One thing that I've been confused about, looking at the design of the dancer (shown below), is what exactly each part is supposed to be called. I haven't been able to find anything that could help me start identifying, say, the ribbon-thing connecting her wrists. Can anyone help me actually find the names for these things?

I'm not sure if it even has an official name, but it's pretty similar to (though wider than and not as long as) the ribbons used in rhythmic gymnastics.

In belly dancing they would probably refer to that particular piece as the veil. Although it's usually much thicker and not really connected to the wrist.

As for the rest of the things... It's kinda just a custom outfit as far as I can tell. Any other specifics you wanna ask about? (No guarantees that I can actually help, but I will try)

The scarf piece is called a veil, which is the belly dancing term (as mentioned above). Most FE dancers are at least loosely designed after belly dancing outfits, even if the connection is strenuous.

I couldn't find a name of the connecting bracelet, though I did find examples of belly dancers tying veils and wings to to arms with elastic straps so that they wouldn't constantly have to hold them. I dunno how they did it without elastic or how exactly the FE ones work (maybe they tied into the bracelet? Hirota's Laylea art seems to imply that the veil is wrapped within two bracelets, at least).

I found this girl, who actually looks a look like Ninian. I guess that ribbon is a veil.

And I think most of the other pieces are a bit easier to describe. A small top, a miniskirt, and I guess maybe Lalum and Tethys's pants.

Don't forget the bracelets, the leg bracelets(I have no idea if this is the correct term), the ribbon in her hair, and the toe ring.

Edited by Matthewtheman

...I think the correct term is ankle bracelet.

I think you're right.

EDIT: Thanks to that link, I'm now getting ads for belly dancer veils.

Edited by Matthewtheman

I think you're right.

EDIT: Thanks to that link, I'm now getting ads for belly dancer veils.

Last I checked, the term for bracelets worn on the ankles was 'anklet'. Unless there are two completely different kinds and everything I know is a lie...

Last I checked, the term for bracelets worn on the ankles was 'anklet'. Unless there are two completely different kinds and everything I know is a lie...

Yeah, that also seems to work. Probably colloquialisms at play.