

Or getting Tiki to get over "Onii-chan".

Or building Olivia's theater.

I prefer to think of it more as Robin using their plot-absorbing Sue powers for good by negating certain spouses' negative character traits (such as Nowi talking about her age, or Cord talking about Chrom).

But it definitely bears repeating: stuff "making sense" is completely subjective. My pairs from above make perfect sense to me (even though none of them are normally possible), but no matter how much I explain and rationalize, they're not going to easily do so for anyone else. Does that mean they don't make sense? No, because they do so for me. Making sense just isn't a very good metric- this might as well be a "why do you ship your ships" thread.

Making sense just isn't a very good metric- this might as well be a "why do you ship your ships" thread.

You're pretty much saying the words I couldn't form. Thank you.

And probably against the majority who like MaMU and Lucina together... the drama DC says no to that. Gerome x Lucina. Hell, they have two Morgans.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I think that it is going to be really hard to prove any pairings for the children. Plus because of Fates we have to take Inigo, Owain, and Severa out of the equation. Kjelle might also be gay so there's that as well.

Your Nowi x Ricken is interesting. However you said that Nah would be one of the youngest which isn't true since in her support with Inigo she has says that she is the same age as him. Out of all the children Laurent was probably the youngest before they went back in time. This is because he is actually sent back to past 3 years before Lucina combining to a total of 5 years before joining Chrom. So this could make Ricken a likely candidate for his father.

Thank you for your post!

Ah, gen 2 is a little harder to prove but I guess it means their parent conversations will hold more weight into who got with who xD

Even with fates, I don't think that would knock that pairing out since they appear.

In the Nah's harvest scramble convo, she states that she is closer in age to Morgan, which puts her at a younger age than most of the other children. Laurent has also stated his father forgets things which seems to hint at Vaike.

What do you think of anyone with Nowi, then?

I do find it to be rather ew. Even though I planned to put her with Ricken, I had to force myself to do it. She may be over 1000 years old, but she's still a kid by manakete standards.

Edited by Anacybele

Thank you for your post!

Ah, gen 2 is a little harder to prove but I guess it means their parent conversations will hold more weight into who got with who xD

Even with fates, I don't think that would knock that pairing out since they appear.

In the Nah's harvest scramble convo, she states that she is closer in age to Morgan, which puts her at a younger age than most of the other children. Laurent has also stated his father forgets things which seems to hint at Vaike.

I thought Vaike was asking if Laurent forgets his things like he does. (Fathers ask Laurent if he inherited a quirk from them in the C support).

Chrom X Sumia is so heavily implied to be "canon" that I'm not even going to bother to explain why I believe this to make the most sense. Besides, that way, Cynthia's recruitment parralogue has a whole new dynamic, and she really does have two hero parents to look forward too! Lucina also wanting to know how Chrom met her mother would be awkward to Chrom: Not so much in Japanese, but in the English localisation... pies.

Lissa x Lon'qu without question. We all know why this works if we've seen their supports as well as the father child supports, along with Owain's starting class.

Now for some of my favourites story wise...

Virion X Olivia seems to make sense. A womaniser like him goes for a dancer, and their son also turns out to be all about dem ladies himself (if only somewhat. There's a lot more to his character in all honesty but I'm pretty sure Chrom doesn't have the genes to create Inigo.) Of course Virion would be proud of him!

Apparently a "good friend" told this to Olivia to tell Inigo. This was probably Basillio. Virion debunked...

Gregor x Nowi due to the age dynamic also makes a lot of sense.

Say, can we show CHILD pairings?

If so, Owain x Cynthia (I know they can be cousins) is so perfect. The hero wannabes are now gonna work together as heroes to achieve a shared dream. Exhibit A:

"Owain set off on a lengthy quest with Cynthia to "stay his sword hand." Their semidelusional journey was said to be one of much mayhem and mirth."

Unlike most of the other pairings, Cynthia isn't mentioned to be anything less than completely willing to go on this journey.

Edited by Minedreigon

Apparently a "good friend" told this to Olivia to tell Inigo. This was probably Basillio. Virion debunked...

Actually it was Maribelle that told Olivia that, so Inigo behavior is independent of his father.

Actually it was Maribelle that told Olivia that, so Inigo behavior is independent of his father.

Oh? Nevermind, still debunked :[ Bas could never be a dad to her son anyway.

Edited by Minedreigon

Personally, I don't really give two figs bout pairings and would rather everyone just stay at A Support (I mean, have you seen those endings? They do so much justice for every unit when standalone, instead of the majority one-sided endings). However, when I actually do, there are some that I favor, along with some that just "feel right".
Chrom is an odd case. One could easily just say Sumia right away for the convenience, but really, there isn't much base to it, other than the fact that "IS says so" (to the point that out of all of Sumia's ending's its only with Chrom where she doesn't put down her lance and instead "lives and breathes for him" as Queen). That notion does carries over for Cynthia, tho i admit it is a hard case to make, which I will get to, one I reach Sumia, but really, all of Lucina's sibling recruitments are rather pandering to Chrom in some way. Inigo having the Brand isn't ever mentioned past that one moment, tho it coincidentally works in his favor for the sibling support, which imo detracts from the siblings respectfully, and Lucina's parental support detracts from her mother as well. No matter which one that Chrom ends up with, they do not seem to tie well completely throughout the whole family, where Inigo seems to be the most likely sibling, but Sumia seems to be the most likely mother. As such, Generic Maiden it is.
Lissa/Lon'qu for sure. Owain's father support has them taking an arrow for them. Lon'qu does the same thing for Lissa, along with being myrmidons, which, aside from game play reasons, are only from Chon'sin. Then there's how Lissa is the first to ever interact with him, at all when recruited. At first, for Lon'qu, I went with Olivia for both hailing from Ferox, along with their matching archetypes, and Inigo's starting with a Killing Edge of all things, and even tho I much prefer them, the evidence for Lissa is just outstanding. Then there's Owain t consider. He starts as a myrmidon, which naturally links to Lon'qu, tho that doesn't help in his personality, which only seems to link to Henry. Come to think of it, ALL of Henry's endings are one sided in favor of whomever he chooses to marry, as opposed to the usual vice-versa. He's a wildcard, that one, who seemingly could father just about any of the children. But the fact that he's a wildcard is what I like about em.
I've always gone with Sully/Stahl for their matching Cain/Able archetype that has the two complement each other (Stahl is more or less the only person who she's ever seemed to have been okay with him besting her, and even then, he's modest about it) their unique paired ending, along with how Kjelle's inability to cook directly relates to Stahl's gluttonous personality. Altho, the idea behind Sully/Kellam someone mentioned was certainly an interesting thought and nearly had me up til getting to Kjelle. Her ability to disappear only occurs with said armor in said support. Kellam, himself, just lacks presence all together, that Sully only gets around because she actively looks for him in their supports. Literally, every support they have minus the S support starts with Sully calling out to him.
I only put Sumia/Chrom together out of pure convenience, and when you take Chrom out of the picture, the closest candidate would have to go to Frederick. Regardless of who Sumia may go with, she always has this devotion to Chrom and the Shepherds, which is something that both she and Frederick share and complement each other on Sumia's just.... too much of a klutz, but tries her best, regardless. Frederick directly supports Sumia's efforts of doing so, and eventually join in the endeavor.
[spoiler=From Their C Support]

C Support:

Frederick:

Apologies, my lady. You must find my prattle to be terribly dull. I have often been criticized for what some consider to be an excess of zeal. Such devotion appears to make my comrades uneasy.
Sumia:
Well, I think it's wonderful!
Frederick:
...You do?
Sumia:
Absolutely! You're an inspiration, Frederick. There's no other word for it. Look at all you do for Chrom! It makes me wish I was more like you. I'm so sick of being the girl whose main contribution is falling on her face! I know we all need levity in these times, but I would still prefer to do more.
Frederick:
I don't know what to say. You're the first person who has ever understood what I'm trying to do. Perhaps we should join our causes to each other. We could be the grease that keeps the Shepherds running smoothly.
Sumia:
Now THAT is a splendid idea!

This carries throughout the entirety of their supports

Then there's Cynthia, as I said I'd get back to. Y'all remember her paralogue, where she mistakens a crook for Chrom, that most would think could only make sense if that were her dad. Well, assuming that the knightly devotion of duty toward their lord between both parents carried over to their child since Sumia's klutziness happened to have, there's your secondary candidate, with Frederick as the father, without it being out of place.

Maribelle/Ricken: Ricken's first part in the story was his bold action to save Maribelle. Their supports take off and develop directly from this event along with complementing each other's endings. One could argue about her supports to Libra, which she was inspired by him to magistrate equal justice among social class, but when left unpaired, her ending states that she does that anyway,. Even if that is a great point for him, had it not been that she does that on her own, its somewhat mute as a result. And their paired ending does not really support Maribelle's goals of being a magistrate and instead only focuses on Libra's orphanage.

[spoiler=Maribelle's Endings]

Unpaired:

After returning home to Themis, Maribelle became a magistrate who demanded equal justice for nobles and commoners alike.
Maribelle/Libra:Many an unfortunate child found joy in the small orphanage Libra and his wife built after the war. Sadly, Maribelle's sharp tongue and proud attitude rubbed off on the tykes, making them quite the handful.

Maribelle/Ricken:

While continuing to study magic, Ricken realized how childish some of his actions had been. Maribelle went on to be a magistrate, and the couple leaned on each other for the rest of their days.

Then there's Brady, whose emphasized as being of noble lineage. With that in mind, one could assume that both of his parents more or less could/should be nobles, which aside from Chrom could only be either Ricken or Virion.

... I burned myself out on these. I'll figure out others later

Vaike x Cherche: During Vaike and Gerome support conversion Vaike mentions Chrom a lot which is something i did not see him do with the other children that i had him with in the past (Note that i have not seen all of Vaikes conversations with his possible children so feel free to point out something if i am wrong).

They also have a very similar hair style, not color.

.... Wow, I actually never though of it that way, holy shit it actually DOES.

Source? I'm inclined to think that's a Vaike-specific convo.

I thought Vaike was asking if Laurent forgets his things like he does. (Fathers ask Laurent if he inherited a quirk from them in the C support).

Sorry, I should have checked that one...

In the C support with his father, it's not that Laurent states his father forgets things but rather that he scolds them for losing their item which seems to hint at Vaike as he is prone to forgetting things like ChickenWings said.

• 4 years later...