Least Favorite Characters?

Elibean Spaceman

lol this argument is really pointless and that much vitriol isn't necessary

obviously if you picked x game you probably dislike one of the older brothers and maybe some of the other family too. you probably disagree with their ideology which is why you picked the version you picked

but Xander wasn't in the wrong for sheltering his younger sibling from the world and Ryoma wasn't wrong for trying to discount te kidnappers of his younger sister

besides, everyone knows the younger and older sisters are the best anyway ;)

As for characters I dislike, I can't really think of any besides Hans.

[spoiler=Chapter 3 spoiler]DC Douglas has a godly voice and Hans murdered it

i mean I'm sure gunter's a good character but DC Douglas

Wait...DC Douglas did commandant Alexai from Vesperia! :drool::D:

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Takumi. He has an awesome bow. You are allowed to back talk your long lost brother but you do NOT be mean to Azura. It was that moment I was confident that I was right in choosing Nohr. Until then I regretted it, now I be happy. Though I'm playing Revelations first, pretty much every Hoshido character is on the bench.

Can Peri get a special mention? I love and hate her. She scares me and I hate her hair, but she is still very unique which is nice.

I didn't like Takumi during the avatar's brief time in Hoshido (I'm playing Nohr first). He was such a little dick!

My partner told me he's really obnoxious acting in the Hoshido game too, so I expect to end up really disliking him.

I haven't encountered all of the Nohr characters yet (I'm on chapter 12), but so far I really dislike Nyx. She's really bratty and rude.

I can't say that I'm much of a fan of Niles either so far.

But that's the very thing that makes it worse instead of better. If Ryoma can see Corrin as his family despite blood and if he can claim the kidnapped Azura as his own sister and genuinely mean it then Ryoma should understand the most of all that the Norhian siblings do really consider Corrin as their own kin. He does not and openly calls it brainwashing. Xander never seems to have called Ryoma's treatment of Azure as such.

Ha, Xander and his siblings don't acknowledge that Azura even exists! They never seemed to try to get her back or care that she was gone. The Hoshido siblings did everything they could to get Corrin back! Hinoka became a Pegasus knight simply for that reason! They didn't think of Azura as a replacement for Corrin at all. Yet the Nohr siblings seem to have replaced her with Corrin.

And neither Ryoma nor anyone else kept Azura's past a secret from her or got rid of her childhood memories.

Xander is a massive tool and an awful person who hates you for siding with your real family and not invading an innocent country

He's described as a kind-hearted man but I really don't see it

You should try playing Conquest, kthnxbye

Hm, I believe there have been several threads like this, and I've been ranting a lot about several bad characters and why I think they fail, particularly in the main story.

So I'm just going to mention my least favorite minor character: Pieri, although I only know her from the Japanese version so with some luck, the localization has contributed to not making her not be so absolutely disgusting. Not only is she incredibly boring and annoying, speaking in a high-pitched voice and in third person and all that, but she's a lunatic who goes on killing sprees; she's supposed to be the retainer of the crown prince of Nohr and her attitude is treated almost like a silly quirk, which negatively affects other characters who interact with her, especially Xander.

Of course, a far bigger issue is the awful villains and Xander and Azura's idiocy, but that's an almost daily topic here.

Peri is really not as annoying. Her voice is way not loud, speedy, and obnoxious. She does not speak in third person anymore either. She sounds childish still, but its not super grating. She speaks kinda slow and a little quieter than you'd expect. One thing she says is "Yayyy violence!" but the way she says it is almost a whisper and kinda drawn out. In other words, she sounds a bit more horror movie than you'd expect. I doubt you'll like her in any capacity even now, but shes really not quite as bad this time around.

Guys i dont like now that ive gotten to know them better:

Nyx can really go and stay go. Not only do i dislike her shitty attitude of calling people "child", but i hate her voice so very much.

I still like Effie, just not as much as i wanted to.

Setsuna. Please just fall down the hole and stay there.

Hayato...omg not again.

Takumi ONLY ON NOHR ROUTE because of spoilery reasons and how they wrote that. Its just dumb. Poor kid deserves better.

Aqua, Felicia, and Pieri.

Xander KNEW you were kidnapped from your real family and I resent him for basically lying to Corrin all those years.

Why? Was he ever in a position that he could tell Kamui? If I was Xander in that situation, I'm not sure I'd tell him either. Kamui seems like one who would just blurt it out at the worst possible moment. Who knows what Garon would do to the both of them if he found out that Xander had revealed that secret.

Ha, Xander and his siblings don't acknowledge that Azura even exists! They never seemed to try to get her back or care that she was gone. The Hoshido siblings did everything they could to get Corrin back! Hinoka became a Pegasus knight simply for that reason! They didn't think of Azura as a replacement for Corrin at all. Yet the Nohr siblings seem to have replaced her with Corrin.

And neither Ryoma nor anyone else kept Azura's past a secret from her or got rid of her childhood memories.

I was just about to mention this (yeah, I'm playing hypocrite): Corrin grew up almost his entire life believing they were Nohrian, hence why it can easily be called "brainwashing". On the other hand, Corrin's first meeting with Azura indicates that she already knew where she came from. It could be argued she just learned of it recently, but there's not much evidence for that.

But so I am not just here for argument's sake, I will amswer the topic question

My least fav characters (Not from best to worst)

Niles,

Setsuna

Charolette

Mr.Pickles

Huh, I don't dislike that many after all.

PIERI. She is the worst and is permanently being benched. Her gimmick is not cute and it disturbs me that the game wants to frame it that way (afaik but I admit I haven't actually played it yet).

Izana is a weirdo who breaks game immersion. Stuff like "toodles!" and "You just put a ring on Izana, girl!" make me want to facepalm. Others find him funny or charming and that's totally fine, but he's not for me.

I agree with this, so far. Maybe it'll be different when I get the games. I doubt it. I'm usually not such a fan of such overt attempts at humour.

You should try playing Conquest, kthnxbye

Wait, didn't you want to convince him to like Xander? Playing Conquest definitely won't help.

Peri is really not as annoying. Her voice is way not loud, speedy, and obnoxious. She does not speak in third person anymore either. She sounds childish still, but its not super grating. She speaks kinda slow and a little quieter than you'd expect. One thing she says is "Yayyy violence!" but the way she says it is almost a whisper and kinda drawn out. In other words, she sounds a bit more horror movie than you'd expect. I doubt you'll like her in any capacity even now, but shes really not quite as bad this time around.

Takumi ONLY ON NOHR ROUTE because of spoilery reasons and how they wrote that. Its just dumb. Poor kid deserves better.

I'm glad to hear that, at least. Too bad the most important part still seems to remain.

You don't like Takumi in Nohr? As in, the only sane man on earth?

Also, how far have you gotten now, by the way?

I agree with this, so far. Maybe it'll be different when I get the games. I doubt it. I'm usually not such a fan of such overt attempts at humour.

No, Izana is even more quirky (I thought he was funny though.)

Wait, didn't you want to convince him to like Xander? Playing Conquest definitely won't help.

I'm glad to hear that, at least. Too bad the most important part still seems to remain.

You don't like Takumi in Nohr? As in, the only sane man on earth?

Also, how far have you gotten now, by the way?

tbf, Xander seems more sympathetic in Conquest at least. Im about half way through that route. If he comes out and pulls some BS later, ill be really mad. And ill explain WHY in pm lmao.

Takumi in Nohr is written a certain way....hang on..

[spoiler=CONQUEST SPOILAS]

His lines seem awfully dense and not even remotely like the impression of the character i saw pre-choice. This is obviously because hes being possessed since i know that spoiler. But they seem to be making it obvious. He complains about headaches, and then he spouts a lot of stuff that seems OOC. i also did not take kindly to him attacking Elise in a cut-scene, unprovoked. Azura mentions how OOC this shit is. Its just so...;/

Jakob and Azama: Am I supposed to find them being rude or deliberately antagonising funny?

Peri: Henry was a psycho, but at least he didn't try and murder people for something so minor as spilling tea on him. Not to mention that he acts nowhere near as immature.

Awakening Trio: Why are you guys even here? Not to mention that Invisible History makes them look like idiots for not trying to accomplish anything in the main story.

Garon: What's that? You want a morally complex villain with an understandable backstory and goal? Well fuck you, have a slime monster powered by an idiot ball.

Localisation!Hisame: What even is this? Honestly, whoever made the decision to turn him into this can go fuck themselves with the pickles that they so obviously love.

[spoiler=Nohr]

Nohr!Xander: Blindly follows Gooron's orders without question, even though he's supposed to be kind-hearted and many of those orders are needlessly cruel. The fact that he sends Elise to help Kamui shows that he's willing to subvert Gooron's orders when his family is concerned, but not when Hans and Iago are trying to get into the Guinness Book of World Records for 'most civilians killed in an invasion' doesn't reflect well on him.

Nohrmui: A whiny bastard who constantly goes on about wanting to do the right thing, but does nothing other than put his hands in his pocket and pout while war-crimes are committed all around him. Let's hope Nohrrin turns out better.

Nohr!Azura: "Let's invade the country that raised me and was kind to me so that Gooron can set on a throne! It's a flawless strategy that I'm sure will not result in any collateral damage whatsoever!" Do they even try to come up with something else?

[spoiler=Revelation]

Anankos: An insane, omnicidal dragon as the main villain just so that Nohr and Hoshido have an excuse to team up. Why couldn't they think of something else other than evil dragon? Hopefully the localisation will be a little better.

Revelation!Mikoto:

Mikoto- Oh my darling children, I love you all so much. By the way Kamui, you married, fucked and had children with your first cousin. Just saying...

Developer's Note:

Edited by Phillius

If we're adding characters that are awful in certain routes, add Suzukaze in Conquest.

"What's that? A vague promise to stop this conflict without neeless bloodshed? That sounds like a reasonable excuse to invade my homeland and not say anything when innocents are massacred!"

If we're adding characters that are awful in certain routes, add Suzukaze in Conquest.

"What's that? A vague promise to stop this conflict without neeless bloodshed? That sounds like a reasonable excuse to invade my homeland and not say anything when innocents are massacred!"

Honestly. His excuse for staying with your lot in that route is really flimsy.

Let's hope Nohrrin turns out better.

tumblr_lx7h7mTVBw1qdlh1io1_250.gif

Haven't played English so don't know how localisation could have improved but my least favourites are probably Peri *design and personality) and a lot of the kids and other characters like Pickle Man or Mitama who I literally couldn't care less about just because of the sheer size of the cast.

Obviously can't say anything about the localized versions yet, except for complain about their voices. In regards to characters:

Nohr: Charlotte, Pieri, Foleo, Nina, Soleil. I'm still in a love-hate relationship with Zero, though I've been sipping on the hatorade a little more.

Hoshido: I still feel like I don't really know the Hoshido characters that well. Need to read up on their dialogue, but for those that I know about, I'll say Shara and Tsukuyomi.

I also have a newly found terror of English Izana. And I took Takumi off my hater list.

M8, after all the threads about why Nohr has a bad story, I will take that. I will take that to the bank and cash it in for all it's worth

I'm afraid no bank will accept that, since - unless this is changed in the localization or I'm completely misremembering things - Corrin whines quite a bit later on, and I'm also sure his support with Azura deals with his guilt.