Audio Skinships in English

Duke of Dozel

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So overall imo the dub is pretty darn good (at least, for My Room dialogue). Even if I prefer the Japanese voices (RIP Mamo Miyano I was looking forward to you soooooo much Q_Q), some characters I really like like Joker, Soleil, Saizou, and based Izana.

Felicia: Still awkward, but not the worst voice out there.

Effie: Not a bad VA per se... just a terrible representation of her character. She sounds like the She-Hulk.

Dwyer: SO fucking stoned

Arthur: IS THE BEST OMG

Saizou: I shrieked when he said "I'm ticklish"

Asugi: He's so hyper now. Wtf happened to Gaius

I give up on typing all of my reactions. Literally every voice makes me squeal. This is so hilarious/amazing.

Does anyone feel Effie's character was ruined by her voice/attitude? I haven't read her localized supports but in the Japanese ones she sounded soft spoken, albeit extremely devoted to training and protecting Elise. Her English voice is like...dating Ronda Rousey or something. "CAN'T ROMANCE NOW, GETTING SWOLE"

This is the most disappointing change for me. I thought she would be funny, a juxtaposition of gentle mom-figure and supersoldier. Now she's just like a dumb jock.

Granted, I'm fine with almost all the other character treatments so it doesn't take much for one to stand out as bad. But this one feels like a round character with comedy was dropped into treehouse's lap and they decided to mess it up. Or they think "LOL A GIRL BUT SHE CARES ABOUT MUSCLES" is some kind of novelty goldmine.

Edit:

Effie: Not a bad VA per se... just a terrible representation of her character. She sounds like the She-Hulk.

That would be an improvement actually. She-Hulk was like, a lawyer.

Edited by Lynsanity

Listend to some more. Overall reactions.

Saizo: Decent, just as I imagined.

Kagero: A bit monotoned, but not horrible.

Izana: Can he say ANYTHING that won't kill me!?!?!?!?!?!? XD

Azura: A voice typical of a singer: I like it.

Siegbert: Not bad but something.....I can't put a finger on it.

Arthur: All I heard was justice :p. His voice suits hin VERY well.

Crimson: The debate is over, she's my Birthright waifu, the only one for me (and I'm literally the only one for her. :p)

Kazahana: She sounds quite energetic: again, she's like I imagined.

Shinonome Not what I expected: but its much better.

Xander: What might be his confession line is WAAY better than his Japanese one. His voice is fine.

Hisame: As I said before, his lines are so.....awkward. His voice is great though.

Hinata: Its fine, but not what I wwould use for him.

Ryoma: possibly biased, but one word: AMAZING! (Excpet the "kiss me fool" line. What the heck?)

Kana: My daughter sounds so cute. :p.

Percy: What's up pitty patt?

Edited by Blade_of_Light

Charlotte is Brianna Knickerbocker.

Off-topic, but Knickerbocker, lol. (You would get that if you are British or Irish)

Edited by Azz

Off-topic, but Knickerbocker, lol. (You would get that if you are British or Irish)

I am pretty sure that's her last name spelled right.

not british but i got it uehuehuehuehu

I'm no expert on VAs but I definitely hear some Laura Bailey coming from Scarlet and Charlotte. Anyone else?

Charlotte is voiced by Brianna Knickerbocker, who also voices Sakura.

Edit: Greninja'd by a long shot

Edited by ChaosGallade

Its easier for me to say whom i didnt like. Because i just went through all of them and i really dig the majority.

Ones I Didnt Like:

Dwyer: Well hello, Prince Valium. And good bye.

Effie: Here lies Effie: The Real Light Of Nohr. Seriously, what happened to her? Thats...what happened to this character?

Setsuna: Im probably going to dislike this character in general, but her voice sounds really not smart.

Male Kana: What the hell?

Nyx: STOP! NO. im calling the police. I figured shes supposed to be a young body, but 3 years old?

Kagero: This one is alright but too high pitched for her.

Beruka: needs more monotone.

Voices i really liked the best:

Ryoma: Well yeah. "Kiss me, you fool!"

Peri: You know, i love this because i expected very high pitched and rapid speech. I didnt get either and im pleased.

Yukimura: OMG

Arthur: TRUTH, JUSTICE, AND THE NOHRIAN WAY! this guy <3

Charlotte: Not only her voice, her character is intact!

Forrest: Yeah, see above. More than pleased.

BENOIT: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *swoons*

Camilla: Goes without saying.

Saizo: is really great.

Velouria: Eeeeee so cute!

Kinu: Shes hella adorable.

Takumi: is literally perfect.

Scarlet: is A+

Some solid voice work this time around. All the others i didnt mention fall into "I liked them just fine but not as much as those i listed."

For Male Kanna, I was expecting more of a Male Morgan voice, but it reminds me of the voices from some edutainment PC games I played when I was younger.

PIC+%26+VID+056.JPG

I clearly played some high quality games then haha

Edited by Manakete Morgan

His original support with F!Avatar was all about pickled vegetables (fan translation here) http://pastebin.com/A2ka7AtP

They just took it and ran with it apparently. But his my room dialogue had nothing to do with pickles, as posted in the video by Azz. His localized supports had me rolling though because some of the shit that's in there

LOOK AT THESE GEMS

"Sorry...that was awkward. But that's exactly what I meant. Unless I'm talking about pickles, I tend to get flustered around women. "

"Well, as long as we keep this relationship strictly pickle-platonic, I should be fine."

"Come! Pickle paradise awaits"

"Just think...we could grow old together. We could be that old couple at the park that always smells like pickles." :LAFJ:ASLDFJSD I'M DEAD LOL

"You're right, Corrin. I'm sorry. We're still pickle partners, though, right?"

Also extremely pleased with Keaton's localized voice! It sounds so much like Gideon Emery to me, and he's one of my favorites. :D

Damn it.

That's the single worst localization change by far, and it's to the sole second generation character who I actually liked because he was calm, polite, and (get this) not gimmicky.

Just... why? Why is Peri left mostly intact, yet this crap happens to HIsame? It's a freaking joke.

Edited by The DanMan

Damn it.

That's the single worst localization change by far, and it's to the sole second generation character who I actually liked because he was calm, polite, and (get this) not gimmicky.

Just... why? Why is Peri left mostly intact, yet this crap happens to HIsame? It's a freaking joke.

Same, except there are nother 2ndGs I liked. But why.......he was perfect the way he was....