Europeans/Australians Unite Part 2

BruceLee

Too bad about the typos and American English. I don't actually notice them myself (English not being my native language and all that), but you would imagine they had the time to do a proper English translation for PAL version instead of just copy pasta... I mean, they did for Awakening right?

Yeah, chapter 10 is an Amazing chapter and probably one of the best defense chapter in the Series, beaten only by chapter 14 from FE5, for me.
Anyway, Can I farm some supports with "Before Awakening"?
Because Arthur and Effie are near to reach Support S and I want Arthur son now

Yeah, the intensity makes it real fun. I haven't played FE5, but the closest to this much fun I had with a defense chapter before was that one map in RD

Unless there's some weird limitation like only first run counts for support points, you can. I got couple supports while running it for the first time. Oh no, more class change items I don't know who to give to

The capture system is cool, I caught a knight in I think chapter 12/13. My plan is to make him a General with a decent skill set, but that will have to wait until the DLC is released so I can actually train him up.

It's cool, but I always forget to use it. I also wish it wasn't locked to one unit per path (two for Revelations)...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone Else sometimes have really small (you can easily miss them) flickering lines on the screen while playing EU version of Fates?

It sometimes happens to me, and only when playing EU Fates, it doesnt happen with other games or even JP fates for that matter.

From what I have heard its apparently a common problem with the EU version of fates?

Edited by PsychoTenshi

Anyone Else sometimes have really small (you can easily miss them) flickering lines on the screen while playing EU version of Fates?

It sometimes happens to me, and only when playing EU Fates, it doesnt happen with other games or even JP fates for that matter.

From what I have heard its apparently a common problem with the EU version of fates?

Vertical or Horizontal?

Because I have the US version, and vertical lines appear sometimes.

Well, Conquest chapter 15 definitely made it easy to promote my Corrin.

I went from level 16 to 20, promoted, and then almost gained another level before the chapter was over, all while racking up nice stat booster items.

Thanks game.

I haven't noticed any lines at all. Maybe I got lucky? >.>

Maybe it doesnt happen for everyone, it's not that noticable anyway

At first I tought it was my 3ds acting weird but it only happens with this game. Ah well, i'll keep my eye on it.

I just came across one that had aplitude on Corrin. Was wondering if I should have bought the skill or not, but decided not to. It's not my style to with play hacked stuff. Still the hackers sure are fast the game just been out for like three days. In other hand this expected to happen sooner or later.

What? That was a hack?!? I came across someone with an Aptitude Corrin, too and I just assumed he (or she) made his/her character marry Mozu to get it, so I bought it... damn.

Luckily that was AFTER I fetched Kana, so at least that one's safe now... crap.

Lines ? I didn't see that...

Some characters surprised me... Hinata grow on me in my game, I like his supports from what I have seen, and Niles is so much a nuisance when I fight him in MyCastle combat. Not by his strengh... But by his speed ! Grr.

Well, Conquest chapter 15 definitely made it easy to promote my Corrin.

I went from level 16 to 20, promoted, and then almost gained another level before the chapter was over, all while racking up nice stat booster items.

Thanks game.

Dunno, for some reason I was taking too much damage, and decided to rush the chapter to escape instead. Barely got enough exp to go from mid 19s to 20 and then some more after promoting.

You're not alone for the Avatar/Hana ! I'm a huge fan of them.

Replicate is a top tier skill. He can... well... duplicate a unit. But the damages taken by one is done too to the other. But it can really be useful... So useful I've decided to not use it.

Yay, a fellow fan! *high five*

Thanks for the explanation. So it basically works like that one character from Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon (forgot what his name was), who could also duplicate a unit. Interesting...

Maybe it doesnt happen for everyone, it's not that noticable anyway

At first I tought it was my 3ds acting weird but it only happens with this game. Ah well, i'll keep my eye on it.

Do you have the digital or physical copy of the game? A possibility is that the game doesn't sync or can't process fast enough or some other technical stuff between the game and the system.

What? That was a hack?!? I came across someone with an Aptitude Corrin, too and I just assumed he (or she) made his/her character marry Mozu to get it, so I bought it... damn.

Luckily that was AFTER I fetched Kana, so at least that one's safe now... crap.

Only Mozu is allowed to have aptitude among the 1st gen. On 2nd Gen only Shigure can't get aptitude by normal means. Also you can just unequip the skill if you have it on your corrin. There is a thread that list all legitimate and illegitimate skills. It simply boils down to if you can't get the skill by normal means then it's hacked.

Edited by FoliFF

Only Mozu is allowed to have aptitude among the 1st gen. On 2nd Gen only Shigure can't get aptitude by normal means. Also you can just unequip the skill if you have it on your corrin. There is a thread that list all legitimate and illegitimate skills. It simply boils down to if you can't get the skill by normal means then it's hacked.

Right, thanks for the explanation. I unequipped Aptitude before updating my data just now, so everything should be a-okay. I thought that you could get Mozu's Villager class and by extension Aptitude by either a) marrying her with a male character or b) having an A/A+ support with her. You always learn something new.

I married Mozu to Saizo, will he get Mozu's Vil--?

Never mind, i just noticed that he gets Mozu's SECONDARY class tree... I'm sad now.

On that note: How strong/useful is the Kinshi-Knight class? It looks awesome at least and I thought to make either Subaki or Caeldori end up as one, since I already have a Falcon Knight in Hinoka and I'm not really planning on using Reina at all.

Edited by DragonFlames

Dunno, for some reason I was taking too much damage, and decided to rush the chapter to escape instead. Barely got enough exp to go from mid 19s to 20 and then some more after promoting.

My Corrin paired up with Gunter was tanky enough to surive one turn without too much trouble, especially if I used a curative on the side where I was less surrounded.

The fact that I could double almost everyone except the Ninjas and the fact that I had the Kodachi from the first escape chapter (to counter the ninjas) also really helped.

Right, thanks for the explanation. I unequipped Aptitude before updating my data just now, so everything should be a-okay. I thought that you could get Mozu's Villager class and by extension Aptitude by either a) marrying her with a male character or b) having an A/A+ support with her. You always learn something new.

I married Mozu to Saizo, will he get Mozu's Vil--?

Never mind, i just noticed that he gets Mozu's SECONDARY class tree... I'm sad now.

On that note: How strong/useful is the Kinshi-Knight class? It looks awesome at least and I thought to make either Subaki or Caeldori end up as one, since I already have a Falcon Knight in Hinoka and I'm not really planning on using Reina at all.

Unique classes like Songtress, Kitsune/Wolfskin and Villages you'll get the secondary class instead. Same deal if you marry two characters that have same base class i.e marrying Hinoka with Subaki they'll get the secondary class instead. For inheritance it's a little different. Kana can get Kitsune/Wolfskin if Kaden/Keaton is their father same deal with their daughters will get Corrin Nohr princess class if she is their mother, which normally is only unique to Corrin and Kana.

As for Kinshi-Knight, mate it's a flier with bow capabilities! Considering bow users got a buff this time around they're very useful, especially on higher difficulties. It also helps it's very nice looking class too! I only got Reina so far and I'm already loving the class.

Unique classes like Songtress, Kitsune/Wolfskin and Villages you'll get the secondary class instead. Same deal if you marry two characters that have same base class i.e marrying Hinoka with Subaki they'll get the secondary class instead. For inheritance it's a little different. Kana can get Kitsune/Wolfskin if Kaden/Keaton is their father same deal with their daughters will get Corrin Nohr princess class if she is their mother, which normally is only unique to Corrin and Kana.

As for Kinshi-Knight, mate it's a flier with bow capabilities! Considering bow users got a buff this time around they're very useful, especially on higher difficulties. It also helps it's very nice looking class too! I only got Reina so far and I'm already loving the class.

So, basically, I could have Selkie/Velouria with the Dragon Fang skill... I will now start my Conquest file with a female Avatar, just to have a wolf/dragon hybrid!

Good, I will make both Caeldori AND Subaki into Kinshi-Knights, then! I already have enough people who can use rods, anyway (Avatar, Kana, Sakura, Felicia, Hinoka, Azama and Mitama) and only two bow-users (Takumi and Setsuna). Thanks once again for explaining, kind sir! :D

I just dug around in the game files and I found something strange, all the swimsuits were translated in English, that was already known, but in the European versions they also translated the discriptions in all the other languages, why would they take the time to make descriptions for items not in the game? It just seems like a waste of time....

I could also search the american files to see if I can find any major changes in the games compared to the eu version, but that would take a lot of time.

My Corrin paired up with Gunter was tanky enough to surive one turn without too much trouble, especially if I used a curative on the side where I was less surrounded.

The fact that I could double almost everyone except the Ninjas and the fact that I had the Kodachi from the first escape chapter (to counter the ninjas) also really helped.

That was probably it, I wasn't getting any doubling.

In the meantime, have cleared up to chapter 16, and picked up Belka!Nina, Pieri!Soleil and Effie!Sophie. Might do Kanna's paralogue next.

Edited by tuvarkz

I just dug around in the game files and I found something strange, all the swimsuits were translated in English, that was already known, but in the European versions they also translated the discriptions in all the other languages, why would they take the time to make descriptions for items not in the game? It just seems like a waste of time....

I could also search the american files to see if I can find any major changes in the games compared to the eu version, but that would take a lot of time.

From someone that have worked with localization gives you the answer you're looking for:

Yay, a fellow fan! *high five*

Thanks for the explanation. So it basically works like that one character from Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon (forgot what his name was), who could also duplicate a unit. Interesting...

*High five* o/

Euh... not really. I see my explication wasn't occurate (sorry, I'm french). I'll use other words : Duplicate create a unit who is the clone of your unit.

Last night I cleared chapter 17 (the ninja chapter), largely thanks to Benny and Xander. I didn't plan on using Benny but once he got some momentum he outclassed my Effie. I decided to promote him as a great knight for the movement and luna, I'm planning on putting him in General for WF and seeing how goes from there.

Edited by Zelgius

I notice some of you have revelation, I tried to redeem mine but it doesn't regonize it :U

Anybody having similar problems?

My mum had to contact nintendo support and thry say cause it isn't out yet...

I notice some of you have revelation, I tried to redeem mine but it doesn't regonize it :U

Anybody having similar problems?

My mum had to contact nintendo support and thry say cause it isn't out yet...

Revelation comes out june 9th. The people who already have it have the Special Edition.