Soleil Support Changed in NA/Europe Localization + Shara/Syalla Name Change

stahl_gaius_fan

Well, I'm okay with the Soleil change so long as they make her supports either still reflective of her character archetype, or change her archetype either entirely or just be less of an archetype and more of a rounded character. I just really want her to have some justice since I like her overall and plan on marrying her in a save. Plus the line MaMui gives her about her smile being like the sun is just so adorable. I hope they keep that one in at the very least. As for Syalla/Rhajat, I didn't read her supports/don't remember em too well so I don't know how off-putting they were when they weren't meant to be so. As for first comment, I guess this ambiguity also means Zero/Niles' changed as well, which I find to be a minus because I really like his down and dirty sadistic and off-putting personality.

-Edit-

Nvm, I misread "gay conversion" as "gay conversation". I hope they don't change Zero though.

Edited by Kanethedragon

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really didn't see anything wrong with it the support (but that's just my opinion), it's nice to see Nintendo takes the criticism from fans into consideration and acting upon it. :^_^:

[spoiler=Shara....]So Sharja is now Rhajat... I think I could get used to that(?)

Just pronounce her as Rajah, like Jasmine's tiger from Aladdin. Tell me that's not a sleek name for her now

I don't understand why people thinks Kamui drugs Soleil. I mean, it's magic powder. MAGIC. Yes she didn't know, but it's not like he gives her something bad. It's not alcohol neither. It's magic, like a cast, but Kamui isn't a sorcerer. It's more like you give at your friend something spicy with her food for a joke than a drug to rape her. Or it can even be compared to medicine in this case.

(besides I recall you are in a game were you kill people)

Censoring is bad anyway, because if you let translators do what they want, they'll censor also good points. Changing one aspect of the game would not change de writing of the story who is bad. The game is already published in Japan, and changing one thing into the occidental versions will not change the new spirit of the franchise, who is more and more fanservice.

Consent.

That's it. Consent comes before the action, never after.

and are we really getting mad over Not!Tharja's english name

Some people consider Opium to be Magic Seeds, and Cocaine to be Magic Powder.

He gave her something, involuntarily, which forced hallucinations. That's a Drug, man.

Yes. So here you'are really in a world were magic exist(or you can suggest the entire game is a dream from a junkie, but at this rate...)

Consent.

That's it. Consent comes before the action, never after.

and are we really getting mad over Not!Tharja's english name

And if you take this like a medicine? And even in this case, Soleil ask Kamui to help her, and this is magic, and limited in the time.

Yes. So here you'are really in a world were magic exist(or you can suggest the entire game is a dream from a junkie, but at this rate...)

And if you take this like a medicine? And even in this case, Soleil ask Kamui to help her, and this is magic, and limited in the time.

Considering there's very little known magic in the FE-verse that related to alterations of mind, body possession, or other things, I'm supposed to just assume that this world happens to have magic that allows it?

Your suspension of disbelief and mine are two different things, for I'm over here considering the likelyhood of something existing in a world where certain types of a thing exist (Types of magic) and you're over here saying "well magic exists so anything is possible".

The point is, Benedryl, NyQuil and Cocaine are all drugs. If someone gives you something without your consent, and it alters your body's chemistry, it's a drug. Hallucinations are a symptom of many drugs.

These are scemantics. the fact is that if you're giving anyone anything that alters their mind or body in anyway it's your job to let them consent to it first.

We could argue night and day why this isn't as bad as it's being made out to be and I won't argue against it, but consent is a big topic right now and people are going to be annoyed by the poor presentation of it.

It doesn't matter what it is or does, you don't give something to somebody that may affect their perception on things without their permission. If I were Soliel I'd be angry with Corrin. Even if the intents were good, it doesn't justify the action, it'd be like if I were to break into your house to clean your room.

No. It can't be considered as a drug because the powder don't change what the person who take it can think. The comparaison stop here because magic have precise effects. It's more like anesthesia.

This is why we can't consider Kamui did a bad thing. He gaves the powder without evil intention, the effects are barely inoffensives, and besides, she asked him for help for something who needed drastic actions.

It's like saying when you give vegetables hidden in the food for your children, this is bad because they don't know.

No. It can't be considered as a drug because the powder don't change what the person who take it can think. The comparaison stop here because magic have precise effects. It's more like anesthesia.

This is why we can't consider Kamui did a bad thing. He gaves the powder without evil intention, the effects are barely inoffensives, and besides, she asked him for help for something who needed drastic actions.

It's like saying when you give vegetables hidden in the food for your children, this is bad because they don't know.

or it's like looking up the definition of what drugs are and what they do

740ec848c7.png

And in your situation, what Kamui did was respond to Soliel's request for help by

1. Administering magical "powder" without checking to see if she was allergic or receptive to them
  2. Slipped it in her drink, something in which is commonly refer'd to in this society as a "Rufie", or "date rape drug"
  3. While doing it with "good intentions", employed huge risk in not being aware of how it could impact her before introducing her body to something it wasn't known to have interacted with
  4. Not even knowing her for that long, and having documented evidence from her/other sources stating that Soliel even had a problem to begin with

The power to alter someone's perspective of gender sounds like it could have some seriously disastrous consequences. (falling in love with someone they otherwise wouldn't, for example) Also, aren't there people who get addicted to anaesthetic drugs?

You can't use Soliel's asking for help as an excuse either. If I asked my friends to solve my problem with women, and they go and hire a prostitute, would that solve my problem? Maybe from a certain perspective, technically yes, but I sure wouldn't appreciate it.

I guess Corrin could have just said "it's just a prank bro" and it would be justified I guess.

The power to alter someone's perspective of gender sounds like it could have some seriously disastrous consequences. (falling in love with someone they otherwise wouldn't, for example) Also, aren't there people who get addicted to anaesthetic drugs?

You can't use Soliel's asking for help as an excuse either. If I asked my friends to solve my problem with women, and they go and hire a prostitute, would that solve my problem? Maybe from a certain perspective, technically yes, but I sure wouldn't appreciate it.

I guess Corrin could have just said "it's just a prank bro" and it would be justified I guess.

Or

If I asked you to help solve my debt issues

So you crashed a helicopter into my parent's home, killing them and netting me their life insurance money via incredible fraud

But hey, you were trying to help me out, right :D

Because alcohol (ethanol specifically) is a drug that has been scientifically proven to have a number of impairing effects on the body's ability to function, including poorer judgement and decision-making skills, impaired motor control, vomiting, confusion, disorientation ETC. Not only that, but it has been proven many, many times that alcohol intoxication, even in minor cases, can lead to crippling or even fatal accidents. Just go onto google and look up how many people have made stupid decisions because of the negative effects alcohol has on judgement/decision-making and severely hurt themselves or others, or how many people have killed someone because they decided that they're not that drunk and perfectly capable of driving home, or even how many people have passed out and choked to death on their own vomit. Here, let me tell you a story now; there's a friend of a friend I know who got drunk and had his drivers license suspended for:

a) driving home drunk

b) doing almost, potentially more than three times the speed limit (140+ in a 50 zone)

and c) driving down the wrong side of the fucking road

It's a miracle that he didn't get himself killed (and a part of me kind of wishes he did). That it was alcohol does to people.

Now let me ask you this, what effect does this powder have on people other than making people see men as women? Does it cause anything to happen to Soleil other than what Kamui said it would? No. It's not a powerful drug with well-documented side-effects, it's a freakin' novelty item! It doesn't even change the sound of their voices! If it had been used in a support by Orochi, or Lissa from Awakening, or whoever the hell you want as a prank. Like tricking someone into believing they'd entered an alternate reality where everyone's gender was reversed, would you be comparing it to spiking someone's drink with alcohol? No, it'd be a prank. More like spiking someone's tea with salt or lacing their food with ground-up chili peppers than anything else. Would they be a dickhead for doing that? Yes. I would definitely be mad (if only for wasting perfectly good tea), but I would in no way make any comparisons to an attempted drugging with alcohol or Rohypnol.

Yeah I got you, I can see what you mean, thanks man!

I recall, it's magic. Allergic to magic?

Mixing magic and facts of our world is not correct. Comparisons always have their limits. Drug someone is bad because the drug itself is bad. This magic powder isn't bad and isn't drug, i'ts magic.

The only bad thing is she can be addicted to this powder because the effects are pleasant(without altering her conscious). But like you can be addicted to video games...

Drug someone is bad because the drug itself is bad.

No, the drug is bad because we make it bad. Drugs have plenty of medical applications, yet if it isn't prescribed by a professional, then it may not do any good, and even then, doctors usually tell the patients the drug's effect and risks.

I managed to get my hands on a kind of magic powder… I’m really sorry, but a little while ago, I poured some of it into your drink. The person who drinks that powder… somehow becomes able to see other people as the gender opposite what they actually are!

It's powder, meaning that unless it was materialized through thin air, the powder was either enchanted or ground up from something.

That being said, the source he even got it from isn't mentioned, so unless you trust every person you meet to not give you drain-o when you ask them for water, you're still taking a risk.

I think I wrote it before, but in my opinion it basically boils down to the old quote "The end does not justify the means", meaning that even if the outcome is good, it does not validate the methods used necessarily as good...or something like that.

Drug someone is bad because the drug itself is bad.

No, drugging someone is bad because your now introducing an altering substance into someones system without their consent, this is true even if the drug has virtually no side effects.

I recall, it's magic. Allergic to magic?

Mixing magic and facts of our world is not correct. Comparisons always have their limits. Drug someone is bad because the drug itself is bad. This magic powder isn't bad and isn't drug, i'ts magic.

The only bad thing is she can be addicted to this powder because the effects are pleasant(without altering her conscious). But like you can be addicted to video games...

lel cool story bruh, but stop trying. You aren't trolling anyone if that's what you're trying to do, and your previous comments were riddled with spelling and grammar errors. Plus your logic is relatively flawed just like Japan's Black Knight escape route. Just stop trying to make our eyes bleed and waste others' time in pointless arguments. It's not cool. There's already enough stupidity in the world as is, don't contribute to it.

lel cool story bruh, but stop trying. You aren't trolling anyone if that's what you're trying to do, and your previous comments were riddled with spelling and grammar errors. Plus your logic is relatively flawed just like Japan's Black Knight escape route. Just stop trying to make our eyes bleed and waste others' time in pointless arguments. It's not cool. There's already enough stupidity in the world as is, don't contribute to it.

He is French, not everybody is a native english speaker. Also he is trying to have a civil discussion, there is not need to tell him to gtfo.

Edited by CrimeanRoyalKnight

I think I wrote it before, but in my opinion it basically boils down to the old quote "The end does not justify the means", meaning that even if the outcome is good, it does not validate the methods used necessarily as good...or something like that.

No, drugging someone is bad because your now introducing an altering substance into someones system without their consent, this is true even if the drug has virtually no side effects.

In this case, this isn't drug. it's like the exemple you quoted, when you give salt in the tea of someone, you aren't drugging him.

but in the two cases, the process remains the same.

This powder is more like used to do prank than really use for evil intention. If you place a whoopee cushion on the chair of a friend, will he be mad because you could also place a bomb?

It's powder, meaning that unless it was materialized through thin air, the powder was either enchanted or ground up from something.

That being said, the source he even got it from isn't mentioned, so unless you trust every person you meet to not give you drain-o when you ask them for water, you're still taking a risk.

It's Fire Emblem fates, not a game were we compare the magic with the madness of capitalism. And if you don't trust the main character...

And even in this case, it's like my exemple withe the vegetables given to your children. They can be allergic, and is not proper of a drug.

Yes, it can after all have negative effects, but don't compare this with drugging someone, it's definitely not the same thing.

In this case, this isn't drug. it's like the exemple you quoted, when you give salt in the tea of someone, you aren't drugging him.

but in the two cases, the process remains the same.

This powder is more like used to do prank than really use for evil intention. If you place a whoopee cushion on the chair of a friend, will he be mad because you could also place a bomb?

No side effects aren't exactly the same as effects, a lot of drugs has side effects, some drugs has strong side effects others are nearly non existent but for a few people out of thousands.

Even without the unfortunate implications Soleil and male Kamui's supports are simply badly written.

Soleil suddenly has issues talking to women, despite the fact she seems to do it fine in every other support she has, and Kamui conjures up some magical powder of plot convenience to fix said issue in a really stupid, roundabout way. But Soleil falls in love with him because he was a pretty woman.

Thank god they got rid of it, because there is no salvaging something that contrived.

For the Soleil issue, if there are people that still want to defend it by saying it was a prank or there's no bad effects, then just put yourself in "her" shoes. If someone slipped you ANYTHING, without your knowledge (even worse a drug at that--magic or not it was an unknown powder Corrin just got....somewhere), wouldn't you be upset? It's not even about the fake characters. It's about the fact that this represents drugging people (or doing anything to someone for that matter) without their consent. as okay cause "it'll just work out in the end". Nintendo games are often played by kids (yes even if Fire Emblem is targeted/rated for teens or whatever).

Do you want your kid/little sibling/little cousin whatever thinking that it's okay to just put some random substance into someone's drink? Oh but it was just a prank...Oh but I meant well...

Like many people are saying, "the end doesn't justify the means".

Edited by kisooni