Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Clouds of Malice Gameplay Thread

Moblin Major General

The Piplup startled her, he claims to be royalty, and wants to be a leader. It's safer to travel with a group, and a group needs a leader who knows what they're doing. Beatrix recalled her brother said once. Her brother was the leader of his group, but Beatrix barely knows how to survive, much less to lead. This Piplup looks confident, most likely he's experienced a lot, and he's also royalty. Beatrix doesn't see why not. "I don't see why not, I suppose. As long as you know what you're doing umm... Your Royal Highness." The books her mother forced her to read turned out to be more useful than she thought.

Edited by A Random Player

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beth looked towards Phillipe. "So, you are royalty, huh? I don't really want to be a leader, so I guess you should be then." She said, before looking towards the group. "Ah yes, I should introduce myself to you others, I am Beth. Also, what exactly are you doing here on this plateau?" She inquired.

I decided to ''wake up'' at that moment, everyone looked at me for a moment, I could swear that if I was alone with Beth, she would probably give me a hard time by judjing the way she looks at me.

''*yawn* Hi everyone! Very sorry, Erusea, the sound made me go unconscious again. So, uhh... thanks.''

''So, what's going on?''

I try to not look at Beth but I'll have to face the music eventually.

"Well, how else should I be nominated?" I ask. "Via a series of convoluted voting processes where population size doesn't matter and what the people want can be easily overruled? That's clearly absurd." Turning to Beth, I respond "We are here because this plateau is an optimal location for a base of operations, due to its central location and the fact that it has flat ground, making it easy to construct structures."

"I propose something more interesting. As we are a fledgeling society, strength far outstrips pedigree in terms of usefulness. I propose a caucus by combat." Erusea had not yet seen Phillipe's full combat potential, and wanted to see if he could back up his bravado.

''Combat?'', I said to myself

''I hope this is only for Erusea and Phillipe and not for everyone.''

''Because if this is not the case...''

I take a quick glance at Beth.

''I'll have to fight her or someone else.''

''And I don't want to show my secrets.''

''I must stay neutral.''

Edited by Nym

Beatrix's eyes glimmered when she heard the notion. Part of why she wanted to go on an adventure was to fight. And fighting Pokemon without killing each other would be great practice to prepare for fighting feral or even shadow Pokemon. "I agree." She immediately replied. She wanted to know what may be her future teammates are capable of, but most of all she just wanted to fight.

Hearing, the Eevee's complaint, she can sense that he's scared, but she's not going to let this chance slip away because of a coward. "How will fighting show your secrets? If we're staying together, I don't even think you should keep secrets" she said as she glanced at the Eevee angrily.

Her comment surprised me: ''Wait, what?''

I was talking in my head, I said nothing outloud. Unless...

She can read my mind!?

Mom was right about psychic Pokémons, they have incredible powers.

However, I need to calm down this Rats.

I replied: ''Secrets? Don't make me laugh! What, you wanna fight? I bet I can beat you with my eyes closed!''

Oops...

I have to be careful, this is not ''my'' usual behavior.

''I... mean, I w-wish I... COULD fight, but if-if you want to fight, go ahead...''

Edited by Nym

Beth grinned. "(Oh, this is perfect. )" She thought. "I agree as well, this should be interesting." She said, even if it was just between Erusea and Phillipe, she wanted to see just what they could do. Besides, if it was more than just those two, then she'd have the perfect opportunity to get back at Nym, she thought to herself.

A trial by combat? Really? "Anyone can fight enough Rattatas to get physically stronger," I retort dismissively. "True leadership ability is wholly unrelated to physical strength. But, very well. I accept your challenge. I suggest, however, that we make this quick. It would not do to remain divided for too long."

I don't really care who end up being the leader, and I certainly don't want to be the leader.

The problem is: Beth'll probably either force me to fight her in the dojo or she'll wait until both Erusea and Phillipe is gone for giving me a hard time.

My best option would be first: I'll not said anything. When the rain'll stops, I'll take a sprint to the way of the dojo, Beth will probably think that I'll go to the dojo so she'll probably ask if she can participate. In reality, I'll be on my way to the Pelliper Mail Office.

Beth'll have no choices but to fight while I delay my punishement for a little bit longer.

Ugh, are we really going to fight over the leadership role in the most primal way possible? I for one knew I couldn't win. I only have one ability that even does any damage, and some of these Pokemon are fierce.

"Do what you will." I said. I retreated to the side of the room, and decided to have a look at what I found while waiting for the rain to go out.

When I woke up, only Erusea was already gone, I saw Phillipe on his way to the dojo, the rest of the team was still asleep.

Now is my chance!

I get up and I take an apple in my Adventure Pouch while making the least noise that I can possibly do.

I hope nobody will wake up.

I was about to be on my way towards my hiding place when I heard someone talking.

Uh oh, things are not according to the plan.

I turned around, facing the Rats.

Edited by Nym

The Eevee got all defensive and denied having secrets when Beatrix confronted him about it. She was confused, wasn't he the one who said that he had secrets in the first place? Unless she was reading her mind, which she had never done before. She could sense emotions like everyone in her family but reading minds directly is another thing entirely.

Regardless, things didn't go exactly according to her plan. The Nidoran, Euresia will fight Phillipe, the Espurr seems to have all but walked out, and the Eevee is scared for some reason. At first she thought he was just a coward, but there might be something else. What was his name again? Beatrix realize that she doesn't know, she should fix that. And that leaves her with Beth, eager as she is to fight, even she is afraid of the Zangoose. One hit from her (Beth is a her, right?) will knock Beatrix out cold. Looks like she'll have to sit out as well. At least she can still see what the Nidoran is capable of, and also the Prince. The Prince mostly, she's very eager to see what someone from royalty is capable of.

Firstly though, she should apologize to the Eevee, he didn't deserve her berating. "Um, I'm sorry for shouting at you. I got caught up in the moment hehe, I'm Beatrix, nice to meet you!" Nice to meet you , how ridiculous, she thought.

I could just ignore the Rats and run away to my hiding place.

But that would be very rude. I'll face Beth if she wake up since I need a friend at some point,

I opened my mouth but nothing come out of it.

It's so difficult to talk with girls.

I think my head is the same color as the apple that I'm currently holding.

''N-nice to meet you uhh... B-Beatrix. I-I'm Nym. I-I'm also... s-sorry for shouting at you. A-As you can see, I-I'm very... s-shy.''

Why can't I talk without sounding like an idiot, sorry...

I wanted to see if she could read my mind or I talked outloud when I was thinking about my secret.

Edited by Nym

I enter the dojo to see Erusea already there. I don't like having to do this, but I need to establish myself if I am to remain in charge. A leader needs to show themselves to be able to handle opposition; my father told me that. This could be tough, but I should win; the Nidoran is part Ground, after all. I ready my Water gun, and motion with my flipper for Erusea to come forwards.

When she heard the Eevee's reply, Beatrix can't help but giggle. He as shy as her little brother, she thought. I wonder how they're doing right now, she thought. "Nym is it? Well I hope we can be friends. Are you coming to the dojo? I'm honestly very excited about it, I don't get to see many battles where I come from." Just then she spotted Phillipe entering the dojo, "Looks like it's starting soon, I'll see you inside." Beatrix says, as she runs excitedly to the dojo, not wanting to miss a second of the battle.

[spoiler=OOC]Don't know if it's intentional but Nidoran doesn't get ground typing until Nidoking

She didn't hear my thoughts, I talked outloud after all.

I really want to see the battle but I will be careful, just in case.

''Hey! Wait for me, B-Beatrix!'', I said, entering the dojo.

Look like it's about to begin.