Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

500 Internal Service Error, what?

Apparently there's supposed to be a new trailer on the 14th.

Kinda hope they don't show off everything pre-release, like they did last generation.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it doesn't matter much to people, but I cringe when people combine the yet unknown English first names Japanese counterparts, with English Last names.

It doesn't matter much anyway. Nothing we can really do about it. And people know who you're talking about.

But man a throwback to Oak, while still keeping a fresh look on Gen 1.

Alola form jokes are inevitable with this.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Something that intrigues me a bit is that Sun/Moon titles in the japanese trailer have sort of a diamond figure in the middle, and I see a similar figure in Aether Foundation's leaders, like Lusamine's chest, the dude's shoulder and the fat woman's heels. I wonder if they share a connection or soemthing, or I'm pulling stuff from nowhere

Edit:

I know it doesn't matter much to people, but I cringe when people combine the yet unknown English first names Japanese counterparts, with English Last names.

It doesn't matter much anyway. Nothing we can really do about it. And people know who you're talking about.

But man a throwback to Oak, while still keeping a fresh look on Gen 1.

Alola firm jokes are inevitable with this.

:(

Yeah my bad

in fact Chrome translator says it's Nariya-Okido but idk if it's correct or what

Edited by Quintessence

Yo, don't worry about it. I'm just being nitpicky.

It is in fact, Okido.

But yeah, Japanese and English Pokémon have such a huge gap with names since any Kanto and Johto reference is inherently Japanese.

Pokémon localization is top notch. I mean Okido is 大木戸 literally meaning "Big Tree Household".

Edited by shadowofchaos

I took several screenshots from the trailer- some cool shots of the legendaries. I'll probably use one as a forum avi around here soonish.

And yes, I did have fun naming some of them.

Opening shot:

Totally_not_Final_Destination.png

Solgaleo:

Solgaleo.png

Lunaala

Lunaala.png

Town at sunset:

Sunset_Town.png

Town by volcano:

Volcano_Town.png

Pokemon-themed boats:

Pokefloats.png

Solgaleo 2:

Solgaleo_2.png

Lunaala 2:

Lunaala_2.png

Facial expressions upon seeing UB-01:

Expressions.png

Determined-looking Lillie:

Lillie.png

Sun and Moon:

Final_Destination_Redux.png

Final shot with portal:

Cue_Dr_Who_theme.png

Interested to know the context of that shot of Lillie.

Also, the character expressions upon seeing UB-01 are startled- Hau and the PC look like "Is this supposed to happen?" startled more than actually shocked, while the Pres does indeed have an expression on her face that's hard to interpret.

Edited by The DanMan

Well Lusamine's expression is hard to tell since her hair style covers like 70% of her face. Other than that, I really like the details put in the game like the pokemon boats, the gardens, the towns, etc.

And Lunaala still looks fucking majestic, damn I need Moon already.

while the Pres does indeed have an expression on her face that's hard to interpret.

Argh, I get so confused now! I was sure I had found a hidden gem with that subtle smile! Maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see.

I know Pokémon doesn't have the most advanced stories, but I can't help getting excited at what they've introduced so far. With any luck they'll at least try to make the story as ambitious as Black and White's.

Edited by Thane

Argh, I get so confused now! I was sure I had found a hidden gem with that subtle smile! Maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see.

I know Pokémon doesn't have the most advanced stories, but I can't help getting excited at what they've introduced so far. With any luck they'll at least try to make the story as ambitious as Black and White's.

Heck, Platinum is what started it- you get a lot more on Cyrus's motivations and backstory. From what can be inferred, the reason he wanted to make a new universe without emotion was because his parents died when he was young and he's still struggling with the grief and rage (his grandparents are NPCs who say they raised him, and another NPC says that he was very withdrawn and moody as a child).

In general, this generation is giving me feelings of Black and White compared to X and Y's Diamond and Pearl.

Anyways, made a discovery: in the Japanese trailer, they show off the start of encounters with a Skull Grunt, Plumeria, and Gladion. The Grunt and Plumeria are briefly covered by black, ink-like silhouettes before the fight starts- but Gladion has this shockwave effect emit out from him and no silhouette.

The one other character who has that shockwave effect is Hau.

Looks like Gladion really is our second rival.

Indeed, Samson Oak as the official site says:

Regional Variant Researcher: Is This Professor Oak’s Alola Form?!

Samson Oak does research on the regional variants that have taken root in the Alola region. He’s a cousin of the Professor Oak—the famous authority on Pokémon research in the Kanto region. The two could practically be twins!

Source: http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/people-alola/

Indeed, Samson Oak as the official site says:

Source: http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/people-alola/

They actually made the joke on the site. A bit surprised at that.

Anyways, now that we know about Samson Oak... what's the original's first name?

Edited by The DanMan

I'm surprised no one seems to have pointed out how in the last few trailers Gladion is striking a very "stay my sword hand" pose with a little "aching blood."

I consider it in good fortune that nobody in this thread has yet.

Edited by The DanMan

I'm surprised no one seems to have pointed out how in the last few trailers Gladion is striking a very "stay my sword hand" pose with a little "aching blood."

Actually...

Page 136

The JP trailer shows what seems to be UB-01 coming out of a portal. Was it confirmed to be artificial...?

Also Gladion has that aching blood, his pokeball hand is twitching.

Edited by CancerTurtle

Owain/Odin jokes lol. It was the first thing I thought about Gladion in the trailer.

Also, has anyone noticed the huge amount Turtinattor dealt to Granbull in the japanese trailer? Granbull Ice Fang'd and he gets like half dmg, and the images were cut, so we don't know if it is indeed half or more.

...You had one job.

Twitter likes the Owain comparision, while Youtube really likes the Sasuke one. I'm not sure which is worse, personally.

Oh, come on, it's harmless. What's wrong with people comparing him to Owain/Odin?

Besides it could be worse.