Most annoying/brutal chapters in each route?

Hero/Bow Knight Felicia is all about being strong at base, not as a growth unit. She and Jakob are both kinda jagenish regardless of how they are played, but Hero/Bow Knight Felicia is even moreso.

I've played through Conquest twice, and Chapter 24 (Hinoka's map) makes me want to chuck my DS off my balcony. Not being able to save at endgame is pretty annoying too though. Who's bright idea at IS was that?

In fairness, both maps are pretty short by the standards of the game (if you've taken more than 5 turns to beat Endgame, my feeling is you probably didn't approach it right, and 27 shouldn't be much longer), so once you're skipping the scenes it's a lot like just redoing one map except you have to re-use any tonics etc. between them (which admittedly is annoying).

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hero/Bow Knight Felicia is all about being strong at base, not as a growth unit. She and Jakob are both kinda jagenish regardless of how they are played, but Hero/Bow Knight Felicia is even moreso.

Dunno about that.

She can spam levin/bolt/shine pretty nicely with a metric fuckton of breakers.

Edited by joshcja

Axebreaker, Tomebreaker, Swordbreaker, Bowbreaker...Felicia could use some of these four, maybe all but possibly none of them.

I assume you meant Shurikenbreaker.

Actually the only breaker she couldn't get is Sword and Lance

Axe Shuri - Merc

Tome - Maid

Bow - Sorc(Flora)

The only way to get Sword is Wyvern, and the only way to get Lance is Blacksmith.

Theres no Male Wyvern, and Blacksmith is Corrin only

I assume you meant Shurikenbreaker.

For Felicia:

*Axebreaker: Well, your main weakness to physical weapons can't be more glaring due to your bad HP/Defense growths which give you rather poor stats and when the particular weapon has the weapon advantage against you... Also at most you can tank one non-Berserker Axe hit to the face before you die in a more durable class.

*Tomebreaker: Anti-mage killer, helps when you consider that some tomes/scrolls can really pack a punch if the enemy has a very high Magic stat (Sorcerer/Witch) by standard. Also helps you cope with opposing Nohrian Noble Kamui's since they'll most likely pack one or two tomes.

*Swordbreaker (optional): Helps you hit very fast Swordmasters and can help you screw up any Sword/Katana-reliant Kamui or user. Pretty useful if you know that your opponents use sword classes most of the time.

*Bowbreaker (optional): Let's say that unless your opponent doesn't specialize in critical-hits, you're not going to survive two hits from a smithed Bow. With Ballistician now out, you will want to avoid being pummeled to death if they close in on you. Also, you have better survival against any Bow-user not named Snipers who are the most accurate Bow-users in the game.

*Shurikenbreaker (optional or not): Elite Ninjas do a OTKO on you since your below-average HP/Defense growths (bad stats in the end) make you an easy target to KO'd by debuff spam. Helps you hit said pesky Ninjas as well since you get a +50 Hit Rate boost if they currently have a Shuriken/Knife equipped.

Feel free to correct me on the Breakerskills that Felicia could, should or should not use to keep her alive in battle.

For Felicia:

*Axebreaker: Well, your main weakness to physical weapons can't be more glaring due to your bad HP/Defense growths which give you rather poor stats and when the particular weapon has the weapon advantage against you... Also at most you can tank one non-Berserker Axe hit to the face before you die in a more durable class.

*Tomebreaker: Anti-mage killer, helps when you consider that some tomes/scrolls can really pack a punch if the enemy has a very high Magic stat (Sorcerer/Witch) by standard. Also helps you cope with opposing Nohrian Noble Kamui's since they'll most likely pack one or two tomes.

*Swordbreaker (optional): Helps you hit very fast Swordmasters and can help you screw up any Sword/Katana-reliant Kamui or user. Pretty useful if you know that your opponents use sword classes most of the time.

*Bowbreaker (optional): Let's say that unless your opponent doesn't specialize in critical-hits, you're not going to survive two hits from a smithed Bow. With Ballistician now out, you will want to avoid being pummeled to death if they close in on you. Also, you have better survival against any Bow-user not named Snipers who are the most accurate Bow-users in the game.

*Shurikenbreaker (optional or not): Elite Ninjas do a OTKO on you since your below-average HP/Defense growths (bad stats in the end) make you an easy target to KO'd by debuff spam. Helps you hit said pesky Ninjas as well since you get a +50 Hit Rate boost if they currently have a Shuriken/Knife equipped.

Feel free to correct me on the Breakerskills that Felicia could, should or should not use to keep her alive in battle.

Actually, I was calling attention to her being unable to get Wyvern (and Swordbreaker with it) short of marrying a Corrin that had it as his Talent. Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Actually the only breaker she couldn't get is Sword and Lance

Axe Shuri - Merc

Tome - Maid

Bow - Sorc(Flora)

The only way to get Sword is Wyvern, and the only way to get Lance is Blacksmith.

Theres no Male Wyvern, and Blacksmith is Corrin only

Multiple save files of Kamui having the classes for the Breaker skills she can't normally get then using her logbook self to learn the Breaker skills that the logbook unit ended up getting from those other files. I know I'm confusing as is but short summary:

1) Do multiple save files (if you have the patience and dedication to do so only) with Kamui having all the classes (that match their talent) that contain the Breaker skills that Felicia can't obtain without marrying/A+ supporting.

2) Marry Felicia and reclass her to your Talent Class so she can learn that Breaker skill then use the Einherjar Shop to buy Felicia as a logbook unit with the skills desired. You can have as many Felicias as you want (until you hit the max logbook limit) with the skills you want via this method but it takes the time and will to do so.

Yeah but i always assume a single PT for those kind of things

Also lets be honest here

The most important breaker is Shuriken because its Shuriken

PVP breaker is irrelevant because PVP is Falcon Knight Laslow, Falcon Knight filler, Speed Boon Corrin, Niles!Shigure!Kana and Warp Azura

Yeah but i always assume a single PT for those kind of things

Also lets be honest here

The most important breaker is Shuriken because its Shuriken

PVP breaker is irrelevant because PVP is Falcon Knight Laslow, Falcon Knight filler, Speed Boon Corrin, Niles!Shigure!Kana and Warp Azura

The only way for Felicia to get the needed Breaker skills is by using multiple save files that have Kamui marrying her with the talent classes that she needs, sadly.

If there are so many Flyers in PvP like that, then my Bow-users are going to have a field day.

Until an enemy Warps next to your Azura after another enemy gets near her and OHKO's her...

Seriously speaking the PVP of Fates can be summed up as kill the enemy falcon knight first

It doesn't matter how good your units are. The moment you don't have any Falcon Knight in your team anymore, you lose

Seriously speaking the PVP of Fates can be summed up as kill the enemy falcon knight first

It doesn't matter how good your units are. The moment you don't have any Falcon Knight in your team anymore, you lose

Which is why I don't rely on Flyers so much in set-ups in PvP.

Which is also why I don't like Hinoka's Boss Chapter in CQ (Chapter 24) so much if I forget to have a Bow Knight or someone who can tank hits for a long time.

The secret to triple digit/nothing, win/loss ratio is run move+1 on your FK lol. Then absolutely nothing on their team matters.

Also you're over focusing speed man.gotta get them 100% CoS brave orko's on wary asshats.

Edited by joshcja

Yeah ironically Wary Fighter is one of few reliable counter to the Falcon Knight strats, but if the team lack Falcon Knight all that will happen is Kana/Corin rushing forward, and 4RKO the Wary Fighter, and then go back home because Falcon Knight is totally balanced and fair

Yeah ironically Wary Fighter is one of few reliable counter to the Falcon Knight strats, but if the team lack Falcon Knight all that will happen is Kana/Corin rushing forward, and 4RKO the Wary Fighter, and then go back home because Falcon Knight is totally balanced and fair

Nah. Just warp in your god tier zerker/sorc and hit the button.

Unpaired srs maiden = Rip Iggy, you tried.

Edited by joshcja

Nah. Just warp in your god tier zerker/sorc and hit the button.

Rip Iggy, you tried.

Warp those Zerkers or Sorcerers if they're alive unless your enemies also Repli-Warped their units to your own units and defeated everyone that your team relies on for victory. Can't get Warp on your males yet, so you better have a lot of female Zerkers/Sorcerers if you plan to have Zerks/Sorcerers with Warp equipped.

Odin would like a word with you, he says his daughter can beat your units with ease.

Edited by Emblem Blade

Warp those Zerkers or Sorcerers if they're alive unless your enemies also Repli-Warped their units to your own units and defeated everyone that your team relies on for victory. Can't get Warp on your males yet, so you better have a lot of female Zerkers/Sorcerers if you plan to have Zerks/Sorcerers with Warp equipped.

Odin would like a word with you, he says his daughter can beat your units with ease.

Just always pull the trigger first ^_^

ez

Just always pull the trigger first ^_^

ez

Eh...I don't know how easy that is, after seeing online teams mostly or entirely composed of logbook Kamuis + Main Kamui with Replicate + Warp + Filler Skills running around. My life has gone horrible. Especially since I had an epic screw up (that almost caused me to get a Game Over) in Museum Melee that resulted from me Warping and Replicating too much. I can describe what happened if you're wondering why I said an 'Epic Screw up' when a Lunatic/Classic run of no-losses allowed requires planning.

Edited by Emblem Blade

Eh...I don't know how easy that is, after seeing online teams mostly or entirely composed of logbook Kamuis + Main Kamui with Replicate + Warp + Filler Skills running around. My life has gone horrible. Especially since I had an epic screw up (that almost caused me to get a Game Over) in Museum Melee that resulted from me Warping and Replicating too much. I can describe what happened if you're wondering why I said an 'Epic Screw up' when a Lunatic/Classic run of no-losses allowed requires planning.

Well

Corin is never not an ohko so...

Ez

Edited by joshcja

Well

Corin and kana are never not an ohko so...

Its ez.

If you can recall that the Kinshi Knight boss in Museum Melee has Counter and her flying allies who stay with her have Dragonic Ward...

What happened in that particular (I haven't done Chapter 21 yet so this is going on during my current status) is that I have my Lvl 45 F! Kamui (Great Lord with all but HP (4 points from max but tonic'd for every stat), Mag and Res capped) try to finish the boss off asap as I got every item from every chest possible (she had stolen a Brave Sword and a Brave Lance that I wanted) and of course my Kamui was paired up with Paladin Xander (Str/Def boost) for more movement (+9 total). F! Kamui activates Astra and since I had briefly forgotten that the Kinshi Knight had COUNTER equipped and that my F! Kamui was using a Brave Sword...

The battle went like this:

*Astra activates and then the five hits become...Crit (Counter) -> 4 Normal Hits (Counter each time), Astra again which is four normal hits (Dragonic Ward + Counter), then when Dragonic Ward activated on the 5th hit (10th hit because of 2 Astras in a row), F! Kamui lands a critical-hit KOing the boss and surviving with just ONE HP left. I thought that RNG decided to troll me until the last moment...

Edited by Emblem Blade

Started playing Conquest, and the first chapter that starts really giving me hell is - what else - chapter 10. If it ain't one thing, it's another. More often than not, it's something stupid... Or something stupidly unlucky (like Camilla failing to one-round Oboro, which I absolutely cannot afford happening).

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got around to playing Revelations, so here goes

Hard Revelations - Chapter 17. I was playing on Lunatic, so having to go straight to 17 was one of the most challenging things for me. I had no chance to get new skills or train different characters for the occasion, and was thrown right into the fight.

Annoying Revelations - Just like Birthright, the chapter with the ninja map. Might have been Chapter 9? The spikes were annoying, and if you don't get to Orochi in 1 turn, she'll get killed. I ended up losing Reina at the very end of the chapter (which upset me a lot) and just gave up because it wasn't worth playing the chapter again. At least I got my husband in this chapter.

Birthright: Chapter 10. "Ninjas are Dicks," the videogame.

I haven't played Conquest yet.

Revelation: I forget the number but it's the one where you wreck Xander and Ryoma. My main struggle was deciding between taking down the royals or dropping the flood gates, since both would have screwed me equally. I eventually went with taking down the royals, which surprisingly wasn't hard considering I had my nearly flawless strategy (which someone said wouldn't work.)

Chapter 17 was difficult for me as well, constant enemies spawning were a pain until I got down to the Ballistae. Reina+Mini Bow on the far left, Takumi on the far right, and Kana straight down the middle. I fought through the hordes and whittled Iago's health down just enough for Effie to come in with the final blow.

I'm surprised people had trouble with chap. 10 Birthright. Even going in blind on Lunatic I had pretty much no problems. I mean, Rinkah and Setsuna have the advantage, AND they give you Tank-umi at the beginning of the chapter who can OHKO any of the Ninja on the map.

My problem chapter was the one with all the flying units on the boat, but that was because I also wanted the stuff in the goodies bag (why are they giving me a Snake Spirit this early in the game? Who cares, free stuff!) but I didn't know when all the reinforcements would arrive and when the enemy units (especially that Malig Knight) would begin their assaults.

In Revs, the only problem chapter was Cp. 17, and only because it wouldn't let me save, when I first played I didn't know where the enemy reinforcements were, AND because it saddles you with "worst timing ever" the four person group.

I honestly want to say that Cp. 7 Conquest is difficult, but really it might just feel like it because you only have two units you could have possibly trained up by this point. I've yet to play the rest of Conquest.

I'm surprised people had trouble with chap. 10 Birthright. Even going in blind on Lunatic I had pretty much no problems. I mean, Rinkah and Setsuna have the advantage, AND they give you Tank-umi at the beginning of the chapter who can OHKO any of the Ninja on the map.

I feel the situation is just awful all around - constant damage, with a team composed primarily of units that can't take more than 2 hits without dying, and having the "best" answers to ninjas being units that have accuracy issues (and Setsuna in particular is fragile) is a recipe for headache.