Did anyone else find FE9's story to be... less than compelling?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I borrowed Skies from a friend of mine, I just have to ask him again for it, because I never actually beat the final boss. The story in game was fine as well the battle engine and ship-to-ship fighting which I thought was just awesome. A great game I think, too bad there weren't voice overs or good graphics. Definitely beat FE9's plot.

oh him? he's lame...looks lame too...haven't played mind you...but you can tell from the looks...Ike just is awesome, you can't question that

Vyse has a flying ship, and 2 swords that can change color whenever he feels like it

Lloyd's dad is over 4000 years old...not to mention Lloyd has a sword that controls time and space (thus rendering Palkia and Dialga useless)

I can question that quite easily.

And Lloyd can't beat Arcues. =D

I have one of those. It sucks. It's only decent stat is HP, which I don't care about.

Also, back on topic a bit, I like the story because Ike is a champion of justice. Because mercenaries fight for the power of good in the universe.

Wait, did I mention this before?

I swear that's not how you spell the pokemon's name...sorry...I thought it was him initially, but I didn't remember there being a U in its name...

no, but when you get Lucia and Bastian, that chapter, Ike was like, "I'm going to save Geoffry, because that is what my employer wants. Yes I am the Duke of York (ok, not quite), but I am still a mercenary and still hired by Elicina to protect her and do what she wants, and right now she wants to save Geoffry, so that's what I'm going to do"

there he was not fighting for good (getting Elicina to safety), he was being a mercenary...look, saving people isn't good...

I like Castlevania because sequence breaking is fun. Trying to beat the final boss on level 2 (recommended is around 50-60) can be a bit of a challenge especially because he kills you by thinking about looking at you.

Randomly, one of the spelling suggestions for Castlevania on Firefox was "televangelist." Weird lolz.

Oh, and linear storylines are FTW. Running around without a purpose is borink.

"Hey, let's run around killing stuff!!! And then do random other activities, then go and battle some guys!"

"Do we ever get to win? Or even find out why we are killing everyone?"

"NO!!!! THAT WOULD BE LOGICAL!!!!! WE LIEKS ANARCHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"umm, right...I'll be leaving then"

I can question that quite easily.

And Lloyd can't beat Arcues. =D

well the boss at the Tower of Mana seal was an Arceus for all points and purposes...it was stupidly horse-shaped and has lots of spikes protruding from it...

unless an Acues is to Arceus as Danved is to Devdan

Acues has the strength of 10 retarded and giant horses...of which Arceus (and thereby the ToS-ified version of Aceus) is one of them...