Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Clouds of Malice Gameplay Thread

Moblin Major General

"Phillipe, have I told you where I come from? Who I am? I don't believe so, but as my lieutenant, you have a right to know. I believe that, as a student of geopolitics, that you are aware of the 'Barbarians of the Forest?' That's what my people were referred to by 'civilized Pokemon.' The truth is, my people have had to exist between the borders of empires, city-states, free cities, and Shadow Pokemon zones. The last is how I came to find this place. I had left our encampment to find some food nearby, but I had then realized that I had gone in the wrong direction, which had me wandering for several hours. When I finally returned, the camp was ablaze, most were dead or had fled, and I saw my father dying. He said, 'cloaked in Shadows, they came. Evil, unrepentant, and certainly intent on spreading death. Your kingdom is elsewhere, for mine has fallen.' I have yet to mourn the loss of my tribe or my father. And I won't, until I can make Horizon safe. My tribe was landless for too long, and now, they will ever be. You see now why I have done as I have. There is nothing for me outside of this, but the world bows to you in all your endeavors. I would deign to allow one such as you power here, if only because I know there is something much greater for you in the future." Erusea turned and lowered his head. "I doubt you find me prudent, but I assure you, I intend only the best for the denizens here."

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like to be underwater, it's quite relaxing.

Fear not, for some reason, when I'm underwater, I don't revert back to an Eevee even if I'm in a different mood.

While I was swimming, I found 2 big orbs in the bottom of the river and a some kind of disk.

I wonder if all this stuff could be useful. Oh well, don't mind if I do.

I put everything in my Adventure Pouch. I had that great idea to empty my bag and bring it for the battle.

Wait, now that I think of it, I used Flare Blitz when I was angry but, my bag didn't burn at all. Of what material is this bag made of?

I get out of the water, changing back to an Eevee, and head back in the camp.

I bet they are still talking about that boring stuff, I'll go to the camp. After all, I need to prepare myself for my uhh... ''punishement''.

Edited by Nym

Well. I... don't really know how to respond to that. But... I look up. "I can't claim to know how it must have been growing up in fear of such attacks," I say, "but I think that your goal of protecting others from them is noble. I would be happy to assist you in it."

Something struck me when I was about to me on my way, I don't think I'm allowed to do everything I want now. Erusea would punish me more if I would go somewhere without his permission.

I ran and got back in the river. I waited a few minutes.

Then Erusea came and tapped the river with his foot, telling me to get out and transform if I could.

I jumped and immediately reverted back to an Eevee. I want to show him what I found.

''Hey, Erusea, do you know what are those 2 big orbs and this disk?''

Nym got out of the water and showed 2 Orbs and what looked like a TM. "As soon as I set up a storage unit with Ms. Kangaskhan, I'll reserve these for the main group. For now, I'll keep them with me, especially the TM. I'm not sure what number it is, so I'll have to have the Kecleon brothers appraise it for me. Come." Erusea motioned Nym to walk next to him as they went to the dojo. Erusea took his seat. "Would someone summon Beth? I realized I have yet to speak with her on this matter."

The song I was was singing ended faster than I realized. At first I thought this was a bad thing, but it may have just saved my life. Right as I finished I quieted down enough to hear rustling amongst the trees. Ok... time to head back now...

I threw up a Barrier in the direction the rustling came from and slipped back into the settlement quietly. I guess that going into the tree line for a moment of peace is still a risk here, and that I got lucky this time. I might be overreacting, but one never knows. I returned to the open of the town center and began to think. To ask if we need anything, or to question the merchants about my lost cohort?

Also congratulations on becoming a "hot" thread! :P

Edited by PeaceRibbon

It seems that no one is able to find Beth.

Good, I need as much thinking as possible, I bet she will be no push-over so I'll need to be prepare for my battle against her.

Let's see... first, I need to know what'll be the best possible form to use against her.

The Zangosses are known for hitting really hard and having average speed but they don't seem to take hits very well.

Staying as an Eevee would be a huge mistake since I won't be able to take her down with only Quick Attack and Bite.

Jolteon: This would be the obvious choice since I'll be way more faster than her, allowing me to dodge her attack while attacking from afar but the issue is the transformation itself. How am I suppose to be happy in a battle like this?

Vaporeon: 2 or 3 Surfs will be more than enough for taking her down and I can take a couple of hits in this form.

Flareon: While I'll hit as much harder as she will, I'll be slower which will be a problem since I barely take one hit in this form, let alone 2.

Espeon: I'll be able to hit from afar while being a little bit faster than her. Of course, it'll be difficult to stay calm in that situation.

Umbreon: The worst choice, while I can take hits very well, I can't even fight back propely.

Leafeon: Using Vine whip will be difficult because of her claws.

Glaceon: Bad choice too, I'll be too slow for dodging her hits.

Sylveon: I never managed to transform into this form before. I wonder how I can do it?

So either Jolteon, Vaporeon or Espeon will be my choice for the battle.

Bring it on, Beth.

Edited by Nym