Pokemon XD team recommendations

TheAstraWolf

So I am playing Pkmn Colosseum and soon I might start the sequel Pkmn XD. I have seen the Pokedex for that game and started building a team. I need a good recommendation for my final party member. The only rule is no repeating types from the pokes I have planned.

Jolteon

Houndoom

Walrein

Gardevoir

Breloom

(*Insert 6th member*)

The team you chose is pretty solid.

In particular, Gardevoir, Wailrein and Houndoom are great choices. Wailrein might be a little slow and take a while to evolve however. And make sure to get TM03 Water Pulse from Mt. Battle's Area 2 or 3. I don't remeber which.

For your six member my suggestions would be:

Trapinch, a very strong attacker, however, like Spheal it will take a while to evolve.

The Aron family is a great tank.

Duskull family is also a great tank, but again, it takes a while to evolve.

Teddiursa, Makuhita and Zangoose are all reliable as well.

With what you have so far, I'd suggest a Flying-type or a Pokemon with Levitate so that you have a failsafe against Earthquake. Unfortunately XD doesn't have a great selection of those; Fearow and Pidgeot are mid-late and mediocre, the better fliers come really late, Trapinch -> Flygon is a rare wild encounter that requires lots of grinding, and everything else has type overlap.

Another thing you can do is have the sixth slot be a bulky Shadow Pokemon and rotate a new one in as you progress. You'll have a good tank against Shadow moves while snagging and can focus the experience onto your main five otherwise.

Fearow isn't really that bad for your team. I'd go for it.

While I agree that Fearow is pretty decent, the problem is that it comes rather late.

Not sure if it is worth the wait.

Then again, so does the Zangoose I mentioned.

EDIT: Gah, forget what I said!

I mixed Spearow with Pidgeotto.

It's Pidigeotto that comes late, not Spearow.

Sorry about this.

Edited by Water Mage

It's also noteworthy to say that the less pokemon the better. As long as you have nice coverage both offensively and defenseively, then everything will be fine.

I recall having just Gardevoir, Walrein, Flygon and don't remember what Eevee, probably Jolteon or Espeon. I gave Gardevoir Protect and spammed it with Flygon's Earthquake. Gardevoir had like Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball and did great. As long as your pokemon are high leveled, everything will be fine.