Funny/Interesting Forged Weapon Names

The Geek

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are my forged weapons.

Odin: An iron sword named Owain's_Blade, an armorslayer named Panzerschreck, and a killing edge named Death's_Grasp.

Saizo: A flame shuriken named Flora's Bane.

I'll likely come up with more and add them later.

I somehow managed to get a Umbrella+3 forge that I named the 'Deathly Parasol'.

I also like naming some of the magic tomes after spells from previous games, IE Odin's Grimoire = Fenrir, Iago's Tome = Gleipnir, Moonlight = Luna, etc.

On one of my Conquest runs, I for some reason decided to name EVERYTHING that wasn't a basic weapon after Norse mythology.

EDIT: OH I think the BEST one is as follows...

My MU for my most recent Conquest run was an Oni Chief, and she ended up having a couple of spotpass waifus that she had a ton of bond unit babies with. Half or more of the bond babies were Oni too, and by strange coincidence I wound up getting a lot of Frying Pans and Embers on this run.

So when I assembled my streetpass team, I decided to make it MU and her waifus plus all the kids-- named it the Waifu Cooksquad and equipped everyone with chef hat accessories and food-themed weapons, including forged Frying Pans and Embers renamed to 'Progeny Skillet' and 'Cookfire'. The two waifu einherjar got a number of similarly-themed weapons including Stale Bread, Dinner Platter (forged Jakob's Tray), and Dinner Candle (forged Votive Candle).

Edited by BANRYU

• 3 weeks later...

Mine are just weapon names/special moves from other games I've played :0c. Also I renamed some of Hinoka's weapons to be Japanese weapons.

+3 Fimbulvetr - Northern Cross

+2 Leo's Iceblade - Frostbrand

+1 Laslow's Blade - Hinoka's Tachi

+2 Killing Edge - Chokutô

Lemme list some of my favorites among my own stupid joke names.

Iron Shuriken +5 - youre that ninja (didn't have room for le apostrophe nor for capital letters)

Blessed Lance +1 - Sneezing Lance

Iron Naginata +7 - Ouroboro (came from a time when I happened to notice that "Oboro" was contained in the word "ouroboro" - a word for a snake that eats itself - so I made a special cheat stick for my favorite fashionista from a word that just sounds kinda cool)

Beruka's Axe +1 - Big Boss's Axe

Berserker's Axe +2 - why (I mingled with calling it a "Devil Axe", since it hurts the user, but eh)

Bone Axe +2 - Bone Zone

Felicia's Plate +2 - Got Trouble?

Mini Bow +1 - Bad Bow (what kind of bow only has melee range?)

Rubber Bow +2 - Rubberer Bow

Ox Spirit +5 - Sakura Spirit (the name of one of many terrible visual novels with a "Sakura" in them)

Kodachi +3 - KoDaCHi LiFE

The rest are a bunch of stupid puns and in-jokes, though an honorable mention goes to the Brass Yumi I called Yoko Ono.

Also, on a side note, that iron naginata I mentioned has stronger base stats than the freakin' Omega Yato. Why in the hell am I able to make weapons that are almost as strong as the ultimate weapon of the game and that don't provide debuffs of any kind?

I mean, what's the point in all the build up towards this special little flower gathering his/her special brothers to produce a special weapon to kill the true Big Bad if some random gal from Hoshido with a chip on her shoulder can grab a well-forged naginata and stab n' slash the shit out of him just the same? Why won't the game recognize Oboro as the rightful Queen of Nowhere-Town that she is?

Saizo: A flame shuriken named Flora's Bane.

I don't think this joke will ever get old.

I somehow managed to get a Umbrella+3 forge that I named the 'Deathly Parasol'.

That's what I call Peach's up special in Smash Bros. Seriously, you can do some damage with that freakin' thing.

I wish there was a Raider Club so I could rename it "Strip Club"

I can only assume this is exactly why they didn't make a Raider Club. Then again, nothing has ever stopped sleezy teens and young adults like myself from coming up with naughty jokes like this.

This is actually the most I've nicknamed weapons in a Fire Emblem game

Probably because unlike in pretty much every single other FE game, the weapons in this game never break, so you have much more of an incentive to name them. I hardly even forged weapons in FE before Fates because I knew they'd end up breaking. Though I did make a forged Steel Lance in New Mystery called the "Bitch Stick". I gave it to Sirius and he made every foe he fought his bitch with it. It was glorious.

I guess I can dump my current Conquest weapon names in here. Plus some from other saves.

Beruka

Iron Axe +1 - Mini-Assassin

Steel Axe +2 - Assassinator

Leo

Iago's Grimoire +1 - Leo's Grimoire

Peri

Iron Lance +1 - Stabby Jr.

Steel Lance +1 - Stabby Sr.

Selena

Iron Sword +1 - Tsunderblade

Marth (He's a Dread Fighter)

Raider's Knife +1 - Marth's Backup

A few extras from other saves.

Selena

Iron Lance +1 or 2 - Tsunderstick

Iron Axe +2 - Tsundersmash

Pike-Ruin Club +1 - S.Masterslayer

Nyx

Bolt Naginata +1 - Shockstick

Kana

Thunder +1 - Dragon Magic

Felicia

Flame Shuriken +1 - Felicia Shuriken

Odin

Iron Sword +2 - HeCanCritNow

Steel Sword +1 - HeCanCrit2.0

Arthur's Axe +1 - Odin's Hax Axe

Camilla

Steel Axe +2 - MakeCamBettr

Soleil

Killing Edge +1 - Cutie Cutter

Effie

Swordcatcher +1 - SwordM.slayer

Unaffiliated

Frying Pan +1 - Searing Strike

Thunders +2 generally get named Zibelthiurdos, to take advantage of Owain's personal skill.

Forged Sticks and Frying Pans get named after MOTHER-series weapons of the respective types because I'm trash for that series.
...And Rubber Bows +1 get called Franklin Bows. +2 it changes to Courage Bow. Even though I know the progression actually goes the other way in Mother 3 shhhhhh.

Forged Fruit Knives become Fiji Dirks.

I dunno if anyone's ever played a game called The Last Puzzle Piece Remnant, but I seem to recall a boss from it who had the gayest attack moves I've ever seen... I think I want to recycle them for some weapons.

The attacks were 'Deep Impact' and 'Master Blow' if anyone wants to use them.

I'm not creative, but I liked when I forged Setsuna a Steel Bow called ":)"

It made killing fliers pretty funny

You could've gotten a Killer Axe and called it "The Sucker's Axe". You know, to reference the scene of which your member title is based off of. I totally didn't start rereading the LPs of that game again.

Marth (He's a Dread Fighter)

Raider's Knife +1 - Marth's Backup

Raider's Knife, hmm? If only Shiida used bows or axes :Kappa:

Odin

Iron Sword +2 - HeCanCritNow

Steel Sword +1 - HeCanCrit2.0

These are some high quality names. Imagine Odin just shouting "I'm gonna crit you now!" He's meta enough as it is, what with him shouting the names of other FE titles and sometimes nearly referencing the fact that he and the others are in a game. If he starts talking about crits, he'll be encroaching on Metal Gear levels of Fourth Wall breaking.

Soleil

Killing Edge +1 - Cutie Cutter

Huh... serrated edge... CC... Cookie Cutter... whew, that joke almost flew over my head.

On that note, wouldn't "Cutie Cutter" imply that Soleil is cutting cuties? Isn't that the opposite of what she'd want to do? I really don't want to further the creeping image in my head that Soleil is secretly a polyamorous psychopath.

I dunno if anyone's ever played a game called The Last Puzzle Piece Remnant, but I seem to recall a boss from it who had the gayest attack moves I've ever seen... I think I want to recycle them for some weapons.

The attacks were 'Deep Impact' and 'Master Blow' if anyone wants to use them.

I never played the game, but given those two names, I'm inclined to take your word for it. Now I have some ideas for Niles' new collection.

Raider's Knife, hmm? If only Shiida used bows or axes :Kappa:

i didnt feel like buying bronze knives to forge kek

These are some high quality names. Imagine Odin just shouting "I'm gonna crit you now!" He's meta enough as it is, what with him shouting the names of other FE titles and sometimes nearly referencing the fact that he and the others are in a game. If he starts talking about crits, he'll be encroaching on Metal Gear levels of Fourth Wall breaking.

If we made him the lead I guess we could call FE and Neptunia the same series.

shots fired at modern fe

Huh... serrated edge... CC... Cookie Cutter... whew, that joke almost flew over my head.

On that note, wouldn't "Cutie Cutter" imply that Soleil is cutting cuties? Isn't that the opposite of what she'd want to do? I really don't want to further the creeping image in my head that Soleil is secretly a polyamorous psychopath.

I didn't even think of that. I just named it that for no real reason.

To be fair, most enemies are male. Plus this was in Revelations so they're also, y'know, dead.

Edited by TrueEm

You could've gotten a Killer Axe and called it "The Sucker's Axe". You know, to reference the scene of which your member title is based off of. I totally didn't start rereading the LPs of that game again.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who knows what DDOP is. It's basically FE's equivalent to a "So bad, it's good" movie. That LP is also legitimately fantastic. It's probably my favorite FE related thing on the LP archive.

Edited by Avalanche

I'm glad I'm not the only person who knows what DDOP is. It's basically FE's equivalent to a "So bad, it's good" movie. That LP is also legitimately fantastic. It's probably my favorite FE related thing on the LP archive.

I did read the LP Archive one, but there's also one here on Serenes Forest in the LP Forums done by TheMoniker. It's something of a cult classic in the ROM hacking community.

He also did an LP of a terrible ROM hack based off of an inconsequential FE8 boss. That hack was called GhebFE, and it contains jokes that range from crass and distasteful to outright offensive and immoral. Highly recommended LP.