People who have completed revelation

HylianTiki

I always assumed there were some people left over in Valla afterwards, like Anthony, or whatever his name was. Like, he was part of Anankos' army, but he also seemed to have an actual free will, unlike the resurrected people you fight. Plus, it's only been about twenty years since Anankos ousted the former royalty, so there could have been pockets of survivors left somewhere.

Anthony was that boy's name, but one can only believe that he was killed in Chapter 21 by the team. As for other survivors in the Old Valla, unless they managed to hide somewhere safe where Anakos couldn't find them when he went around killing everyone in the kingdom back then in the past, I'm doubt that there was anyone else who was alive and not revived as a 'puppet'. But given how vast the Old Valla was by looking at the map alone and that players can't travel the kingdom (as we can only visit places that were present as Chapters), there is a chance that some people could have survived the massacre before the game took place.

So … the real reason why a New Valla exists for Kamui to become king or queen of is because the writers decided that Kamui wasn't Mary Sue enough and had to make them a king/queen at the end of the "true" path?

I can buy that.

I always assumed there were some people left over in Valla afterwards, like Anthony, or whatever his name was. Like, he was part of Anankos' army, but he also seemed to have an actual free will, unlike the resurrected people you fight. Plus, it's only been about twenty years since Anankos ousted the former royalty, so there could have been pockets of survivors left somewhere.

Azura flat out says that nobody is alive in Valla anymore - she might've been wrong given that Anthony (I thought his name was Lontao; how did it become Anthony?) seems to be alive, or it's the haphazard writing rearing its ugly head again, but those pockets of survivors must be very, very few; definitely not enough to warrant getting an entirely new kingdom.

Speaking of Valla, and this might seem like a very basic question but...are we ever told what the deal is with that place? Like, why it's in another dimension or whatever it is?

Edited by Thane

Speaking of Valla, and this might seem like a very basic question but...are we ever told what the deal is with that place? Like, why it's in another dimension or whatever it is?

Not that I remember. I could check the Dragon Texts but I doubt they say anything either.

Azura flat out says that nobody is alive in Valla anymore - she might've been wrong about Anthony, or it's the haphazard writing rearing its ugly head again, but those pockets of survivors must be very, very few; definitely not enough to warrant getting an entirely new kingdom.

Probably little to no survivors outside of Anthony which can still be treated as no survivors as outside of Anthony, there is no other actual living survivor that lived in Valla shown at all as everyone who appears is a reborn puppet. Seeing how bleak and dead Valla is by the time Kamui, Azura and Jakob/Felicia first arrive at that place, I have a lot of doubt that anyone really could survive Anakos's rampage if they didn't flee the kingdom when he went completely insane.

Valla (the Old) was never detailed on why the main entrance is between Hoshido and Nohr, or if it was it was never properly elaborated on to make enough sense even with Azura giving more information in Revelations. When you look at the map, the entire kingdom is in the air far above the main continent (you can see a blur below which looks like the continent where Nohr and Hoshido are found) but the entrance is either granted through two different areas: Jumping into the Bottomless Canyon aka Non-Bottomless Canyon as if it was bottomless then you would never hit solid ground (which opens and closes after so many years as Azura and Gunter (somewhat) apparently point out in Chapter 7 due to the stars and sky above Nohr and Hoshido changing over each other) or by entering the lake that Azura was first met (as shown in Conquest), the latter only being with Azura helping you. Let alone what the maps shows four rather big continents and some smaller islands for the Old Valla, we never get to see more locations on each Island/continent of the kingdom itself to get more insight.

Probably little to no survivors outside of Anthony which can still be treated as no survivors as outside of Anthony, there is no other actual living survivor that lived in Valla shown at all as everyone who appears is a reborn puppet. Seeing how bleak and dead Valla is by the time Kamui, Azura and Jakob/Felicia first arrive at that place, I have a lot of doubt that anyone really could survive Anakos's rampage if they didn't flee the kingdom when he went completely insane.

Valla (the Old) was never detailed on why the main entrance is between Hoshido and Nohr, or if it was it was never properly elaborated on to make enough sense even with Azura giving more information in Revelations. When you look at the map, the entire kingdom is in the air far above the main continent (you can see a blur below which looks like the continent where Nohr and Hoshido are found) but the entrance is either granted through two different areas: Jumping into the Bottomless Canyon aka Non-Bottomless Canyon as if it was bottomless then you would never hit solid ground (which opens and closes after so many years as Azura and Gunter (somewhat) apparently point out in Chapter 7 due to the stars and sky above Nohr and Hoshido changing over each other) or by entering the lake that Azura was first met (as shown in Conquest), the latter only being with Azura helping you. Let alone what the maps shows four rather big continents and some smaller islands for the Old Valla, we never get to see more locations on each Island/continent of the kingdom itself to get more insight.

Yeah, that part I know, but I'm just baffled that there's so little basic knowledge to go on. Like, did it have flying islands before Anankos threw his little hissy fit or is that somehow a result of it? I know I shouldn't spend time thinking about this since I'll only get upset and annoyed at the writers, but I can't help it sometimes.

How about this for a headcanon? Apart from Azura, MANY people fled Valla and settled in Nohr/Hoshido when Anankos went berserk. After Anankos is killed and the curse is lifted(?) the survivors from Valla are able to come together to populate the new Valla?

How about this for a headcanon? Apart from Azura, MANY people fled Valla and settled in Nohr/Hoshido when Anankos went berserk. After Anankos is killed and the curse is lifted(?) the survivors from Valla are able to come together to populate the new Valla?

I can accept this.

I kinda wanna know where it's located though. In canon.

Yeah, that part I know, but I'm just baffled that there's so little basic knowledge to go on. Like, did it have flying islands before Anankos threw his little hissy fit or is that somehow a result of it? I know I shouldn't spend time thinking about this since I'll only get upset and annoyed at the writers, but I can't help it sometimes.

Well I can only think of two possible solutions for the fragmented kingdom and it comes after...

If Anakos is able to bring the dead back to 'life' as puppets and send them to places who-knows-how-far away from Valla (the Old), that requires a lot of power. Additionally, if he can send people or beings through time and space to different lands (aka Hidden Truths for Odin [Owain], Laslow [inigo] and Selena [severa] from an alternate timeline in Awakening), that also requires a huge amount of power. I would most certainly have to say that transporting beings from one universe to another would take more power and energy than destroying just one continent since time and space is far more vast and expansive.

Now the two solutions for possibly why Old Valla looked like it did if it was before just one singe continent:

*During Anakos' rampage the land couldn't take the strain of his power as he killed every living being who tried to flee or remain behind and broke apart.

*Should it have been split apart before his rampage, it's possible that the kingdom was already declining. I would say it is entirely not surprising if the continent's unavoidable break-up were to symbolize the events of the each path where families and friends who before had no desire to wage war ended up fighting each other.

Now that I look at the map for Old Valla...I'm getting a pretty strong feeling that...

It looks like a landholder that looks like the world map that Awakening had that was in itself a placeholder for where all the other games took place (Akaneia, Jugdral, Elibes, Sacred Stones and Tellius) when you looked at the map carefully. I know I sound really ridiculous and confusing right now but that is what I'm thinking of when I look at the Old Valla world map.

It doesn't hurt to speculate or guess the possible reasons for events before or during the game but the translation of people's wording on posts can cause misunderstanding.

The bottomless canyon is sealed, but what about the alternate way? In Conquest, at least Azura travels to Valla via a lake. Still, it is pretty vague.

I always just thought Azura (and Corn) could travel to Valla via any body of water. Everyone else has to jump into the Bottomless Canyon. Maybe anyone descended from Vallite Royalty can do that? idk