Fates Headcanons

HappyHawlucha

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lurked on here for a while, so might as well post some of my own.

- Garon and Katerina had more children besides Xander, who was actually one of the younger ones, but all of them passed away or were assassinated.

- Xander was actually very close to Azura and Arete who both supported him while recovering from his mother's death when he was a child and was hit hard by Azura's kidnapping.

- Camilla covers her left eye because of a very tiny and faint scar she received when defending Corrin from an assassination attempt. The scar is incredibly hard to notice without being told about it but the thought of a blemish disturbs her far too much.

- Camilla's wyvern's name is Eris and she raised the wyvern since she was a child. Eris died but Camilla was unable to handle burying her, so she instead studied dark magic for years so she could "revive" Eris and turn her into a zombie wyvern. However, the wyvern is still somewhat "dead" and can't properly react to most situations and when not being ridden just stands idly while breathing incredibly raspy breaths that disturb everyone around. It never sleeps.

- Elise isn't the only one that plays an instrument in the Nohrian royal family. Xander plays the cello, Camilla plays the viola, and both Leo and Corrin play the piano. Leo excels more at the technical pieces while Corrin is better at the more "emotional" pieces. They compete and argue incessantly over who is the better pianist.

- The pegasus Hinoka rides was a small, injured, wild foal she found when she was younger but nursed back to health with Mikoto's help. The pegasus refused to leave when she was healed so Hinoka kept her.

[spoiler=Relevations spoilers] - Azura's dress is one of Mikoto's old dresses that was modified. The dress was when Mikoto was a priestess of Anankos before everything went to hell, but she brought it with her when she came to Hoshido. Young Azura came across it, fell in love with it, and asked if she could have it while making some modifications of her own, like the large slit in it to allow freer movement when dancing.

- The sun disk Mikoto wears was initially Arete's, but Arete gave it to her as a parting gift before they split paths.

- There were other Vallite survivors and they split into two to accompany Arete and Mikoto to Nohr and Hoshido respectively. The Vallites that followed Arete only dispersed because Arete told them to and she didn't want to attract attention while the Vallites that accompanied Mikoto ditched as soon as they were out of earshot of Arete's group because they knew Mikoto fell in love with Anankos and didn't want to stay near her.

- Sumeragi actually met Mikoto in Hoshido before Anankos went mad, but due to the weird time flow differences between Valla and Hoshido, Sumeragi was still a young man (~18?) while Mikoto was only about a year younger than she was when she married him. Needless to say Sumeragi freaked out when he saw her again many years later but she didn't seem a year older.

Edited by SageOfAnys

Some of my headcanons I have for Reina:

-She is the Commander of Hoshido's Sky Knights, and has personally trained both Hinoka and Subaki. She also likes to remind Subaki that for all of his perfection he has never been able to defeat her in combat as a way to deflate his ego.

-She likes to have afternoon tea with Orochi as they discuss various things from their service to Hoshdo's royalty to what stories they are reading to even the latest gossip of the realm.

-She secretly desires to learn how to ride wyverns in order to truly become a master of the skies.

-Whenever any of the Sky Knight recruits complains about how long they have to ride the pegasi as part of their training, she rides from sunrise to sunset in full gear and makes those recruit do the same.

-She assigns each Sky Knight a callsign she feels befits them. She knows many of them will not like their callsigns and will assign an even worse one if they complain. She will only give out good ones if she feels the Sky Knight in question has proven themselves, such as Hinoka's being "Storm Dog," and Subaki's "Gale Cat."

I have a headcanon that should Oboro not marry Takumi, Hinata dances with her at Takumi's wedding to make her feel better.

She had two left feet.

Unrelated to that, Takumi took Oboro out to shoot arrows and he didn't get why she was blushing when he wrapped his arms around the bow (the bow!! he says, the bow, not her!!!) to correct her stance or whatever.

And then he doesn't understand why her aim is even more off than before.

I mean, I know he's not portrayed as clueless given their S-support, but he's still a bit socially awkward.

I have quite a few headcanons, but most of them are based on fanfiction I've written, haha...

• Nina's hair is wild and unruly, just like her father's when unbraided. She keeps them braided so people don't associate her with him.
  • Benny's real name is Benoit, but he presents himself as 'Benny' to seem more easy-going.
  • Azura was closest to Sakura during childhood. They used to have tea parties, dress-up games and just generally liked being in each other's company.
  • M!Corrin is a fairly good at dancing, however F!Corrin is a hilariously bad dancer. No matter how hard Azura tries to help her, she just can't get rid of her two left feet.
  • Silly modern AU, but the two families frequently have Mario Kart tournaments. Leo and Takumi are everyone's enemies--Leo mostly suggests Rainbow Road and Takumi always gets the blue shell. Elise is dangerously good at playing, while Sakura is mostly there for fun.

[spoiler=Odin's past]

'Odin Dark' was a character in Owain's crazy stories. He even tried to get Laslow and Selena to act like one of his characters, but they immediately refused. Ophelia accidentally stumbled across one of his books and was inspired by another hero that was akin to how she acts. Ophelia loved reading his books and when she came out of the Deeprealms, she always pestered Odin to continue them.

I've had nothing better to do than sit back and imagine fictional characters doing stuff all weekend, so here's a list of HCs I've thought up recently:

• During Awakening, there were times when Inigo would copy some of Owain's theatrics (after they've gotten an A support, mind you). However, Severa caught him doing it eventually, so he made her promise to stay quiet about it and gave up immediately afterwards. To this day, she still threatens to tell everyone about it if he gets out of line with his flirting.
  • Felicia and Flora don't like fire. Since they're members of the ice tribe, it burns them more than it would normal people. The contrary is true for Rinka: if she's in an icy area, her body temperature drops rather quickly.
  • Hinata styles his hair the way he does so he can feel like he has something in common with Takumi. For the most part, the two are completely different, so why not do something to close the distance a little bit? (This one is completely nonsensical I'm sorry.)
  • Speaking of Hinata and Takumi, they're the most distant pair out of all of the lords and retainers. While they do get along, they're not really "buddy buddy" either.
  • Benoit has a pet bird that he calls Soot. There was a time where he let Soot out and about and Flannel nearly ate her, but once he realized that Benoit actually owned her, he started apologizing.
  • There are times where Kinu tries to groom Velour, but whenever she does, her werewolf friend complains until she stops.
  • Setsuna tried riding Hinoka's pegasus once. Needless to say, she ended up falling in a tree, so Hinoka tries to keep her away from flying animals nowadays.
  • Harold had a beard before he became Elise's retainer. People laughed at him for it though, which caused him to end up cutting it off.
  • Charlotte really likes bows, so she has a giant collection of them. She actually changes it every day, but that's only when she's alone. When she's in public, she keeps on the giant white bow that's in her portrait.
Edited by Matt-hue

Nyx is the reason that Nohr is so resource starved and why nothing will easily grow there. Two hundred years ago she tried to cast a spell that would preserve her beauty and youth but it went wrong, making her appear eternally childlike instead. Despite its toll on the land, and its results not being what she wanted, Nyx refuses to release Nohr from her spell because she does not want to die. She joins the Nohr campaign eager to invade Hoshido so that she can use its untapped resources to try the spell again and get it right this time.

Edited by Katryn

Just a little headcanon I made up for some of my favourite ships in Rev, Odin x Kagerou and Laslow x Orochi.

When Odin marries Kagero and Laslow marries Orochi, they have a double wedding together since both men are best friends and both women are best friends. Since Ophelia and Soleil practically grew up together, it was only natural they would become best friends (Or in Soleil's world, hopefully more) like their parents.

Here are two that make no sense. The Nohr siblings plus Aqua are like the Mahou Sentai Magirangers and the Hoshidans siblings plus male Kamui are like the Shuriken Sentai Ninninger. Both teams are all family, too.

- Xander was actually very close to Azura and Arete who both supported him while recovering from his mother's death when he was a child and was hit hard by Azura's kidnapping.

I really like this. it always bothered me how Azura wasnt treated with the same kind of love Corrin was. Hoshisibs did care about Azura, but they didnt love her as much, and didnt do a whole lot to stop Hoshido from trying to banish her if Corrin picks Nohr.

Sakura and Takumi are Mikoto's and Sumeragi's kids. Hinoka and Ryoma come from previous marriages.

Sakura and Takumi, along with this, are the two closest siblings. Takumi felt distant from Ryoma, and Takumi feels like Hinoka doesn't give a damn about her ever since she tried to run off to Nohr to find Corrin, leaving the younger siblings behind.

He has a grudge against her for that.

Much like how Sumeragi handed down Raijin, Mikoto was the one who handed Fujin down to Takumi. She's the one who taught him how to use a bow. She made sure he knew how to use a normal bow in the case that Fujin was lost. She also taught Sakura and how to use rods to their full potential. They spent the most time with Mikoto and ended up being hurt the most when she died.

Takumi's bad dreams are a well guarded secret among the army. Four people know this - Mikoto (alas, she is... well, you know), Sakura, Oboro, and Camilla. Sakura and Camilla from experience, Oboro from an accident and mutual bonding.

I feel like Phoenix Wright is distantly related to Ryoma through Shinonome and Miles Edgeworth is related to Marx through Seigbert. Maya Fey and Mia Fey are related to Mikoto and Arete, therefore, making them related to Corrinmui and Azura.

I feel like Phoenix Wright is distantly related to Ryoma through Shinonome and Miles Edgeworth is related to Marx through Seigbert. Maya Fey and Mia Fey are related to Mikoto and Arete, therefore, making them related to Corrinmui and Azura.

You keep my Ace Attorney away from this.

You keep my Ace Attorney away from this.

I'm sorry. Not really. It must be done, Thane.

Dick Gumshoe is distantly related to Arthur. Which means, because I ship Miles and Gumshoe, I therefore ship Xander and Arthur.

...A new ship has been born...

Camilla never picked up an axe until one of the first times one of her siblings tried to kill her. It was out of desperation then, and she didn't enjoy it in the slightest, but as she became more used to defending herself, it became her weapon of choice.

Also, during that first attack, Xander was practicing swordmanship in the middle of the night like he does in his supports with Corrin, but because he wasn't in his living quarters, he wasn't there to protect Camilla.

And Camilla was protecting baby Leo when that happened too.

Since I finally finished Conquest yesterday, my thoughts on a few things. I haven't played Birthright or Revelations, yet, and I'm still a bit lacking on a few in the series as a whole... But I'm confident I'm onto something with this.

With the knowledge that the Yato is actually the Seal of Flames (Fire Emblem I'd assume), it stands to reason that someone is playing a long time travelling game of trying to correct the end of the world. I'm still piecing this together, but frankly, what I think happens is this.

Birthright is the original timeline. Due to reasons we don't see (in probably any game), male Corrin sides with Hoshido. Assume all the games occur on this timeline at some point. World comes to an end due to the Fire Emblem being unusable, but the person who's now playing the time travelling gambit wants to save the world.

Conquest is where most time manipulation occurs. Laslow/Odin/Selena meeting Corrin, Kris meeting Marth, Mark(Morgan) meeting Lyndis/Eliwood/Hector, and Robin/Lucina meeting Chrom. It also explains why Nohr and Hoshido are known when you talk to Chrom in Before Awakening (or at least while I was playing Conquest), but Valla is still not. This is also the timeline in which Corrin's gender gets flipped from male to female. Yeah, gender flipping!

Revelations is basically said time manipulator realizing what few mistakes they made in Conquest are and correcting those. No idea what those are, as this is now our current timeline, but I think by the time the next game comes out, we'll probably know. One of them, I'm sure is that Valla needs to return to history.

BTW, I've only got two suspects in the time manipulation person identity. Anna and Hubba. Heck, the two could even be working together for all I know.

Work in progress, I know, but I really do think I'm onto something here.

Ryoma is, ironically, allergic to lobster

The canon choice is to join Smash

Xander idolizes Camus

The Brynhildr was originally going to be inherited by Camilla, but she refused it for unknown reasons

The reason Camilla dotes on Corrin is because Corrin saved her from a wild horse

I have... so many of these... but I suppose some of my few are...

Camilla's mother pushed her to assassinate Marx when she was a child, and she originally was willing to do so, but Marx showed genuine affection and willingness to be her brother, and surprised by that, Camilla forged a real bond with him and refused her mother's orders. She's been around a long time in the concubine wars, and killing was second-nature to her from a young age. She harbours a lot of regret and self-loathing for her role in the fighting, and she projects all of that into her protectiveness for her siblings. Kamui and Elise most, as they had never seen the true extent of the in-fighting in Nohr. She, as well as Leon and Elise, also suffered mistreatment in the courts due to being bastard children who were only recognized legitimate because of Garon.

Camilla's wyvern was a source of companionship and comfort for her in her youth, and she grew extremely attached to it as she grew older. The same can be said for the other siblings' and their respective mounts. Incidentally, as a gag, Camilla's wyvern is named Myrrh, Marx's horse is Hector, and Leon's is Knoll. Elise named hers L'Arachel.

Sometime before Saizo and Orochi's S-Support, Orochi went to Kagerou and explained that she was having feelings for Saizo, and sought her approval in case anything went farther, due to their prior relationship... Around this time, Kagerou was also talking to Orochi about her changing feelings for Ryouma. The two essentially gave each other the words they needed to hear to progress with their relationships with their respective men, and Kagerou gave Orochi her full endorsement to go ahead with Saizo. I really loved their friendship, okay?

Selena, Odin, and Lazward, shortly before their departure, tell their respective lords their true names and histories. Their lords grant them an informal release from their service, as well as well-wishes and express a desire to see them again. They also apologize for drawing them into a second war so soon after they suffered a first one.

I have... so many of these... but I suppose some of my few are...

Camilla's mother pushed her to assassinate Marx when she was a child, and she originally was willing to do so, but Marx showed genuine affection and willingness to be her brother, and surprised by that, Camilla forged a real bond with him and refused her mother's orders. She's been around a long time in the concubine wars, and killing was second-nature to her from a young age. She harbours a lot of regret and self-loathing for her role in the fighting, and she projects all of that into her protectiveness for her siblings. Kamui and Elise most, as they had never seen the true extent of the in-fighting in Nohr. She, as well as Leon and Elise, also suffered mistreatment in the courts due to being bastard children who were only recognized legitimate because of Garon.

Camilla's wyvern was a source of companionship and comfort for her in her youth, and she grew extremely attached to it as she grew older. The same can be said for the other siblings' and their respective mounts. Incidentally, as a gag, Camilla's wyvern is named Myrrh, Marx's horse is Hector, and Leon's is Knoll. Elise named hers L'Arachel.

Selena, Odin, and Lazward, shortly before their departure, tell their respective lords their true names and histories. Their lords grant them an informal release from their service, as well as well-wishes and express a desire to see them again. They also apologize for drawing them into a second war so soon after they suffered a first one.

I like these three

[spoiler=bullshit I believe containing minor spoilers and Takumi as Donald Trump]Takumi is the one responsible for getting the Great Wall you fight him on in Conquest built. Consequently, his siblings gave him the nickname Donald.

Takumi once lead an anti litter campaign in Hoshido with the slogan, "Make Hoshido Great Again"

Corrin, while treated well in Nohr, was treated poorly in his brief time in Hoshido. Ryoma and the Hoshidan siblings go out of their way to prevent him from knowing this to get him to stay.

The five legendary weapons were forged by dragons who appeared in earlier installments in the series, Siegfried was made by Medeus, Brynhildr by Myrrh, Yato by Tiki, Fujin Yumi by Ninian, and Raijinato by Fae

Edited by MCProductions

A couple of my head-canons...

HC #1: Xander and Camilla were more affected by Azura's kidnapping than anyone ever knew, which resulted in the amount of love and care given to Corrin. Leo wasn't as affected as he had always been told to stay away from Azura, and, being the dutiful son he was, did so he wasn't as close. This resulted in some distance in his relationships with Xander and Camilla, which led to his insecurity.

Supports That Could Have Been:

Camilla: What do you mean?

Leo: You don't know? Both you and Xander are the same... For you, it's always about [Corrin], and for Xander, it's always about [Corrin] and the war. Elise and I? We...we're ignored.

HC#2: Losing his father devastated him as he idolized his father, so when he lost his mother too, it pushed his hatred for Nohr over the edge. Love can push even the most moralistic of men to do things that they would have never done and grow up in its bitter shadow. Takumi had always loved his parents - Mikoto patiently teaching him the way of the bow, and Sumeragi the way of the sword (refer to F!Corrin Support w/Hinata for swordart talk) and sought to make them proud. Neglected by Ryoma (crown prince duties) and Hinoka (military and obsession with finding Corrin), he grew to be an insecure and fragile-minded individual despite his facade.

Support(s) that I really wished had been there:

Takumi: Why should you care? Don't you have your duties to attend to? [Corrin] to look after?

Hinoka: You're still my brother, Takumi. And family always cares.

Takumi: Really? So where were you for the past few years ever since [Corrin's] kidnapping? Leaving me and Sakura to our own devices, and only focusing on getting [Corrin] back.

If family did really matter, you wouldn't have ignored us.

Hinoka: Takumi -

Takumi: ...I'm leaving.