[Team If] Fire Emblem Fates - Content Restoration (v1.3) (PLEASE READ OP)

luyairis

There are no english voice files for the face rubbing feature. They might offer a version with everything reenabled, but english voices, but then there'd just be silence for most of the Amie bit.

The only voice files of Amie in the NA version are the actual support convos once you've reached a certain level of affection, all the moans and giggles and such don't exist in the NA version.

I haven't played so far into the game so I mistaken the final english part to be actual conversation just lacking the original feature :(

thanks for correcting me

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of my mistake, I still appreciate the effort on this project, how long does this usually takes ?

There was an estimate on the first page of about 2-3 weeks. I've also been reading some twitter feeds of people on the project and apparently most of the re-enabling (for amie and the swimsuits) is fairly simple. So the bulk of the work is translation since a lot of Amie stuff doesn't have a translation yet.

Also the translation (if its the same translation that's been floating around) needs some editing.

Edited by Notius

There was an estimate on the first page of about 2-3 weeks. I've also been reading some twitter feeds of people on the project and apparently most of the re-enabling (for amie and the swimsuits) is fairly simple. So the bulk of the work is translation since a lot of Amie stuff doesn't have a translation yet.

Also the translation (if its the same translation that's been floating around) needs some editing.

There's already a working version of the dub with Kamui voices fixed. SciresM said the accessory shop stuff is quite simple. Amie isn't HARD per se, but it will require at least 2 weeks of serious coding. (So expect at least 3 weeks).

As of now, we probably won't even translate Amie, we'll just patch it back in.

And yeah, the translation is undergoing lots of fixes right now.

Hey, I've been reading through this and the outdated IF translation OP and was hoping someone wouldn't mind checking my 'math'. From what I can tell I have two options here. Use a SE w/ the patch or downgrade my 10.3 FW to 9.2 and use a Conquest/Birthright copy with DLC paths and patch them myself with CFW.

I just want to stress I can tell you guys have put a lot of effort into making this as clear as possible, and I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. thanks again for your hard work and consideration.

P.S. Do we have a list of things actually removed from cartridge? I've heard a large amount of audio has gone missing!

Hey, I've been reading through this and the outdated IF translation OP and was hoping someone wouldn't mind checking my 'math'. From what I can tell I have two options here. Use a SE w/ the patch or downgrade my 10.3 FW to 9.2 and use a Conquest/Birthright copy with DLC paths and patch them myself with CFW.

I just want to stress I can tell you guys have put a lot of effort into making this as clear as possible, and I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. thanks again for your hard work and consideration.

P.S. Do we have a list of things actually removed from cartridge? I've heard a large amount of audio has gone missing!

Unfortunately, almost no effort has been put into making it clear. What you can do with various system menu versions:

10.6: Play the JP version on any 3ds region with everything but DLC, provided you have OoT, Smash or Cubic Ninja.

10.4-10.5: Same as 10.6, but you don't need any extra games beyond Fire Emblem.

9.4-10.3: Same as 10.4-10.5, but you can also downgrade to 9.2 to open up more options.

<9.2: Patch everything, including DLC, and still play online. This is hard and we don't usually provide tech support.

The main things people care about getting back are the JP names (ex: Xander -> Marx), full Amie, swimsuits, and JP voice acting. These are all partially to completely absent in the NA release. There are also many modifications to the script, and while that's not objectively removing something there are still plenty of people who prefer the JP version.

In terms of what game does what, both Hoshido versions allow Hoshido only without DLC, both Nohr versions allow Nohr only without DLC, the JP SE allows Hoshido and Nohr without DLC and the NA SE allows all three without DLC.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

You're gonna want at least an 8 Gig SD card to be on the safe side.

Damn, I just installed homebrew on my 4GB card without reading this :cry:

Does anyone know how big the patch size will be? I only have 2-3 games in my sdcard. If I deleted all my games, will it have enough space?

Before I type up some advice, I have a separate question: For the localization release, were the swimsuit models/functionality removed entirely, but the text data was left behind? I've heard mixed reports.

To whoever wants to set up your 3DS:

If you're on 10.4 or less and you want to downgrade to 9.2, you basically want to install MenuHax to be able to use sysUpdater. In order to do this you can run the Browser exploit, but if that doesn't work you can use something like Cubic Ninja or OoT 3D with their hax. Basically follow these steps up to downgrading the console to 9.2: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-more-or-less-catch-all-tutorial.407080/

When you downgrade properly, don't freak out if the 3DS turns on with a black screen like I did:

If you're getting a black screen on boot, try restarting with the SD card out of the console and then insert it and change the theme to wipe Menuhax.

Once you're downgraded, uninstall MenuHax and follow these steps exactly to set up emuNAND and have it autoboot when your 3DS turns on:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-setting-up-9-0-9-2-n3ds-xl-for-cfw-including-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/

It'll take a while the first time (took me like 3-4 hours), but it's great. I love it, I turn on the 3DS, it boots to a quick loader, skipping sysNAND, and autoboots ReiNAND if I don't touch anything. That way if my 3DS ever restarts, it'll never take me to SysNAND unless I hold the button I assigned down.

Don't ask me for specific advice btw, I'm at work and won't see. :P

Edited by Jacien

Damn, I just installed homebrew on my 4GB card without reading this :cry:

Does anyone know how big the patch size will be? I only have 2-3 games in my sdcard. If I deleted all my games, will it have enough space?

Most undubs for HANS in range of 1-2 GB so since patch will include at least japanese voices...

Unfortunately, almost no effort has been put into making it clear. What you can do with various system menu versions:

10.6: Play the JP version on any 3ds region with everything but DLC, provided you have OoT, Smash or Cubic Ninja.

10.4-10.5: Same as 10.6, but you don't need any extra games beyond Fire Emblem.

9.4-10.3: Same as 10.4-10.5, but you can also downgrade to 9.2 to open up more options.

<9.2: Patch everything, including DLC, and still play online. This is hard and we don't usually provide tech support.

The main things people care about getting back are the JP names (ex: Xander -> Marx), full Amie, swimsuits, and JP voice acting. These are all partially to completely absent in the NA release. There are also many modifications to the script, and while that's not objectively removing something there are still plenty of people who prefer the JP version.

In terms of what game does what, both Hoshido versions allow Hoshido only without DLC, both Nohr versions allow Nohr only without DLC, the JP SE allows Hoshido and Nohr without DLC and the NA SE allows all three without DLC.

I meant people like yourself Yoshi who's been nice enough to answer questions in not only this, but the JA translation thread the original team does not.

If that much has been scraped from NA cartridge, it seems the best would be to import JA N3DS and JA cart to brew with fan translation, and just play a digital NA version. Cheers!

Question! Are you guys going to restore the supports? Not gonna lie I finished the English ones and quite a few are pretty cringe worthy. 'Big cheese of Hoshido' 'Magic carpet ride of flavor' 'Mold my onions' those are just a few I can name off the back.

Yes

I meant people like yourself Yoshi who's been nice enough to answer questions in not only this, but the JA translation thread the original team does not.

Well, most of us actually have lives. This thread is made so that people with questions can be answered by people who know the answers, because we really can't take the time to bother with all of your questions.

That's why the FAQ for this thread is taking so long to answer. The time I'm taking to write this post, 5 minutes, also happens to be one of my breaks.

My firmware is 10.6... I'm completely new to all this too, am I screwed? from what I see I wont be able to get to homebrew with menuhax or browserhax because its been patched in 10.6. but I need it to patch the game? any help would be EXTREMELY appreciated because I'm so excited to get rid of this awful "localization".. I was so disappointed seeing what NoA did to this wonderful game and found out about all the treehouse scandals and all this content removed, characters completely changed, etc etc AFTER I spent all my money on this game, 80$ was way too much money for all this cut content and bad localization.

My firmware is 10.6... I'm completely new to all this too, am I screwed? from what I see I wont be able to get to homebrew with menuhax or browserhax because its been patched in 10.6. but I need it to patch the game? any help would be EXTREMELY appreciated because I'm so excited to get rid of this awful "localization".. I was so disappointed seeing what NoA did to this wonderful game and found out about all the treehouse scandals and all this content removed, characters completely changed, etc etc AFTER I spent all my money on this game, 80$ was way too much money for all this cut content and bad localization.

You'd need to go find Cubic Ninja/Ocarina of Time/Smash 4 to get homebrew.

You'd need to go find Cubic Ninja/Ocarina of Time/Smash 4 to get homebrew.

Question, does Smashhax require a powersave like OoT or is it a different method? Kinda want to upgrade to 10.6 to try out the new DLC, but at the same time I kinda don't because of this project.

Does the team have an estimate about when this restoration patch will be released? After the next main translation patch I assume? A lot of my friends have been showing me the localized version and sometimes I really can't help but cringe. I did notice something peculiar though in the NA version. In Hinoka's and Aqua's A support conversation, they added Hinoka's blushing sprite when Hinoka is giving a present to Aqua.

Yay! I got Oot a looong time ago, is there any easy to understand noob-proof guides explaining how to get to homebrew using Oot? thanks for the info!

You need to have something to inject saves, like Powersaves, or already have homebrew to use Oothax.

I think smashhax is hard to setup.

So you need to buy either Cubic Ninja or Powersaves 3ds.

You could also consider buying a copy of Cubic Ninja, and then selling it again.

Question, does Smashhax require a powersave like OoT or is it a different method? Kinda want to upgrade to 10.6 to try out the new DLC, but at the same time I kinda don't because of this project.

Different method.

Yay! I got Oot a looong time ago, is there any easy to understand noob-proof guides explaining how to get to homebrew using Oot? thanks for the info!

Yes. You'll need either someone else with homebrew or a powersave.

If that much has been scraped from NA cartridge, it seems the best would be to import JA N3DS and JA cart to brew with fan translation, and just play a digital NA version. Cheers!

The restoration patch will add all that back in, though. On the NA version.

If you do import a JP copy of the game, don't bother with a JP 3ds, since you can patch non-DLC on an NA 3ds.

You can, it's just more complicated.

Do note that patched .cias won't work on sky3ds or other flashcards- you must have a cfw in order to run them.